home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksAtlanta Hawks
Cam Reddish - Anjle injury (OUT)Danilo Gallinari - Right Achilles soreness (QUEST)
Kemba Walker - Sore left knee (OUT)Kevin Knox - Not with team (OUT)
Solomon Hill - Hamstring (OUT)Jalen Johnson - Left ankle spain (QUEST)
Derrick Rose - Ankle surgery (OUT)Lou Williams - Rest (OUT)
-Clint Capela - Left ankle sprain (DOUBT)
-Chris Clemons - Medical protocols (QUEST)
-Cameron Oliver - Medical protocols (QUEST)

Game Preview

The New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks continue their spirited series on Saturday in Atlanta, with each team entering the game going in different directions.

The Knicks are coming off a 108-85 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday. New York has won two straight and seven of its last 10.

Atlanta gave up a seven-point fourth-quarter lead and dropped a 124-118 decision to the Miami Heat on Friday. The Hawks have lost four in a row and eight of their last 10. The Hawks are 3 1/2 games outside the final playoff spot, currently held by New York.

This will be the third meeting between the teams this season, with New York winning both previous games. Atlanta's Trae Young missed the second game because of COVID-19. The Knicks have won six straight regular-season games against the Hawks, though Atlanta defeated New York in five games in the first round of the playoffs last season.

New York's RJ Barrett has been on a hot streak. He scored 32 points against the Mavs and, at age 21, became the youngest Knick to post back-to-back 30-point games. His effort against Dallas helped New York reach the .500 mark for the first time since Dec. 7.

"I think we're going to find success if we continue to do the little things and just continue to work and be consistent throughout the rest of the season," Barrett said. "As long as we do that, we'll put ourselves in a good position."

The teams made a swap with each other on Thursday. The Hawks traded Cam Reddish to the Knicks in exchange for Kevin Knox and a 2022 protected first-round pick.

Reddish was Atlanta's No. 1 draft pick and No. 10 overall in the 2019 draft. He has been hampered by injuries throughout his career, most recently an ankle sprain. In 34 games this season he is averaging 11.9 points and 2.5 rebounds.

Knox was the ninth overall pick in the 2018 draft. After starting 57 games as a rookie, when he averaged 12.8 points and 4.5 rebounds, Knox fell out of favor. He has played only 13 games this season and is averaging 3.6 points and 1.7 rebounds.

"This gives us two, three weeks before the trade deadline to see if a small tweak does kind of change the trajectory of the season," Atlanta general manager Travis Schlenk said. "By doing this early, it gives us that little runway to evaluate."

Reddish approached Schlenk during the offseason about being traded to a team with whom he could enjoy a bigger role.

"He's a super-high talent," Schlenk said. "We all see that. But we're trying to blend the team together, as well. ... He could certainly go on and have an all-star caliber career and I wouldn't be shocked at all by that. ... I completely understand where New York is coming from. If I was New York and I had three first-round draft picks the way they did and you look at Cam Reddish's potential, I get that."

Reddish will not play against his former team Saturday, however. Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said Reddish will be out "a while" because of a sprained ankle.

Game preview courtesy of:
--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
Big game today. At 21-21, what direction is this team heading, after making a move, with a month to go before the trade deadline?

Knicks are 2-0 vs ATL this season and up 3 on the loss side in the standings?

A win today means NYK takes season series, and puts 4 games of space between the 2 teams? A win for ATL, and they climb back into the mix.

Knicks 7-3 last 10; ATL 5-5.

Knicks off since Wed and are 5-2, I believe, with 2 days rest. ATL played last night, and are 2-4, I think, on back-to-backs.

Will RJ continue his upward trend, will Randle respond to Hawks defense, or will the return of Hunter have huge impact?

Knicks have 5 ranked defense last so many games? ATL not guarding much of anybody?

Will Evan act like he?s facing BOS and be a factor? Mitch continue his assault, especially sans Capella? Or will Huerter, Bogdanowhater and Danilo G rain 3s from the rafters?

With a game vs CHA coming up on Mon, Knicks need to take care of business.

102-96 and move on!

mafra

Legend
One faction of Knicks personnel men wanted to trade back from No. 3 in a deal with Atlanta to have a chance at Reddish in the 2019 draft. Knicks general manager Scott Perry held firm and wanted Barrett, whom the team selected with that third pick.

It is worth noting that Perry, in his brief stay as the Kings? VP of basketball operations in 2017, selected De?Aaron Fox, out of Kentucky, with the fifth pick less than a month before taking the Knicks job. At the time, it wasn?t so much a no-brainer. There are persistent rumors Fox is available due to Tyrese Haliburton?s solidness.

The Mavericks still haven?t afforded former Villanova point guard Jalen Brunson a contract extension and he has made another leap this season. As The Post has reported multiple times, the Knicks have had Brunson on their radar.

The Knicks already contacted the Mavericks sometime in the past about Brunson, an NBA source said.

?They want him bad,?? the NBA source said.

The Knicks also reportedly contacted the Pistons, about on-the-block power forward Jerami Grant, and the Pacers, regarding stretch-big Myles Turner.

So says they not as sold on Randle as they were in Aug, and could trade RJ (they may view Cam the better player).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...e-means-every-move-is-on-table-of-knicks/amp/

Tonight the Hawks will be playing the second of a back-to-back, having lost to the Heat 124-118 yesterday. They have dropped four games in a row and nine straight at home.

Last edited:
Hey Gang,
I had plans to be at tonight game and try to talk with both Perry and L. Rose. Last time I was there they kept there distance from the Knicks fans hanging around the rail before game time. They probably would have me thrown out of the arena. It wouldn?t be pretty with me talking with them, lol.

Sorry but COVID protocols and weather are stopping me from attending.

Hey Gang,
I had plans to be at tonight game and try to talk with both Perry and L. Rose. Last time I was there they kept there distance from the Knicks fans hanging around the rail before game time. They probably would have me thrown out of the arena. It wouldn?t be pretty with me talking with them, lol.

Sorry but COVID protocols and weather are stopping me from attending.

Damn. I was looking forward to seeing you on TV as they toss you from the game. Maybe next time.

Chance to get over 0.500 tonight. Let?s not get cute. Stick with what works. Defense, rebounding, ball movement.

Damn. I was looking forward to seeing you on TV as they toss you from the game. Maybe next time.

Chance to get over 0.500 tonight. Let?s not get cute. Stick with what works. Defense, rebounding, ball movement.
LOL!!
Can you see it on Sport Center. A Knicks fan gave Perry and L. Rose a tongue lashing about the current state of the Knicks. Report say he raise hell with Perry about him tanking in the wrong season and his draft selection( to scare to mention RJ name).
I could get close to them last year while on the ATL.

Barred from State Farm arena?. Think I got something in common with OAK, LOL?

Go Hawks!!!

mafra

Legend
ATL guard beats Toppin to offensive rebound, and extra opportunity leads to a Gallo 3. Yikes.

Knicks up 31-28 after 1

RJ with 10-2-3 line in the first

Refs called 16 fouls in the first q.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .. The Hawks have no-Capela in the starter lineup, and no Lou Williams to lead their bench. A road win for the Knicks.
And Props to the Knicks Team-Ballin 2nd unit bench lineup Quickley, Burks, Obi, and Taj for helping our no-passing shoot-first starter lineup start looking to pass the ball for a win.

mafra

Legend
60-47?. Randle with 11 of last 13 NYK points. He already has 5 assists.

Finish the half, survive the third, finish.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 65 - Hawks 51
The Knicks scored 30 pts in both quarters ..
Obi Toppin received 7 min, and no shot attempts in the first half.

Thibs running a 8 and half rotation tonight

Important 2nd half for us. Big difference between going above 0.500 or blowing a double digit lead to go back below 0.500.

Definitely prefer Grimes on Trae Young instead of Quickley. Hawks whole offense is Trae Young, can?t let him go crazy.

mafra

Legend
A17 point lead cut to under 10, after 3.

Gallo with 12 and Obi+IQ have 3 combined. That?s pretty much why NY not up 30? ATL
Bench 28-18 vs NYK reserves.

mafra

Legend
After scoring 30 points in each of the first 2 Qs?. NY with 20 in third. Survived tho, bc ATL only with 26.

Now go finish!

For Pete?s sake, get it together. Show some composure. Our guys get hit with a little adversity on the court, like getting their shot blocked, and they don?t get back to play defense. C?mon. This is turning into a real choke job.

How many more times are we going to drive right into the teeth of their defense and get our shot blocked? How many more times are we not going to get up on their shooters?

mafra

Legend
Coming out of a TO, AB has a violation inbounding the ball. Awful.

Evan with a 3? all 5 have double figures?

96-91? French response!

Finish!!!!