Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls 8:00pm 1/1/2016

mafra

Legend
Bullies close on a 31-8 run pitiful this team is going nowhere:(

8 points in the 4th... Hello coach. Do something. This is a 50 loss team... Good enough to beat the bad teams... Can't beat good teams. Unfortunately... There's only a few teams worse than us for us to find wins. Our guys like strippers and strip clubs... They don't want to win badly enough and obviously losing doesn't piss them off. We can only hope we trade half the team in the next 6 weeks. Affalo and Lopez and Calderon have to go.

tiger0330

Legend
It was obvious NYK would've been extremely lucky to go 3-7 in this 10 game stretch... You hoped we could beat DET or win that first game... Take 1/3 vs ATL... But we weren't winning much else (especially with 7 on the road during the Holidays)... Not surprised at all...

Let's see how they respond after this 1-9 or 2-8 stretch... Do they take care of biz for a stretch before they run into their next rough patch?
It was just put up or shut up time in this stretch of games, go at least .500 and prove that you deserved to be in the talk about the playoffs.
Not sure you can say that about the Knicks now and I don't want to hear any crap from Fisher about the goal not just being a .500 team but wanting to do something special.

Its obvious the Knicks have to do something personnel wise, makes no sense to tank but Jimmer to save the day, I don't think so and I'm not in love with Wroten with him recovering from ACL surgery. Let's see what the brain trust comes up with.

mafra

Legend
It was just put up or shut up time in this stretch of games, go at least .500 and prove that you deserved to be in the talk about the playoffs.
Not sure you can say that about the Knicks now and I don't want to hear any crap from Fisher about the goal not just being a .500 team but wanting to do something special.

Its obvious the Knicks have to do something personnel wise, makes no sense to tank but Jimmer to save the day, I don't think so and I'm not in love with Wroten with him recovering from ACL surgery. Let's see what the brain trust comes up with.

Amen. Too bad we didn't trade for ISH. Yeah... We sunk like a rock in water... The goal now is to try and win 30 games and hope our draft pick is in the 10-15 range... Clearly... We are a bottom feeder. This is exactly why I say try anything... MIa was bad but found Whiteside and dealt for Dragic.
JAX and Fisher have until this time next year or else Dolan has to fire them...
If we aren't 10 games above .500 by 1/2017... Both those tools have got to go.

So... Deal anything and everything to improve this team. PORZ is the only untouchable.

Broadway

All Star
Amen. Too bad we didn't trade for ISH. Yeah... We sunk like a rock in water... The goal now is to try and win 30 games and hope our draft pick is in the 10-15 range... Clearly... We are a bottom feeder. This is exactly why I say try anything... MIa was bad but found Whiteside and dealt for Dragic.
JAX and Fisher have until this time next year or else Dolan has to fire them...
If we aren't 10 games above .500 by 1/2017... Both those tools have got to go.

So... Deal anything and everything to improve this team. PORZ is the only untouchable.

Picking up cheap talent that could possibly break out is the responsibility of the GM-Pres. Fisher is not only doing a terrible job overall he's not even getting uptrending productivity out his young players. Grant is really such a mismanaged asset, Early was such a distant afterthought he almost managed to get himself # into the #BlackLivesMatter movement by getting shot up in a club. Really an overall bad mix between these 2 clowns.

The Knicks need to run their franchise like an actual standard business by doing their actual homework to bring in bright fresh minds. Stop namesaking, operating with nepotism, sentimental, looking for heroes. No more paycheck hoes coming to this franchise.

Last edited:

knicksin60

Starter
I rarely vent, but I really hate the 2015-16 Knicks more than any other Knicks team in their seventy year existence. This game proves that the NY Liberty have greater testicular fortitude than this Knicks roster. The fact that this team had an opportunity to win a game that they were leading late in but decide to drink estrogen pills with a little less than 18 minutes left should cause Phil Jackson to call these losers out. I'm tired of Derek Fisher, Arron Afflalo, Robin Lopez and the majority of the roster.

It really sucks how we root for one of the few teams in the NBA who have to go 10 years of being miserable before they become respectable. I know this sounds extreme but aside from the crime, poverty, social-economic corruption and police brutality, the Knicks have been one of the most embarrassing things about the city of NY during the Dolan regime. Knicks fans deserve a lot better than the crap that is put out there almost every night.

mafra

Legend
I rarely vent, but I really hate the 2015-16 Knicks more than any other Knicks team in their seventy year existence. This game proves that the NY Liberty have greater testicular fortitude than this Knicks roster. The fact that this team had an opportunity to win a game that they were leading late in but decide to drink estrogen pills with a little less than 18 minutes left should cause Phil Jackson to call these losers out. I'm tired of Derek Fisher, Arron Afflalo, Robin Lopez and the majority of the roster.

It really sucks how we root for one of the few teams in the NBA who have to go 10 years of being miserable before they become respectable. I know this sounds extreme but aside from the crime, poverty, social-economic corruption and police brutality, the Knicks have been one of the most embarrassing things about the city of NY during the Dolan regime. Knicks fans deserve a lot better than the crap that is put out there almost every night.

To think of what a 70's NYK fan was given... With that team, the HIGH BBall IQ, Walt and Earl... Man... To realize I was robbed of that bc I was born in 1974.... And had to witness 1979-2016 of woe and misery... Let's face it... Even those 90's teams were tough to watch (most often) bc scoring points was like pulling teeth. Hey Chalres Smith... Dunk it... Hey Starks... Pass it!!! At least they battled and had balls tho!

If Phil can't trade Affalo, Calderon-Lopez then he should be fired... Fisher should be let go tomorrow. This team will lose another 1k games before he is successful instilling a winning mentality. Enough of this TM new age crap.

Anyway... I think we need to do anything and everything we can to find a young guard to match with PORZ... Let's see what this org does from now until trade deadline...

Maybe we get a gift and Melo is dealt for Kyrie.

mafra

Legend
(NY Post)

"The Knicks scored eight points in the final period, the lowest output in a fourth quarter in franchise history dating to 1946 in being outscored 31-8. Happy New Year, Derek Fisher.

?They just kicked our [butt] in the end,?? rookie Kristaps Porzingis said.

Fisher questioned the team?s fight when things went south late.

?We don?t want to be front-runners ? guys who can play hard when things are going well,?? Fisher said. ?We don?t want to be a team when it starts to rain a little bit, we give in. I thought we gave in a little bit there in the fourth quarter.

?We had shots that didn?t go in in the fourth quarter, and I thought we got discouraged and the energy turned around the other way and it snowballed from there. There should?ve been enough left in the tank."

knicksin60

Starter
To think of what a 70's NYK fan was given... With that team, the HIGH BBall IQ, Walt and Earl... Man... To realize I was robbed of that bc I was born in 1974.... And had to witness 1979-2016 of woe and misery... Let's face it... Even those 90's teams were tough to watch (most often) bc scoring points was like pulling teeth. Hey Chalres Smith... Dunk it... Hey Starks... Pass it!!! At least they battled and had balls tho!

If Phil can't trade Affalo, Calderon-Lopez then he should be fired... Fisher should be let go tomorrow. This team will lose another 1k games before he is successful instilling a winning mentality. Enough of this TM new age crap.

Anyway... I think we need to do anything and everything we can to find a young guard to match with PORZ... Let's see what this org does from now until trade deadline...

Maybe we get a gift and Melo is dealt for Kyrie.

+28. Fisher needs to go immediately. One of the worst coaches I've seen in my lifetime as a Knicks fan. We would be a .500 team without him. The man has no business being in the position that he is in. It makes no sense that he is allowed to continue his job when he hasn't proven that he could successfully coach at the NBA level.

As for Melo, we aren't going to contend with him as the main go to guy.I think it would be a benefit for him and for the Knicks if they parted ways. Melo can go to a team like Miami or Cleveland that will give him an opportunity to win a ring right before he reaches the twilight of his career. It would be nice if we could acquire a younger and cheaper player who could compliment Porzingis in the years to come.

mafra

Legend
Matt Barnes New Years Message (about Derek Fisher):

"Last BUT NOT LEAST... Being stuck in the ?triangle offense? w my ex & snitch, I mean former teammate & friend.. Who went behind my back, messed w my ex, got caught, got dealt w for being a snake, then ran & told the Police & NBA.. Instead of taken that a-- whoopin like a man & kept it moving,? Barnes wrote in his post."

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
".Porzingis has hit the dreaded "rookie wall"."

its not a rookie wall... its the 'wall of brothers'... he aint playing in the euro league where he can get to his spot... he's now in the nba... guys are a 'little' bit stronger, and they are pounding on him every nite...

tiger0330

Legend
its not a rookie wall... its the 'wall of brothers'... he aint playing in the euro league where he can get to his spot... he's now in the nba... guys are a 'little' bit stronger, and they are pounding on him every nite...
lol "Wall of Brothers" meaning he's no longer playing with Caucasian European players but the best African-American players in the NBA now.

Too early for the rookie wall, like you say the NBA has caught up with him which he even expected when he said he expected teams would adjust because no one wants to get dunked on.

I still like the kid even with his inconsistencies esp the kid's character, coaches praise his work ethic and I posted that the kid would probably be found at the Westchester practice facility at 11pm than in some night club like some of his teammates.

He's the best draft pick since Patrick Ewing for the Knicks and I haven't said that about any of the picks in 20 years.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
That 1st qtr was a bust, weren't playing good D or hitting shots.

Our first quarter vs Bulls, Heat, and Hawks show we have a BUST starter lineup ..
Our PG-Calderon, our SG-Afflalo, and our PF-KP are not NBA starters on any team in the league.

Last night the 4-20 start in the first 6 minute of the Knicks vs Bulls game were a national EMBARRASSMENT, then the 8-31 forth-quarter without the Bulls top defense/offense players Noah n Rose had me thinking we Knicks were the 3-34 record Philly 76ers ....

This is a New Year! Our starter PG should be Galloway, our starter SG should be Lance, our starter PF should be O'Quinn alongside of Rolo n Melo.
Players Calderon, Afflalo, D.Will, Serafin, and KP should be coming off the bench as a 2nd unit lineup.

Last night Knicks Game was BULLSHIIIIT !!!!!

pat

Starter
I still like the kid even with his inconsistencies esp the kid's character, coaches praise his work ethic and I posted that the kid would probably be found at the Westchester practice facility at 11pm than in some night club like some of his teammates.
This +1
I don't think it is any kind of wall whatsoever. He is a young intelligent, diligent yet inconsistent player . He needs time and a chance to play through a tough stretch. He is mentally strong and will come out of this slump alright. Not having him on the floor come crunch time is silly because most we can expect this year is KP and Grant developing. I could understand limiting their minutes if we had a sniff at the playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
This +1
I don't think it is any kind of wall whatsoever. He is a young intelligent, diligent yet inconsistent player . He needs time and a chance to play through a tough stretch. He is mentally strong and will come out of this slump alright. Not having him on the floor come crunch time is silly because most we can expect this year is KP and Grant developing. I could understand limiting their minutes if we had a sniff at the playoffs.
Good point and that's the answer to my question on why the Bulls were taking their time to develop Portis despite his great summer league and his limited time in the regular season. When you have Noah, Gasol, Dunleavy, and Taj you're going with them before a rookie when you have something to play for.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good point and that's the answer to my question on why the Bulls were taking their time to develop Portis despite his great summer league and his limited time in the regular season. When you have Noah, Gasol, Dunleavy, and Taj you're going with them before a rookie when you have something to play for.

I couldn't have said it better .. Portis development is coming along great in his rookie season, the same as the Bulls previous year rookie McDermott by practicing daily with their top veterans .. Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Butler. Working with that group of athletic big veterans does out way whatever Rambis n Fisher is coaching KP .. KP is to RAW to be a starter or finisher in the NBA