Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 8:00 pm 11/11/2016 [Game#8]

mafra

Legend
I miss the game but everyone i know that watch the game complain about the Tony Brothers ..
Personally, I think blaming refs is weak. 25 turnovers are not the refs' fault .. plus why didn't head coach Jeff Horn go off bout the officiating to get a fine n tossed like Melo.

Here is the petition if any of you are interested.
https://www.change.org/p/nba-get-the...ich-melo-plays

Carmelo Anthony told reporters that he believes there is "something going on" between he and referee Tony Brothers a day after the Knicks' star got two quick technicals Friday at Boston.
Anthony, in Toronto for Saturday's game against the Raptors, said he only said "a couple of bad words" to Brothers before being tossed with 4:44 left in the first half of the Celtics' 117-85 victory.
Anthony's wife La La took to Twitter Friday to say "it's personal" between her husband and Brothers. Carmelo Anthony said he didn't speak to the referee afterward because he didn't want to "make the situation worse than what it was."
Anthony had an argument with Brothers in Detroit last week. Brothers was also the referee when he and Kevin Garnett went at it in the "Honey Nut Cheerios'' game in 2014 with Brothers not intevening.
"I don't even know the last time I've been ejected from a game of basketball,'' said Anthony, whose previous ejection was four years ago. "I don't even know what that feels like. Being on the road playing in a game of that stature, to be kicked out of the game for what reason? Because of a couple of bad words?''
Anthony jumped on Amir Johnson going for a loose ball. Anthony argued to pick up the first T, then Brothers walked away and Anthony followed.
Brothers' Wikipedia page was edited Saturday to read that he "is an American professional referee, and profesional [sic] Melo Hater who works in the National Basketball Association (NBA) since the 1994-1995 season."
[h=6]Tags: Carmelo Anthony[/h]
0 comments

dk7th

Benchwarmer
Q1-- there was no discernible offense. as hornacek has noted, "there's difference between 'making shots' and 'executing the offense'." you will lose the war almost every time by *winning* battles this way. this is carmelo anthony's fatal flaw. rose is a putrid defender. one entry pass he made was horrible too, and he took 3 bad shots, ending up 1-4. hernangomez always has floor impact, but holiday just doesn't-- scoring alone won't get it done. hernangomez needs to play 24 minutes a game, holiday no more than 10. those minutes should be for kuzminskas instead, who also has floor impact. kp6 is rushing some shots and that runner he took is just not a good shot for him. he needs to have his feet set.

Q2-- kuzminskas with floor impact. good ballhandler and great chemistry two-man game with he and willy. anthony once again lacking the poise of a champion. stfu and play ball! rose again torpedoing the offense by trying to go coast to coast, then with a crappy floater. why do that when melo has just been thrown out? stupid, stupid play. and then a turnover by rose. these sorts of sequences are why rose is a stealth team chemistry destroyer and why his usage is too high and assist rate too low. some players will never learn and remain negative-sum players. his dish to thomas for three he leaves his feet. dangerous pass that worked out. he did have one great drive though, but just one great drive against several stupid ones is just not going to cut it. the communication on defense team wide is just not there either. and as with the 1st quarter, there is no discernible offense, just a lot of iso melo and rose's stupid and reckless drives and passes. just fugly basketball.

Q3--boston's thomas exposing rose's putrid defense. bradley is so good-- too quick for lee, who is supposed to be a good defender. i don't know. another bad shot by rose. that's 5 already. and i don't recall seeing a single solitary play where rose is working with kp6. inexcusable! they run the triangle for the first time all game where kp6 gets doubled in the post, makes the right pass to rose, and rose drains a three. and then a horrid drive where he ignore's kp6. and then a frustration moving pick foul off an out of bounds play, essentially a rose turnover. sickening. where's kuzminskas and hernangomez, hornacek??? lee not earning his contract at all. the play before the knicks timeout holiday did not get back after bricking. inexcusable. rose out, kuz in, kp6 scores. smart literally pushes kp6 in midair and a no-call. then a terrible long three by kp6. he takes too many of those this year. i count 2 or 3 of those so far. melo and rose are bad influences on him. rose turns the ball over again-- that's 5 and that combined with his terrible shot selection/selfishness spells stealth losing for his team. he has absolutely sucked this game. still no discernible offense or cohesion.

Q4-- rose starts the Q with a turnover. that's 6 ha ha. and another low- percentage shot by rose, followed by a crap hog-ball by jennings. game over. way to go guys. way to step up in carmelo's absence. one can only imagine a blowout of 30 points if crowder and horford were there. horrible holiday turnover leads to a basket. "ho-hum holiday" new nickname. baker sighting. great d on smart. rose calls his own number in garbage time instead of trying to run something. classy.

conclusions: rose's defense is just horrible, and he did nothing on the offensive end to make up for it. in fact, 3-10fga, 6 assists and 7 turnovers, usage above 25%. people who say kp6 is not ready to step up, well it would help if rose actually played the game *with* others, especially kp6. just a dumb dumb dumb player.