Game thread: New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets 11/30/2021 7:30pm [Game #21]

tiger0330

Legend
Nets went to KD who took it to the rim hard and got fouled, he makes the FTs to give them a 3 pt lead. Must make a 3 to tie.

tiger0330

Legend
Mrob fouls JJ and he makes the freebies with 2 secs left. Knicks go down on EF prayer 3 pointer from half court.

Great game despite the loss. I'd say first take on the the new lineup without Kemba was positive. RJ left the game early with a non covid illness and may have made a difference.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Game .. We Gonna win the next one .. Although I seen a Knicks win tonight, but Harden & Durant combining for 61 pts keeping the Nets in the game going all the way down the stretch for a 112 110 ending.

mafra

Legend
For those that rag on Randle?. Tonight showed why he?s the best option we have. Until we find something better, we live and die with Randle?

Knicks on verge of being blown out in third Q? came right back and basically fought the Nets wire to wire. Tonight shows that Nets nowhere near an NBA title?

Nets win bc of refs: how they called a foul and sent Johnson to FT line to decide game was disappointing?. A great game should?ve been decided on the court? not by 2 free shots awarded to BKLN by zebra with 2.2 seconds left in a tie game. Awful call.

11-12
22-25

FT disparity.... KD and Harden 18-19. Randle shot 2!!!!

Knicks almost had it but refs swayed outcome. Why else call that foul with 2 seconds?

mafra

Legend
Mrob fouls JJ and he makes the freebies with 2 secs left. Knicks go down on EF prayer 3 pointer from half court.

Great game despite the loss. I'd say first take on the the new lineup without Kemba was positive. RJ left the game early with a non covid illness and may have made a difference.

Yeah, without RJ?s defense? Nets started third Q on a 14-0 run!

Did Mitch foul him? Hard to tell listening to radio. Sounded like Nets missed **** and a loose ball foul foul for rebound? Tough way to decide a great game. But NBA needs Nets so you can?t blame them helping Nets out.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! Tonight Knicks vs Brooklyn was a dynamic close game where any of the teams could've WON!

O.K who u got ur money on in the West tonight ???
The 16 winning streak Suns (17-3 Record)?
Or the 7 win streak GS Warriors (18-2 Record)

mafra

Legend
Let?s remember a terrible Randle technical awarded Nets a free point late? so they only have themselves to blame?

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, without RJ?s defense? Nets started third Q on a 14-0 run!

Did Mitch foul him? Hard to tell listening to radio. Sounded like Nets missed **** and a loose ball foul foul for rebound? Tough way to decide a great game. But NBA needs Nets so you can?t blame them helping Nets out.
I think the foul was questionable despite Reggie saying MRob didn?t stay vertical and swiped down. Thought MRob stayed vertical and made slight contact with JJ on his motion to the hoop but it wasn?t one of those MRob goes up to block the shot and hits JJ on the body.

tiger0330

Legend
Damn! Tonight Knicks vs Brooklyn was a dynamic close game where any of the teams could've WON!

O.K who u got ur money on in the West tonight ???
The 16 winning streak Suns (17-3 Record)?
Or the 7 win streak GS Warriors (18-2 Record)
Going with the Suns at home and their big man advantage with Ayton and Magee. Warriors have the early lead.

Does everyone see how much better this team is without RJ in the lineup. It's not just Walker that was and is a problem.

For all of you that think RJ plays defense. If he had been there for the 3 quarter this game would have been a blowout. Burks, Rose and Randle kept the game close. Didn't like Randle handling the ball and cause a few turnovers.

Running a 3 PG offense might be something they may want to stay with. However this will not solve the growing other problems. This team isn't that good and this is the best you can hope for like tonight. A lot moral victories but no WINS!!

mafra

Legend
I heard JJ initiated the contact. And that?s been a point of emphasis this year, as NBA attempts to officiate that out of the game. Yet? they award JJ FTs? BUSH!

Especially since he received as many as Randle did all game! 2!

Suns (my Money on tonight? GSW in June).

tiger0330

Legend
Going with the Suns at home and their big man advantage with Ayton and Magee. Warriors have the early lead.

I heard JJ initiated the contact. And that?s been a point of emphasis this year, as NBA attempts to officiate that out of the game. Yet? they award JJ FTs? BUSH!

Suns got outrebounded by 16 but Ayton had a big game with a 24 pt double double. Suns won because Steph went 4-21. Nights like this they need the other Splash Brother.

KingCharles34

All Star

I kind of thought he flung himself into Mitch and Mitch got him on the arm he wasnt even shooting with but it looked like an unnatural attempt. Bad call in my opinion and i thought the refs showed a bias against us through out the game

With that being said we still had opportunities. But im not mad about the loss. The past 2 games this team has looked more like last years team and that means more then anything else. We keep playing hard like this we'll be an above .500 team instead of hovering right around that mark

The team is enjoyable to watch again so if nothing else im thankful for that

Kiyaman

Legend
Suns got outrebounded by 16 but Ayton had a big game with a 24 pt double double. Suns won because Steph went 4-21. Nights like this they need the other Splash Brother.

The Suns won (without Booker) from Chris Paul team-ball movement, plus the Suns played a dynamic-defense on the Warriors in the 2nd half by sticking to their man tight as glue thru picks n screens which broke-up a lot of GSW many half-court offensive plays, which forced Curry to have a 4-21 shooting night.
Player/coach Chris Paul Leadership are still MVP !!!

The offensive ball-movement from both teams was way above our Knicks level of performance, plus the several scoring plays both teams displayed were great, and way over Thibs & Randle head ..
We could only dream, coach Thibs, and coaching staff were as creative for the Knicks.

rady

Administrator
Staff member

Looks like the NBA reviewed the calls on the last two minutes and argued that the call on Robinson was correct. However, there were two other calls wrongfully called against the Knicks earlier.

The NBA?s last two-minute report revealed two missed calls, but the whistle that determined the game against the Nets ? Mitchell Robinson?s foul on James Johnson with 2.2 seconds left ? wasn?t one of them.

The league ruled the foul was called correctly, but there were two mistakes ? both that went against the Knicks. The NBA said there should?ve been a foul called on James Harden when he made contact with Julius Randle?s arm with 1:49 remaining on a jump shot. A frustrated Randle was later given a technical foul after arguing with the officials. Additionally, on the play that Johnson was fouled by Robinson, LaMarcus Aldridge should?ve been called for a three-second violation.
https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/nba-admits-knicks-were-victim-of-two-bad-calls-vs-nets/

I like Randle but he wants all of the calls. What is with Randle... You are constantly dropping your right shoulder on defender pushing them to create space for your jump fall away jumper or diving into them on a move to basket. Randle... This is Basketball not NFL!!
If you don't like contact then don't create IT!! When you are playing away from home don't expect to get homecooking. That is why you don't want homecooking at home. If you don't get it then you keep playing no matter what and make your adjustments.
Randle wants to be a leader and he tries very hard to do so... But it isn't in his DNA. Now under Knicks current state... Yeah he is alright to be a leader. But we aren't going anywhere with him as a leader. So stop whining and play the kind of ball you are dishing out.

As for everybody that think the FT were out of line. Ok, when they are out line for US then make the same noise... THAT FAIR!!