Game Thread: DET@NYK Mar. 5 7:00 PM

We get the game back under control by basically letting Derrick Williams run amok. Pistons with no defensive answers for his offensive aggression. Lead back up to 15.

It has taken a little more than half a season for Robin Lopez and Melo to build the offensive chemistry we were always hoping for Melo and Stat to build. Melo consistently giving Robin Lopez point blank looks. Lead back up to 15 on that Lopez and-1.

Pistons can't put the ball in the ocean shooting 3/16 from 3. I don't see the Knicks losing this one.

Only up 9 after 3 quarters. I wish I had your confidence that this isn't going to be d?j? vu yet again.

On a side note, Grant looks super athletic out there, but he just makes weird looking plays on offense. He needs to get his head right or something.

tiger0330

Legend
End of the 3rd and the Knicks lead 79-70. Ended the quarter badly allowing 2 Blake 3s and JG missing 2 close in shots on drives, Gallo also missing a couple of 3s allowed the Pistons to shave this lead.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
13-2 DET run in the 4th cuts the lead to 4. Quinn's 10 pt makes the score 83-77, he's having an outstanding game for the 2nd unit.

Melo finding an open Afflalo for 3. Lead is 9 and Afflalo is 8 for 10 tonight.

Rambis getting Grant minutes by playing him with Calderon and Afflalo, basically in Porzingis' slot.

Nice run by a unit consisting mainly of our starters. Lead stretched back up to 13 with over 6 minutes to go.

Terrible game for Reggie Jackson. Big games for Afflalo, Robin Lopez, and Melo proving too much for Detroit.

Comical moment. Drummond slips and gets stuffed by the rim, but refs bail him out and call a foul on Robin Lopez. Drummond misses both free throws. Lead is 17.

I don't mean to be a downer here, but not sure how this is a game we can build upon. We are going to win because Afflalo, Melo, and Lopez are all having superb individual performances while outside of Drummond, Harris, and Blake, most of the Pistons played poorly tonight. I almost feel like this game was law of averages finally working out for us for once.

Starters still on the court with a 19 point lead and less than 2 minutes to go. Rambis trying to make a statement?

tiger0330

Legend
I don't mean to be a downer here, but not sure how this is a game we can build upon. We are going to win because Afflalo, Melo, and Lopez are all having superb individual performances while outside of Drummond, Harris, and Blake, most of the Pistons played poorly tonight. I almost feel like this game was law of averages finally working out for us for once.
They're playing for Rambis getting the HC position. Phil would have a hard time giving him the job if they continue losing but if he can finish with something like an 11-8 record the rest of the way PJ might make him HC. I think he tries for Walton first but Rambis is 2nd in line IMO.

Nice win sparked by the three guys who should be our 3 best players on a nightly basis. Now we head out West.

They're playing for Rambis getting the HC position. Phil would have a hard time giving him the job if they continue losing but if he can finish with something like an 11-8 record the rest of the way PJ might make him HC. I think he tries for Walton first but Rambis is 2nd in line IMO.

You are probably right, much to my dismay. Maybe I'll just hire Thibodeau myself to coach me around the house. Damn, this stupid team.