Game Thread: Hawks@Knicks 11/10/2014

Kiyaman

Legend
Makes me sick to say this, but Early's quick trigger reminds me of Antoine Walker. He just shoots anything that he can possibly shoot it seems.

Early ???
Giannis Antetokounmpo is playing 10 times better for coach Kidd

Shumps 3 to start the 2nd half then THJ 3 to follow

Kiyaman

Legend
Breen is so dumb .. theres nothing good about a forward catching his first foul after 18 minutes
Fisher didnt assign anyone to defend Kover on the perimeter

tiger0330

Legend
Got the lead and then they turn it over to let the Hawks back in. Can't wait until Calderon comes back, these guards can't take care of the ball.

Kiyaman

Legend
Walt is Dum too .. Teague was wide open under the basket but threw the ball out to Kover on the 3-ball line.
it would've look bad on Teague if Kover missed

Refs miss another call on that loose ball off Millsap's head. Should have been our ball down by 1, instead Korver drains a two on the extra possession and now the game is once again getting away from us. It's not like we're playing well, but man, it sure seems like the refs are taking away what little chance we have to win these last couple games.

Nice play by Shump to get us a quick 2 and keep a glimmer of hope alive in this game down by 5 with less than a minute to go.

Literally the worst possible way defensively to play that possession by the Hawks. Let them dribble for 20 seconds at the top of the key to kill the clock then fall for the pick and roll so that they get Horford wide open under the hoop and then foul him for an easy two points at the line. Terrible.

I can understand the MSG crowd's frustration, but it's never cool to cheer someone nut shotting a dude with a basketball, even if it does help your team avoid a 5 second inbound violation. Shame on you, Shump.

tiger0330

Legend
A bad team is one when your opponent plays bad and you still find a way to lose. The Hawks shot less than 40% and we were within 1 but missed some critical FTs and didn't stop their backup PG from making 2 critical plays.

And who do we have to close out a game, Amare is healthy but he's not been a closer this season and neither has Melo other than the one game against the Cavs.

We continue to lose and look like a lottery team. PJ's pre-game comments continue to loom large that starting around the holidays he is going to start adjusting this roster and getting rid of the players who are not learning this system. At this point, you could argue that he could literally move anyone who is moveable. Just don't touch that 1st round pick for this season, it is likely to be a good one.

mafra

Legend
How many points did the Hawks PG make down the stretch on Larkin? Shrewd er
5 games in a .. What???

I love the Knicks. A fan since late 70s... I used to be Sparrow setting up King in my driveway. But you guys are diehard... There's no way I can watch this roster play basketball... It gives ugly a bad name. Actually, it's not even fair to call it ball bc they aren't even really playing it. Life is too short with too much to do to actually choose to sit and endure this... And I have stuck with this team, through all the bad years, and have lived and died with them even when it didn't matter.

But they don't deserve our pain. They don't hustle or even care, it's impossible to watch these guards run the floor. Almost every guard on this roster will be put of the nba next year or shortly thereafter. Melo is on the wrong side of his prime.

For example, since I love this team I still care enough to check box score to see what happened. I tune in and there is five minutes left in the 4th. 75-71 ATL and Melo is on the FT line. There was no doubt in my mind he was missing one of the those gimmes. It's sad but true. And sure enough....

nobody wants melo to win one more than I do... He has no help so the losing is not his fault. I think he is the only player who does care.... He just doesn't have a nasty streak in him like Kobe and mj.

This year and next will destroy Anthony. Next year, when we improve and need to ride Melo.... Too much losing is ingrained in his DNA. I am realizing now, no matter now prolific he is as a scorer, he shrink when you need it most. Turnovers, offense fouls, missed FT... He'll never win as the A or 1A star. Unless we surround him with a PG, C and SG.... Rendering Melo as the 3rd option... His low ball IQ, lack of handle, uncoordinated self has lost too much that he just doesn't know to win.
A
tonight perfect example... Missed free throw followed by a turnover... He isn't the reason why we lost.... But unlike 2 years ago, he cannot carry a team anymore.... Not in a 7 game series or over 82 regular season games.

Giving him. Max was a huge mistake. Only way to build a winner is to be lousy and get picks. If we did that after Ewing... We would have David Lee, Noah and Randolph as our front court right now....

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
A bad team is one when your opponent plays bad and you still find a way to lose. The Hawks shot less than 40% and we were within 1 but missed some critical FTs and didn't stop their backup PG from making 2 critical plays.

And who do we have to close out a game, Amare is healthy but he's not been a closer this season and neither has Melo other than the one game against the Cavs.

Any game the Knicks play this year the other team has the advantage bc they have the better backcourt. NBA these days is a guard league. Rules favor them. Bigs and Forwards need facilitators to feed them and set them up. And when it matters most, down the stretch, they handle the ball and create. We get turnovers bc we run offense thru a big and our guards clank bricks left and right and never stop a soul. I was fooled last year but won't be this year. This is why I will not commit time or emotion. Team has been in the next year plan for 6 years... As a fan, I am on board now. I will care again come October 2015

mafra

Legend
Refs miss another call on that loose ball off Millsap's head. Should have been our ball down by 1, instead Korver drains a two on the extra possession and now the game is once again getting away from us. It's not like we're playing well, but man, it sure seems like the refs are taking away what little chance we have to win these last couple games.

knicks play 82 road games. No such thing as home court advantage or star treatment for us.

mafra

Legend
I see not much changed since Saturday night. ATL was 27-28 from the FT line, while Knicks were 7-12.

what is more disturbing? Yet again visiting team comes to NY and gets twice as many FT attempts or the fact that ATL, in a close game, made 20 more FT shots or the fact we missed FIVE!!! Hawks missed 1 folks. If they missed 5 and we miss 1, we win the game.

on our home floor Carroll, Milsap, Korver and Schroeder.... Take as many or more FTs than Melo? How is that possible?