Gallinari's Performance

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Danilo Gallinari gave the crowd a thumbs- up for its support Monday but he's not as excited about the music selection the Knicks are using after he scores.
Gallinari scored nine points, including his first NBA dunk in Monday's 102-98 win over the Chicago Bulls. After each of his four baskets, the Knicks' long-time public address announcer Mike Walczewski, using a thick Italian accent, said "Daneeelo Gal-lin-ar-ay" and then the Italian songs "Volare" or "That's Amore" were played.
When asked about hearing his name, Gallinari said: "I need to talk a little bit with them about that. Because it's not so good, the pronunciation. I will talk about that. As for the music, no, not so good."
Mike D'Antoni was somewhat surprised by the music selection himself and looked at the scorer's table after Gallinari's first basket.
Apparently, Gallinari would prefer to hear a more updated, age-appropriate song. Also, the Italian journalists who attend Gallinari's home games said the song stereotypes Italians.

LMAO. Wow. how typical of people to stereotype others. They forgot to put up "Godfather" clips on the screen. And what about some "Rocky" songs. Eye of the tiger, maybe?

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
Hi
I'm a Danilo Gallinari and also a NYK fan and
i'm From Milan (Italy) i just want to tell you that Danilo is the best Italian Player, forget Bargnani Danilo is Better !
Hi Danilo Gallinari fan ;)
You are the second Olimpia Milan fan in this forum i think

th3realicon

Rotation player
Till Gallo gets to Bargnanis' level the comparison is out of question.
I am still skeptic on Danilos' endurance and his chances of staying healthy. He is only 20 and has back problems for crying out loud.

sjmp

Rookie
Till Gallo gets to Bargnanis' level the comparison is out of question.
I am still skeptic on Danilos' endurance and his chances of staying healthy. He is only 20 and has back problems for crying out loud.

Dude he hurt his back in the summner. He never had a back problem in his life. So lets ease up on generalizations. :boohoo::gony:

bosforo65

Rookie
Gallinari = The Truth.....dude is a sick player and he's only 20!
maybe 'coz ny medical staff didn't listened to the italian one and made it pump heavy weights...
he's 6-10 at 20 y, 2 years ago he grow up 6'' in a year: it's normal to have some growing problems.
btw, is plenty of good athletes and bad basketball players out there: get another guy.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Gallinari = The Truth.....dude is a sick player and he's only 20!

maybe 'coz ny medical staff didn't listened to the italian one and made it pump heavy weights...
he's 6-10 at 20 y, 2 years ago he grow up 6'' in a year: it's normal to have some growing problems.
btw, is plenty of good athletes and bad basketball players out there: get another guy.

Looool :teeth::teeth::teeth:

DaTRiNCE meant that Gallinary is ''sick'' player at 20years old, as in very very good and the new guy ''bosforo65'' took it literally and said get rid of him.

LOOOOL:teeth::teeth::teeth:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Lmao thats a classic post loll, bosforo65 that post won't be forgotten for a while

it was bad luck with Gallinari's back, he hurt it during a game, and we rushed him back we didnt wait it out like we should've, we coulda had him back in Dec if we waited it out but instead settled for lat Jan cause we rushed him

he won't have these back problems throughout his career, he's gonna get through this, once he's healthy he'll be right up there with Rose and Mayo and Beasley and Lopez for best players outta this draft class

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the reason he looks slow and off pace, it's because he's not in game shape yet, once he gets there he'll look much more fluid.

bosforo65

Rookie
Lmao thats a classic post loll, bosforo65 that post won't be forgotten for a while

it was bad luck with Gallinari's back, he hurt it during a game, and we rushed him back we didnt wait it out like we should've, we coulda had him back in Dec if we waited it out but instead settled for lat Jan cause we rushed him

he won't have these back problems throughout his career, he's gonna get through this, once he's healthy he'll be right up there with Rose and Mayo and Beasley and Lopez for best players outta this draft class

i'm not american and english it's not my language, i think you already understood it. btw, there's people on this forum who's doubting about his back, that's for sure.

i've seen a lot of european players being physically transformed during the first 2/3 years, adding a lot of muscles in a short time. it's clear that in the US there's a different approach to body building (and medicine too) and i think that with Gallo the work with weights was just too heavy. italian medical staff knew about his problems: maybe there was not a great comunication between the two staffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will someone put this in the Knicks vs Grizz game thread.....I'm late for work

(17-24) Knicks vs (11-30) Grizz
Memphis is on a 7 game losing streak inwhich they could not out score their last oponent (Bobcats defense) in any of the 4 quarters.
The Knicks is on a 2 game win streak based mostly on their big change of using a 9-Man rotation than the weak aghausted 7-Man rotation that was killing PG-Duhon....whom was leading the league in the most minutes played this season.
And using Wilson Chandler at 3 different positions I'm suprise he does'nt have more than just a sore hip for this game.
Knick-Fans should be aware of the new 9-Player lineup that gives us enough "depth" to perform well throughout all 4 quarters of the game vs the average NBA team. We are doing well with 6-SF, 2-PG, and 1-PF, in our lineup.....it reminds me of the "Jordan Bulls" whom used 5-SF in their lineup to win 3 Championships.
Rookie Gallo must have been told by all the NBA Sports analyst about this guy name "Kiya" been writing them constantly since the early offseason on how the Knicks drafted "Mr. Softy" in the 2008 draft from overseas when the "Mr. Softy" truck stops 4 times a day in front of MSG for the last 20 years. Is the Knicks draft pick "Mr. Softy" NBA ready? Is selecting a family member in the draft one of the "Perks" with coach Dantoni's job?
Well.....Gallo first 3 straight games in the NBA has "Kiya" E-Mail loaded with sports writers he did not write talking plenty SHUUT! about who's Mr. Softy Now?.....How does it taste to eat all the Bullshuut u been giving out....mouth to full to speak. WTF!
Danilo Gallinari did come-out of......6-month after the draft with some solid performances which look like he has a future in the NBA.....to early to tell....Kiya will give PROPS where props is deserve....time to measure Gallo talent vs Gay & Mayo tonight.....it's worth buying two $85 dollar seats to watch.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i'm not american and english it's not my language, i think you already understood it. btw, there's people on this forum who's doubting about his back, that's for sure.

i've seen a lot of european players being physically transformed during the first 2/3 years, adding a lot of muscles in a short time. it's clear that in the US there's a different approach to body building (and medicine too) and i think that with Gallo the work with weights was just too heavy. italian medical staff knew about his problems: maybe there was not a great comunication between the two staffs.

its all good, yea but i dont see his back being a problem throughout his career i think it was a bad luck thing, he'll get over it, and once it's healed completely he'll stay on course for a great career in the NBA