NYK.gif
at.png
BOS.gif

(13-16) -- (14-15)

VenueTVTIME
TD Garden, Boston, MAMSG7:00 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! The Knicks 23-5 run to take a 3 pt lead at the start of the 3rd qtr. shows facts that RJ Barrett has been the biggest problem in the starter lineup !!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I saw some of the first half, and now am watching the game again. Looks like I missed a lot in a short period of time.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Thibs 8-Man rotation was to Tired down the stretch to pull off a Knicks win in Boston.
Good Game from Fournier (32 pts) and Kemba's return for 29 pts.
Kemba committed his 6th foul to stop the game for a injured Fournier ankle coming down on Smart's leg & foot.

Broadway

All Star
Thibs should be embarrassed

The fact COVID had to expose how bad the Kemba Walker situation has been handled, is telling

I said around the end of February beginning of March last yr we weren?t that good. Thibs is too lovestruck by vets and his former Bulls players(primarily Rose) and really coached with jerk tendencies. I believe the Rose relationship has plenty to do with how Kemba has been treated?I could be wrong but I?m sticking to my theory on it. We?re witnessing all the ill affects this yr from his coaching style. Yes we went off in April last yr but I believe it was more of an aberration than anything else

He clearly doesn?t want to coach young players and he picks and chooses when his principles apply to other players

I can?t think of any player who?s taken a leap this yr?maybe Obi(?). We?re not a fun team to watch, actually quite the contrary we?re very bland and boring with almost no identity

The only thing saving our team is the extreme mediocrity throughout the league specifically after the top 4-5 teams. I also mentioned last yr how poor the NBA product is, nothing has changed?it?s been this way probably the yr prior to the pandemic

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

The fact COVID had to expose how bad the Kemba Walker situation has been handled, is telling

I said around the end of February beginning of March last yr we weren?t that good. Thibs is too lovestruck by vets and his former Bulls players(primarily Rose) and really coached with jerk tendencies. I believe the Rose relationship has plenty to do with how Kemba has been treated?I could be wrong but I?m sticking to my theory on it. We?re witnessing all the ill affects this yr from his coaching style. Yes we went off in April last yr but I believe it was more of an aberration than anything else

He clearly doesn?t want to coach young players and he picks and chooses when his principles apply to other players

I can?t think of any player who?s taken a leap this yr?maybe Obi(?). We?re not a fun team to watch, actually quite the contrary we?re very bland and boring with almost no identity

The only thing saving our team is the extreme mediocrity throughout the league specifically after the top 4-5 teams. I also mentioned last yr how poor the NBA product is, nothing has changed?it?s been this way probably the yr prior to the pandemic
The team is fun to watch when the young guys plus Rose play. If it wasn't for this team being the Knicks I wouldn't even watch these games. I would just watch Rose highlights if I didn't know about Obi, Quickley, etc.

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't feel bad .. tonight game vs the Celtics finally had the short handed Knicks (poor) starter lineup start meshing together on offense/defense in the 2nd half of the game.
Kemba, Burks, Fournier, Randle, and Noel (RJ Barrett is not a NBA Starter!).
Hopefully, our young-core group are healthy to perform before Christmas to go on a long winning streak to get back to being above .500 .... The Knicks don?t play a team with a record above .500 until (next year) Jan 17. for what it?s worth.

mafra

Legend
We?ve seen Fournier play well vs BOS. Let?s see him do it against another NBA team.

Thankfully he missed last shot?. 25 bucks for me!

Every post ragging on RJ is getting kind of old. Blame him for Covid?

Its the 3rd qtr. and Kemba Walker has 27 pts !!!
We have to trade RJ Barrett asap

Broadway and Kiya... you guys as usual hit the nail on the head.

Your statements about the Walker situation when it comes to Thib's is very correct. I have said in the past "don't you know that players are talking" , "don't you know that other teams are talking". This is why no one wants to talk about the reason problems in this organization. When the word "Cancer" is mention you see head turn the other way. You see conversation shift to a different topic. The reason no Big Name Star is coming to Knicks is because of these situations. Just think Walker is well respected among his peers. So why treat him like this and this is his hometown. Now players are saying 'Boy, if the Knicks treat their Homey like this just think how they will treat me.

As you say this shine a big spotlight on Thib's as a coach!!

As for the last paragraph about the state of the league. You couldn't be more right. This is a league of 'Midget'. Where are the 'Big Men' that make the NBA different from all other sport? They turn the league in a '3 pt ' shooting league with no regard for what made the NBA so special. See short or average height people that don't understand what the league is and have been about it totally in the dark. They can Identify with guard shooting '3's' and think that exciting. When a guy a foot or so taller than them that is very strange. So here we are with a league fan base that loves shooting 3's and running with no regard for % or how the game looks.

Kiya... there are a lot of people eyes are opening up to the existent of RJ being a Knick. We over paid for a player who can't win a starting position. Who can't be out any member on his team for a position(let along starting). Who doesn't earn almost 40 plus minutes a game.
**If no one wanted him on draft night. Don't you know we are going to almost have to pay someone to take him. I thought about his hometown of Toronto but they are a lot smarter than that.