Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 8:00 pm 2/23/2017 [Game#58]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Watching on DVR but man how can you win like this? You give up 34 points in the 1st quarter and 69 points by halftime???? Cmon man that's just awful. Now we know why they chased Horn out of Phoenix because he can't or won't coach and demand his guys play defense. It's like Damphony all over again. Um um um:(

mafra

Legend
This team refuses to play defense.... there is hardly any movement and passing on offense.

CLE raining 3s and NYK missing layups. This is hilarrious. 24 more Ls baby!!! Come on guys.... you can do this.... get us a top 8 pick!

mafra

Legend
there's no way we're going to get any game-changing free agents this summer, not after the typical self-sabotaging type of dramatics displayed by our executive geniuses.
i WOULD say that hopefully we draft some exciting players who'd love to make MSG their home, BUT... we all know that no matter how good they are, they will be ruined by the toxic culture and flat out shady shenanigans established and well-oiled by the ultra-suspicious knicks organization. i've said it before and i'll say it again: wanna know how many games the knicks will win next year, no matter who they get? wait and see what vegas predicts. therein will be your answer.

Clippers believe they can complete the Melo trade this summer.... maybe Magic gets bold and trades for George and Melo....

Basically, either Melo gives in and accepts a trade to NY or Phil opts out and leaves.... hard to see both staying together next season for anything other than spite. But, knowing NYK, that'll happen.

All I want is 2 lottery picks this year and next.... as long as we hit with both (a PG and a wing SG/SF), we'll enter 2019 ready to compete.... WHG, KP and 2 lottery picks is the only way we'll build something exciting for the 20s.... if we screw these 2 drafts, just like we did a decade ago with Gallinari-Hill drafts, we'll be facing another lost decade of bball.

mafra

Legend
No excuses playing Melo 40 minutes last night..... maybe Horny feels the best way for this team to lose is to keep Rose and Melo on the court? Otherwise, this should never happen again the next 24 games.

A) if we are unfortunate enough to be stuck with CA next year, why bother adding more miles to those knees?

B) Thomas and Kuz should be given minutes to showcase (in the hopes they can be throw-in pieces in some trade or to get them experience for next season).

C) another way to force Melo out is to sit him. Let him know.... hey, you may think you hold the cards with your NTC.... but guess what.... if you stay in NY you will play 25 minutes and you will watch the fourth quarter from the bench.

tiger0330

Legend
Pelicans getting shellacked in Cousins debut. I said I expected them to lose more games than they win over the next 25 despite Cousins, long term the jury is still out on these guys, both have not been on winning teams. I'm not sure Cuz can take a back seat to AD. The Pels have a year to see what they have in Cuz, I would not be trying to extend him either this summer.
Kings beat the Nugs handily in Sactown. WCS has a 29/10 double double, he was in Joergers dog house earlier in the season but he looks like he might be the player people expected coming out of Kentucky and he may flourish without Cousins there.