Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 8:00 pm 11/11/2016 [Game#8]

mafra

Legend
Knicks are 3 for 18 trying to convert second chance points tomoght. Wow. That plus the turnovers and the refs is the story.

and1

Rotation player
hopefully our knicks come out with a purpose tomorrow night and put up a good game.
anybody want to bet we see brothers again on christmas when we see boston again?

mafra

Legend
KP 5 for 15
Lee with 1 point.

To think NYK was blown out, trailed wire to wire, and BOS was without Horford and Crowder just shows you how far we have to go.

We are now losers of 5 of our first 8 games, and a loss tomorrow to TOR will bury this team (digging a hole we may never climb back out of). 3-6 is just the start. We are in the midst of 5 games in 7 days.

Gonna be really interesting to see how we respond. Right now, playoffs doesn't seem likely.

mafra

Legend
15-17
34-43

FT disparity continues.... no team in the NBA will win on the road when refs toss their beat player and call the game this way.

This is why we get so angry when melo doesn't get calls at MSG.
Brown and rozier shot 8 FTs each.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn has to go with that Euro unit this game. Willie and Kuz first guys off the bench. Got to take this game with Al and Crowder out. Knicks with a W and their biggest margin of victory tonight.
So much for my prediction. Worst game the Knicks played all season, TOs, techs, sending the Celts to the line 43 times, shot 35% and 2 ejections. Celts were w/o 2 key players, Knicks should be embarrassed. I want to see what Horn says about this game.

mafra

Legend
Knicks had 25 turnovers. Got nothing from Lee and little from KP.... not like we deserved to win this regardless of the officials.... but since Melo was on pass for 30+.... no telling what might have been.

mafra

Legend
31, 30, 25, 29 points a quarter. Defense didn't exist.

This was the 3-point comparison:

6-23 (NY)
11-27 (BOS)

But, I think BOS only hit 1 three in the second half.

and1

Rotation player
15-17
34-43

FT disparity continues.... no team in the NBA will win on the road when refs toss their beat player and call the game this way.

This is why we get so angry when melo doesn't get calls at MSG.
Brown and rozier shot 8 FTs each.

this is true. but the knicks have to get it through their heads once and for all that this is not going to change. and of course wally is apologizing for the refs on the post game. hahaaaa i love being a knicks fan. i really do.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks had 25 turnovers. Got nothing from Lee and little from KP.... not like we deserved to win this regardless of the officials.... but since Melo was on pass for 30+.... no telling what might have been.
Some of those TOs were pathetic. High schoolers make better passes.

tiger0330

Legend
Wally gave the game ball to Willy. Only good thing about this game is Willy solidified his 1st big man off the bench role.

Horn looking out for his wallet. not commenting about the refs. Horn did say the calls aren't going to go your way some nights so you have to adjust. You can't lose your cool like the Knicks did tonight.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
No one wanted to shell out 25K to the NBA. Reporter asked Noah if he deserved his Tech and he replied "Very Well Deserved".

:)

mafra

Legend
No one wanted to shell out 25K to the NBA. Reporter asked Noah if he deserved his Tech and he replied "Very Well Deserved".

:)

Anthony bolted the locker room without talking to the media after the game, but his wife La La replied on Twitter to a mention about Brothers and her husband by tweeting “(Brothers) hates Mel. It’s personal. Always has.”

“Bad language,” Brothers twice told a pool reporter twice when asked about each technical foul. “He dove on top of (Johnson). You can’t dive on top of a player to go after a ball. That’s a foul.”
Asked later if he has “a history” with Anthony,” Brothers simply answered “No.” But Anthony and Brothers did also jaw with each other during a game last week in Detroit.
“The second (technical), I didn’t think it was coming at all. I didn’t think he deserved it,” Rose said of Anthony. “He was still talking in a low, low voice. I didn’t get it, but I guess they have a history or something and he was tired of it or something.
“But it comes with learning each other, and the next time I see him get one, I just got to run over there and diffuse it right away.”
(NY Daily News)

no way you call 2 technicals on a guy the same argument unless he is chest bumping or yelling or doing something obviously over the top. To toss the team's best player, who had 12 in the first quarter, is downright bush league. I'm glad an NBA ref supervisor was in the crowd to see this. If Brothers isn't professional enough to put personal issues aside then he can't work NYK games - and he should be suspended a game himself.

paris401

Starter
believe it or not we can still win this game. .

not sure when u posted... I was flickin between diff channels, n in the 3rd I think at one point we were down by 12,then 10, then 8... , said 'self', boston aint that good, we can win this game .. again flicked, when I came back to msg a few min later we were down by 25.. holy-$hit.. and this boston team and all their high 1st rounders aint that good.. guess we aint so good either....

and1

Rotation player
Anthony bolted the locker room without talking to the media after the game, but his wife La La replied on Twitter to a mention about Brothers and her husband by tweeting “(Brothers) hates Mel. It’s personal. Always has.”

“Bad language,” Brothers twice told a pool reporter twice when asked about each technical foul. “He dove on top of (Johnson). You can’t dive on top of a player to go after a ball. That’s a foul.”
Asked later if he has “a history” with Anthony,” Brothers simply answered “No.” But Anthony and Brothers did also jaw with each other during a game last week in Detroit.
“The second (technical), I didn’t think it was coming at all. I didn’t think he deserved it,” Rose said of Anthony. “He was still talking in a low, low voice. I didn’t get it, but I guess they have a history or something and he was tired of it or something.
“But it comes with learning each other, and the next time I see him get one, I just got to run over there and diffuse it right away.”
(NY Daily News)

no way you call 2 technicals on a guy the same argument unless he is chest bumping or yelling or doing something obviously over the top. To toss the team's best player, who had 12 in the first quarter, is downright bush league. I'm glad an NBA ref supervisor was in the crowd to see this. If Brothers isn't professional enough to put personal issues aside then he can't work NYK games - and he should be suspended a game himself.

agreed. but nothing will probably be done about it. on top of that i am willing to bet that brothers will be officiating the christmas day game as well. what really got on my nerves was wally apologizing for the refs during the post game. heck, even clyde was complaining about it during the game. and clyde hardly ever does that. he's usually quick to put it all on the players themselves, and even he made some mention of it.

and1

Rotation player
not sure when u posted... I was flickin between diff channels, n in the 3rd I think at one point we were down by 12,then 10, then 8... , said 'self', boston aint that good, we can win this game .. again flicked, when I came back to msg a few min later we were down by 25.. holy-$hit.. and this boston team and all their high 1st rounders aint that good.. guess we aint so good either....

not sure i remember exactly when. it was probably during half time or at some point in the 3rd quarter before things got totally out of control. probably before olynyk did NOT get called for travel and/or before they called held ball instead of ruling bradley out of bounds. by that point i knew the only chance we had was if we started shooting 100%. and we all know that never happens.

mafra

Legend
not sure i remember exactly when. it was probably during half time or at some point in the 3rd quarter before things got totally out of control. probably before olynyk did NOT get called for travel and/or before they called held ball instead of ruling bradley out of bounds. by that point i knew the only chance we had was if we started shooting 100%. and we all know that never happens.

When Melo was ejected it was game over. In essence, Brothers basically said "screw you Melo,
here's a loss" when the ref had his feelings hurt bc Melo whispered mean things in his vicinity. Brothers was vindictive and spiteful and their prior baggage was the biggest factor last night.

Consider that at one point, there was a 24-4 FT disparity favoring BOS... And, that doesn't even tell the whole story.... Boston came out physical, bullying NYK, they were the team defending "on the edge", clutching and grabbing, pushing and shoving.

Anybody would lose their cool if you have bad blood with a ref before the game starts, then during the game any time you touch the other team they blow the whistle and then when you have the ball it's basically Aussie rugby rules apply.

With that said, I'm not happy with the way we handled things. It showed emotional immaturity. When Melo went out, I expected more from KP, Rose and Lee.... I wanted to see more from our backup Euro lineup.... And Inwas disappointed Horn didn't set a precedent and simple pull his team from the floor at some point in the fourth and walk to the locker room. Doing something dramatic like that is the only way to send a message that NYK as an org is tired of the BS. It's like I say every year, with Melo on the team we play 82 road games. Our star never gets home calls... bc of his physical nature, refs allow way more contact then they would allow for Guards, but it's all subjective and they deem most contact on melo as incidental.

What we saw last time was a ref crew that was determined to stick it to melo. It was a shame too bc bos had no answer for CA and Melo might have scored 40.

Again, I repeat, if 1 pitcher has a strike zone the size of the ocean while the other pitcher has to hit a target the size of a flea.... it's gonna be a long night. How this team plays tonight will tell us a lot about their character, toughness, and emotional maturity.

Kiyaman

Legend
I miss the game but everyone i know that watch the game complain about the Tony Brothers ..
Personally, I think blaming refs is weak. 25 turnovers are not the refs' fault .. plus why didn't head coach Jeff Horn go off bout the officiating to get a fine n tossed like Melo.

Here is the petition if any of you are interested.
https://www.change.org/p/nba-get-the...ich-melo-plays