Game Thread: Knicks@Cavs

Broadway

All Star
Melo regular season teams play Lebron regular seasons teams well. Will tonight's win carry over to the next game and the one after and the one after

Kiyaman

Legend
Ashamed of myself as a Knicks' fan that I thought we had no chance tonight. What a great win. Game balls go to the entire team, but especially Acy, JR Smith, coach Fisher, Shump, and man, what a great game from Melo, he gets his 25 and hits 6 of his last 7. Great game.

I did too.
The NBA Media blowed-up the Cavs in the summer to be contenders, when Derek Rose preseason game vs Cavs showed they are pretenders.
The Cavs rookie head coach will lose more games then the players (Woodson).
The most idiotic trade this summer were from the Cavs management giving up Wiggins for a NO-DEFENSE Love.
Wiggins are a step or two away from becoming a NBA super-star.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Great team win tonight by our Knicks.WOW I haven't seen a Knick team play that much team ball in a long time and it was really fun to watch.Everybody on the floor was in the play that was called and everybody touched it and everybody shot the ball.I don't know how many games they will win but I want to see them play that way every night.They showed tonight that its a success when they play that way b/c they beat the Cavs.I just hope and pray that some players stay on the same page and be 100 percent playing this kind of style on moving the ball around.

mafra

Legend
Great team win tonight by our Knicks.WOW I haven't seen a Knick team play that much team ball in a long time and it was really fun to watch.Everybody on the floor was in the play that was called and everybody touched it and everybody shot the ball.I don't know how many games they will win but I want to see them play that way every night.They showed tonight that its a success when they play that way b/c they beat the Cavs.I just hope and pray that some players stay on the same page and be 100 percent playing this kind of style on moving the ball around.

A great win. I was positive we were going to spoil the effort with a typical collapse, but Carmelo and JR made the buckets when we needed. You see that.... It is called coaching... Having a fresh Anthony in the end was the difference. Lots of assists... Jason Smith, Acy, Wear, and Larkin played well. Travis Wear goes from undrafted to playing Lebron man2man in ISO on natl tv... and getting the stop... Three times!

Shump was much better and JR Smith was much-much better... If they combine for 25+ plus points with a few rebounds and a bunch of assists... We will win most nights. We will go as far as our SGs will take us.

Bulls just a bad matchup for us bc our strength is our forwards... Bulls have a better front court and experienced bench.

Cavs play little defense and had nothing in their reserve unit. Perhaps I overreacted last night...

When and If we gets Bargs and Calderon back... Things will start to flow. I like the toughness Acy, Aldrich and Wear bring in the paint... And I think we need to develop Larkin and THjr, to see if they have roles moving forward. Fisher is going to have to be creative to keep everyone involved.

Not sure what is wrong with Daly and Hardaway, and Amare kind of disappeared tonight... But this was a team effort... Lots of assists... A team win. Our 100 million dollar stud delivered... Got his assists... We played in the flow... Didn't rely on the three-pointer. Impressive.

There will be lots of ups and downs, and we still struggle to find scoring consistently. With 8 left in the fourth quarter, we had jr smith, prigs, Shump, Acy and Aldrich on the floor vs Lebron and Kyrie. That probably won't work most nights.... It did tonight tho.

again, as was the case the last two years.... When we get just average to pretty solid effort/production from the backcourt we can be competitive and beat anyone.

Most importantly, there won't be this snowballing momentum... Wondering when the first win will come. Fisher and Jax collect their first win... Now we can feel good and prepare for another big game Sunday.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This was seriously a great game.

I think it's still pretty clear that the team still has to gel and they still have to work out a lot of small things here or there, but I liked what I saw from a lot of players tonight. Acy, Larkin, both Smiths, and Shump all played pretty well. The team moved the ball very well...30 assists!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Couldn't watch it... also forgot to dvr the game. Came back home this afternoon all pumped and realized I screwed up. :(

DrB

Benchwarmer
Melo hobbling, I think he turned an ankle. Also, I think I am starting to hate Larkin. He seems to make the wrong play every chance he gets.
Larkin played very ,very well. Hit a few baskets but his body languague said he not intimadated. I was totally down on him but he will devolope becase his team mates appear to have more confidence in him now. JR has more bungles but comes back and keeps firing because he has confidence. Wait and see what Larkin does with Calderon back. They will need Larkin's speed in certain situations.

Last edited:

DrB

Benchwarmer
Lead down to 3. Maybe jumping the gun here, but Aldrich is giving us a presence in the middle on both ends that none of our other big men seem able to do
Seemed like Aldrich brought alot more than Dalenbert. But Jason Smith was game changer tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Knicks WIN ....
A surprise Knicks WIN in Cleveland, the real Knicks fans that bet $ on the Knicks to win in Cleveland hurt their Bookies and Los Vegas.

The Fisher Knicks (only) took twelve 3-point shots lastnite in Cleveland. That's right 12 3-ball shots, and made 6 of them.
Fisher ran a 11-man rotation compared to Cavs coach Blatt 8-man rotation lastnite (4 Cavs players played 40 minute).
Both teams ran a small-ball rotation with the Knicks coming out as WINNERS.

In the next game vs Hornets, coach Fisher could probably run the same small-ball lineups and rotation he ran on the Cavs to come out with a win over the Hornets in MSG.
The following game in MSG vs the Washington Wizards, Fisher can not run a small-ball lineup rotation for a win, the Wizards rely on their Big frontline rotation to score, and force opponents to shoot from the perimeter. Plus the Wizards starters & bench are full of veterans with postseason experience (like our 54 win season team).

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Fisher is a certifiable genius or insane. Who else would put a rookie who just made the cut on Lebron, most guys in Wear's position would not even see the floor with most teams and coaches.

He flat out outcoached Blatt of the Cavs who didn't use the Matrix or Mike Miller much.

I said I like DFish after seeing him coach in the Spike Lee special. I agree with the players that I have heard say he doesn't seem like a rookie coach.

Anybody have an opinion on who they think is better at this juncture, Kerr or DFish.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
Jason Smith proved to be a very useful player. He can knock down jump shot from the high post, which is crucial in this system.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I love NBA, over the course of three nights Knicks got whacked by Chicago, then we won against the Cavaliers and then Cleveland beat the Bulls. :lol:

tiger0330

Legend
I love NBA, over the course of three nights Knicks got whacked by Chicago, then we won against the Cavaliers and Cleveland beat the Bulls. :lol:
Pretty crazy for sure, the preseason was somewhat like that. Getting blown out by the Bucks and then playing 2 good games against the Wiz and Raps. We're going to have to play a dozen games before we know how good or bad this team is but if we can play .500 ball for 12 games I'll be happy.