Game 4: Impending Doom

The highlight of the game was pothead Balkman in a suit with a fly :teeth:

I had to grin like crazy every time I saw him.

I hope I don't have to see Ladry Fields in a Knicks uniform again in my lifetime!

tiger0330

Legend
WOW> Knicks only team to get swept. Pacers-Sixers show some heart... We lay down for 7 of the 8 quarters at home in this series?

14-14 since Carmelo arrived and then swept in the 1st round = D'antoni getting fired in my book.
Denver is going down 4-0, book it. OKC is a monster.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any other team in the past 10 years with playoff appearances and no wins? It really feels bad to get swept again after so many years of miserable seasons.. i really liked AC though

smokes

Huge Member
Denver is going down 4-0, book it. OKC is a monster.

True that OKC is miles ahead of Boston though ;)

LOL at not wanting Fields back... potential ROY for 60 games and you wanna get rid of him because he hit the rookie wall and didn't perform in the playoffs? Gosh not like I've ever seen that happen 100 times before!

KingCharles34

All Star
The highlight of the game was pothead Balkman in a suit with a fly :teeth:

I had to grin like crazy every time I saw him.

I hope I don't have to see Ladry Fields in a Knicks uniform again in my lifetime!

Agreed Lady Fields bailed on the team and showed no heart where heart mattered most. Hes an actor, not a factor....lets trade his faggit ass to the raptors.

On the real we need to keep him until the deadline next year and do whatever we can to restore his value. Then trade him + Billups + a few others + draft picks for CP3

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Since he got inserted into the game the Knicks cut the Celtics lead by 20 points. The whole point is when role players like TD & Landry are playing like crap you owe it to your team to go to other options. Your point was that going to your 3rd string PG in that situation was a crappy strategy. I think the results speak for themselves.

These are all professional basketball players there is no reason to have them on the roster if you can't go to them when your other guys aren't performing up to standard. AC is the MVP of this game by far.

I hear you..

Just remember.. AC is the kind of player that taketh more than he giveth..

Total luck of the draw that he plays that well.

That we had to resort to playing him for key minutes in the 4th quarter of a must-win game says everything re: the sry state of this team currently.

STAT1

Starter
How could any of the returning players want to come back and play for this guy next season? I think Melo will be having words with his agent to lean on Dolan to get us a coach that actually knows the game of basketball.

I truly think the last month or so we have seen the ceiling of MDA's coaching. Time to move on.

I agree. I already get the sense that Melo isn't crazy about this head coach & Amar'e has openly questioned his lack of focus on preaching defense on more than 1 occasion. I don't see the upside in continuing w/this coach when our team isn't even built to play his system anymore. We should go to a more conventional style of play with a coach who has a better reputation for teaching defensive skills to his players & move on. I have a feeling MDA's gonna be here next year though.

KingCharles34

All Star
So whos gonna make the Official 2011 Knicks offseason thread?
SmileySuicide.gif

Agreed Lady Fields bailed on the team and showed no heart where heart mattered most. Hes an actor, not a factor....lets trade his faggit ass to the raptors.

On the real we need to keep him until the deadline next year and do whatever we can to restore his value. Then trade him + Billups + a few others + draft picks for CP3
Trade Billups+Fields+Turiaf+Rautins for CP3. Get those F#kn bums out of here.

TakMan

Rotation player
Last 2 games the team didn't show up.

Entire series no shows were:

1 Landry Fields- The man was as bad on offence as he was on defence (tragic)

2 Toney Douglas - Demonstrated none of the attributes we witnessed in the regular season

3 Stoudamire - The only player with vast playoff experience (should have stepped up)

4 Bill Walker - Had his moments on defence but was offensively non existent

In Billups absence it was down to Douglas to take his regular season game to the playoffs. In Fields 'absence' it was down to Walker to convince the team that they need to keep him. While the refs were provoking it was down to Stoudamire to pick the team up and demonsrate that we have the talent and mentality to beat the Celtics and the refs. None of this happened. I think we all knew the Knicks would lose this tie; I doubt most expected it to happen in 4 games. I've never seen a team miss this many open shots. Especially a team that averaged around 40% from beyond the arc. Everyone needs to assume responsibility, including (though not only) the coach.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
We need to hire Rick Adelman. He turned franchise around before (Portland, Sacramento, Houston). Give him a chance and we won't regret

KingCharles34

All Star
Why did Douglas let Rondo drive on him repeatedly? I just dont get it, the Lakers set the blueprint for guarding rondo last year in the finals. Some teams and coaches took notes, but its apparent that some teams didnt update their scouting reports (subliminal)

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Last 2 games the team didn't show up.

Entire series no shows were:

1 Landry Fields- The man was as bad on offence as he was on defence (tragic)

2 Toney Douglas - Demonstrated none of the attributes we witnessed in the regular season

3 Stoudamire - The only player with vast playoff experience (should have stepped up)

4 Bill Walker - Had his moments on defence but was offensively non existent

In Billups absence it was down to Douglas to take his regular season game to the playoffs. In Fields 'absence' it was down to Walker to convince the team that they need to keep him. While the refs were provoking it was down to Stoudamire to pick the team up and demonsrate that we have the talent and mentality to beat the Celtics and the refs. None of this happened. I think we all knew the Knicks would lose this tie; I doubt most expected it to happen in 4 games. I've never seen a team miss this many open shots. Especially a team that averaged around 40% from beyond the arc. Everyone needs to assume responsibility, including (though not only) the coach.

Neither Billups or TD are good enough. Amar'e I'm prepared to overlook as he clearly wasn't 100% fit.

Can Fields bounce back? I'd say he can. Can we afford to find out? Well I'd see that's down to the trades offered.

PG and C have to be acquired somehow.