Game thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets 11/12/2021 7:00pm [Game #13]

metrocard

Legend
After sleeping on the Friday night Knicks game, I want to FIRE coach Thibs! Trade Randle! And give Leon Rose & Perry a two week notice.

Too early, Thibs should be given until 2023 before we considered him fired. NBA coaches get fired too quickly, what do we really expect from the Knicks when no one on their team is a top 15 player?

When we get top 5, top 10 players on this team Thibs is failing to lead them to the promise land, then it's understandable.

This is a fairly new roster with almost half of the roster not even having a 1 year tenure with the Knicks. Coaches should be given 3-5 years before dumping them. Thibs hasn't been that bad. He's giving the bench the load to encourage the starters to play harder. He isn't perfect but he's an upgrade over what we had.

Kemba Walker isn't a problem because we have him here for a discount. for 8 million, we have a PG who's shooting 43% from 3pt and averaging 1.4 turnovers per game with 1.2 steals per game. No he isn't a lockdown defender but when has he ever been. That's like developing frustration for Robinson not hitting 3's. There's not 5"11 PG that plays defense expect Fred Van Fleet and he gets burned alot too.

Having Walker on the floor makes the game easier for Robinson. Adding Grant addresses our defensive issues without stopping the offense. Grant doesnt't turn the ball over and would be in a better role like he was in Denver when they were in the WCF. Denver looked better with Grant than without him. Imagine having Grant as a 5th option. In Detroit he's #1 option because 80% of their team are rookies/2nd year players.

Walker is part of a larger overall problem. As for the discount?? Maybe you never gamble. There a saying 'that all money ain't good money'!! You have a PG that nobody wanted... Do I need to say it again. If he was a lockdown defender you don't sign him unless you are playing zone the whole season. What about the other liabilities on defense? That is a Thib's trademark remember.
By talking about Robinson taking 3's is just another problem. How can a team coaching staff keep him on the floor and never run a play for him to shot a jumper? That is mine blowing. They suppose to be helping him.

"There's not 5"11 PG that plays defense expect Fred Van Fleet and he gets burned alot too".... Well we had a 6'5" PG that played pretty damn good defensively.

"Having Walker on the floor makes the game easier for Robinson"... MRob has only put the ball on the floor a few time so how was it for him? Walker signing was to open up floor supposely for Randle and RJ. Question why doesn't Randle and RJ need someone to open the floor for them? Never understood that because the should be able to create their own shot, huh. Now unless they play the same kind of game and that would lead to this question. Why in the hell did you sign Randle if you drafted RJ? Same Game!!

Grant plays SF or PF so how does Fournier play into this because he is the SG? So moving RJ would make more sense than sitting Grant on the bench behind RJ, huh? Don't paint yourself into a corner and can't get out. Knowing that Grant was an SF but check it out before I said so. Need to rethink that scenario? Wouldn't you better with Fournier and Grant on the floor than Grant and RJ? Fournier is quicker and more explosive than RJ. Again need to rethink this??

Too early, Thibs should be given until 2023 before we considered him fired. NBA coaches get fired too quickly, what do we really expect from the Knicks when no one on their team is a top 15 player?

When we get top 5, top 10 players on this team Thibs is failing to lead them to the promise land, then it's understandable.

This is a fairly new roster with almost half of the roster not even having a 1 year tenure with the Knicks. Coaches should be given 3-5 years before dumping them. Thibs hasn't been that bad. He's giving the bench the load to encourage the starters to play harder. He isn't perfect but he's an upgrade over what we had.

Didn't Thib's have KAT at Minny or am I mistaken?? Did he lead them to the promise land or to the door of the promise land... And God said he couldn't cross over because he was a horrible coach? Am I getting him mix-up with someone else??

"This is a fairly new roster".... There are two new player that are starting and the other don't get off the bench so how is it a new roster? Horny was given 2 years, Fiz was given 1 1/2, Miller was given a 1/2. Thib's got 3-5 at Minny and what did he do? Thib's haven't been that GOOD. When did the bench get the load minutes over the starters?? Thib's is an old coach that can only take us to playoff MAYBE. Time to cut bait, huh!

Cooking the books again, huh!!

tiger0330

Legend
We would be better if we picked up Derozan in free agency instead of EF. Watching one the Bulls game, one of the announcers said ?Who said he was done? when he made a burst to the basket. Had my questions about the guy at 31 and was wondering if he lost a step or would he be worth it in the 3rd year of his contract, I?ll say he hasn?t lost anything by the looks of the way the Bulls are playing.