From Cleveland

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Queen James got on TV and kicked Cleveland in the balls on National TV.

Way I see it - Gilbert has the right to do all but go to LeBron's house with a bunch of armed thugs and kick his ass.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
damn, at first i thought it was a joke but it's actually posted on their official website

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Thats what happens when you asint sellin luxury boxes, season tickets, jerseys, getting sponsors. He aint makin any $$$$$ now. Of course hes gonna hate. Aint that how the world works

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Very smart move and one I would hope any of my teams would make in the circumstances. Forget unprofessional, while the man is clearly hurting he's basically saying, "listen Cleveland, we're you!" He's creating a siege mentality that will bring out defiance and if there is one thing you need in a depression it a group of people who will stand together in defiance of their situation.

Total and utter respect Dan.

Scribbles

Rotation player
As unprofessional as this, and it is to the utmost, LMAO...

This letter had to be written for Cleveland, OH. At least he's trying to unify a city that must be torn.

Actually, I think this is gonna keep CLE pushing the envelope even harder now.

orchid

Rookie
I love this. Clevelands got HEART.

The point is this is like an emotional rant from a teenager or something, not something fitting the status of a majority owner of an NBA team.

It's unprofessional, lacks class and is gonna get him in trouble most likely.
LeBron's the one who is unprofessional and lacking in class here. See nothing wrong with what Gilbert wrote. And reading between the lines of what Gilbert said:
There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.
There's apparently going to be A LOT more to come out about what was going on behind the scenes here.

Very smart move and one I would hope any of my teams would make in the circumstances. Forget unprofessional, while the man is clearly hurting he's basically saying, "listen Cleveland, we're you!" He's creating a siege mentality that will bring out defiance and if there is one thing you need in a depression it a group of people who will stand together in defiance of their situation.

Total and utter respect Dan.
Agreed. Cleveland is hurting right now:

Miami-Bound LeBron Breaks Hearts In Cleveland

by Tom Goldman

dpzp61.jpg

July 9, 2010

In the end, it took all of 11 seconds, but the fallout in two American cities may last for years.

LeBron James announced last night on ESPN that he's leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers and heading to the Miami Heat to form a new power trio with fellow star players Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

The reaction in both cities has been seismic.

Miami is a bit sunnier today if that's even possible, while in Cleveland, where James played for seven years, there is a new layer of bitterness in a place where sports and hard luck have gone together for many years.
James, Wade and Bosh all structured their contracts so they'd be free agents at the same time. Speculation and rumor by sports reporters over which team would score the NBA's most coveted free agent drove sports fans delirious with anticipation.

"LeBron? What's your decision," the ESPN announcer said after what seemed like endless delay.

At 9:27 p.m., he broke Ohio's heart

"This fall ? man, this is very tough ? this fall, I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat."

Answer in hand, the questions began: LeBron, why Miami?

"I felt like this is going to give me the best opportunity to win and to win for multiple years. I want to be able to win championships and I feel like I can compete down there."

Cleveland ? a city that last won a major professional sports championship in 1964, a city whose sports failures are cataloged in one-word descriptions like The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot ? now has The Decision.

For the hundreds of people watching at Harry Buffalo, a bar right next to the Cleveland Cavaliers' home arena, the night was over as soon as James uttered the words that chilled them to the core: "South Beach."

"I feel like my heart's been ripped out, stomped on and everything," said Stephanie Ramos, who was near tears. "I can't even believe that he couldn't be loyal and try to win a ? I feel like 10 championships there wouldn't equal to one that he could've gotten here."

During his post-decision interview, James ? who has the word "loyalty" tattooed on his chest ? watched a video of a Clevelander burning his Cavaliers jersey. "I can't get involved in that," he responded. But James said he gave the franchise everything in his seven years there and understands the pain his decision is causing.

"I feel awful that I?m leaving. I feel even worse that I wasn't able to bring an NBA championship to that city because I know they've been wanting it a long time," he said. "To my real fans out there, I hope you guys continue to support me all the way in Miami, and I guess I?ll see you guys, you know, this fall."

It's bound to be an icy welcome when Miami visits Cleveland ? and not just from fans.

On the Cavaliers' website, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert wrote a blistering open letter in which he called James' decision a cowardly betrayal and a shameful display of selfishness by one of our own. Gilbert also personally guaranteed that Cleveland will win an NBA title before the "self-declared former 'King'" wins one.

Considering how the Cavs' heart and soul has been transplanted to Miami and how the Heat now have to be part of any championship conversation, Gilbert and his team are going to need a lot more than angry words.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128404915

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You know why the Toronto Raptors didn't write an unprofessional letter about Chris Bosh leaving them? Because Bosh didn't dedicate a one hour special about him on ESPN telling the world that he's leaving. Had Bron chosen Miami without the spectacle, I'm sure Gilbert's letter would have been contrite, not angered. But Lebron embarrased Cleveland fans. Gilbert has the right to stand up for his depressed fans, and do something to give them hope. Sadly this team will suck for at least another 4-5 years. The post-Bron years will NOT be pretty.

petescud

Starter
I think what Mr Gilbert said was really motivating to those poor Cleveland fans. We;ll see what he put together. In the meantime, LeBron wins a Ring, loses credibility, and his numbers will suffer playing alongside Bosh and Wade. I personally hope its a nightmare for them all...I live 4 hrs from Miami but grew up 30 minutes from MSG

Lebron doesn’t owe anyone anything. He put ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Cleveland</ST1:place> on the map in more ways than we can possibly count. Players play to win championships, no one is promised tomorrow and injuries can change your game and your life in a minute.

I commend him on his unselfishness and commitments. The fans just need to realize it’s a business; wouldn’t you put your self in position for the best deal too? People need to grow up, and learn what’s more important in their life…
I don't know who is more childess...the cleveland owner, the NY media or the fans trying to live their dreams out thru some kid trying to make his dream own dream come true.

People are phoney, they worshipped and begged for the last 2 years, and now they say "who cares!!?" lol

now if thats not some baby tantrum...I don't know what is...