Game Thread - Knicks vs Cavs - October 25, 2016

jimkcchief88

All Star
Didn't finish the game until this morning on DVR but damn... We just can't get the 2 guard spot right...AA shooting bricks last year, this year it's C. Lee:(. Too much Kyrie on the offensive and and too much Lebron on both ends of the floor. We were playing the defending champs but we have a long way to go. "Just one game" but playoffs looks like a far off dream. Shake this one off and move forward.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
There's no shame in losing the opening game to the current champions. Even though we looked like a complete mess at times, I was pleasantly surprised by the overall effort. I'd give the guys at least a couple of weeks, if not months, before pushing the panic button.

and1

Rotation player
^ i'm nowhere near hitting the panic button either. i had a pretty good feeling that one of the two teams last
night was going to get blown out, and it could've gone either way.
but i will say this: if they're not at .500 by, say, game 20,
phil's going to start tightening the triangle leash and things will get worse, much much worse.
if the players on the team want less triangle, they'd better sharpen up, clean up that sloppiness and start
winning some games. good news is they have a few days to practice before the next game against memphis.
let's get it!

Kiyaman

Legend

The last time Knicks had a SG with a high energy performance his name were Letrell Sprewell ..

Wow .. if Simmons keep up this high type of performance for the next 4 weeks, Spurs starter Danny Green recovery period may get extended or Green will get all his playing time at the point.
Simmons hustle performance last night were the type of high performance u expect to see from GS Warriors star role-players Iggy or Livingston on both sides of the court .. I went beserk when Simmons caught Curry's layup on the glass .. now thas AGGY ctfu

tiger0330

Legend
The last time Knicks had a SG with a high energy performance his name were Letrell Sprewell ..

Wow .. if Simmons keep up this high type of performance for the next 4 weeks, Spurs starter Danny Green recovery period may get extended or Green will get all his playing time at the point.
Simmons hustle performance last night were the type of high performance u expect to see from GS Warriors star role-players Iggy or Livingston on both sides of the court .. I went beserk when Simmons caught Curry's layup on the glass .. now thas AGGY ctfu
Looked like Lebron with that chase down block of Curry's layup, I've liked Simmons since summer league 2015.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
if the players on the team want less triangle, they'd better sharpen up, clean up that sloppiness and start
winning some games. good news is they have a few days to practice before the next game against memphis.
let's get it!
Sloppiness... there were so many sloppy moves and terrible plays. IMO the key is for Rose to a) stay healthy and b) learn to know the team. When your PG finishes with a single assist and four turnovers you know there's a lot of room for improvement. But heck, I've always liked D-Rose and his aggressive playstyle.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sloppiness... there were so many sloppy moves and terrible plays. IMO the key is for Rose to a) stay healthy and b) learn to know the team. When your PG finishes with a single assist and four turnovers you know there's a lot of room for improvement. But heck, I've always liked D-Rose and his aggressive playstyle.

D.Rose 30 minute performance in the Cavs game were like a player that missed training camp plus missed all the preseason games to show up with a SLOPPY individual shoot-first talent at the point .. the coach the coach the coach should have known better.
The Knicks 2nd quarter performance were played well having PG Jennings running the point.
The coach not giving a experience combo-guard Sasha any playing-time until garbage time gets all the credit for the Knicks 29 pt blowout LOSS.

The Knicks getting out rebounded 51-42 by Cavs plus the poor defensive-effort from the Knicks rotation were from a incompetent head-coach Horn .. the Knicks Lance Thomas 17 minutes at the PF position was a BUST move by a incompetent head coach, Lance Thomas poor performance n poor effort which let the Cavs shoot above 50% FG while Lance Thomas were on the court pretending to be a PF. Our Lance Thomas couldn't defend or score on opponents 6.9 Lebron, 6.8 Jefferson, 6.11 Frye, 6.10 Love, or 6.9 Thompson.

Last night, I watch the Philly 76ers vs (no-Durant) OKC Thunders to actually see Philly's headcoach Brett Brown substitute his young players in a 11 man rotation that showed to be 10 times better than our Knicks headcoach Horn did in the first game of the season.
The 76ers starter PG-Sergio Rodriguez played a outstanding game getting all his teammates involve in the offense to keep both teams changing the lead throughout all 4 quarters .. Great Game to watch .. Embiid has superstar potential to put the 76ers on the map again.