Game thread: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 9:00 pm 12/17/2016 [Game 27]

tiger0330

Legend
Surprise surprise after a minute or 2 Horn puts KP back. I'm sure KP wanted back in, why rest the guy for a minute when DEN has such a big lead.

mafra

Legend
Still can't believe we drafted Shumpert over Faired.... another draft we got teased big time (as K leonard almost slid into our laps, only to see SA snag him and we pass in KF for that bum IS).

tiger0330

Legend
127-114 KP had a poor night shooting but still was the second leading scorer to Melo. The boys scored enough points to win but you're going to lose most games if you allow the other team to score 127. Still over .500 but if we didn't let that game against the Suns get away we would be one game better than when we left.

tiger0330

Legend
68 pts in the paint by Denver, Faried was a beast. Seems there was some kind of incident with Noah and Horn that a reporter mentioned in the post game, he was awful so why would he be pissed at Horn. Wally talking about the dilemma with Noah and his play, guy is a flat out bust imo. Reinsdorf was right he's not a frontline 5 any longer and I hope I eat my words, he's looking like a big mistake by PJ.

and1

Rotation player
another game where we're missing shots right at the rim. obviously we didn't penetrate as much as the nuggets did, but there were a decent amount of plays just around the basket for us. they just couldn't get the ball in. unbelievable. and it wasn't just noah either. i really hope this isn't the beginning of a slide for these guys. i don't want to see what happened last year after that OT game against the jazz. that better not happen, because if it does happen you won't necessarily be able to blame it on the personnel anymore. 2/3 of the team were not here last year. different coach. i know it seems a little premature to be worried about something like that, but i really did not like the way they looked tonight. slow starts to the game, guys not communicating, weak interior defense. i hope these guys didn't get too comfy with that nice run they had a couple of weeks ago and decide they're going to start thinking about other things not related to winning games and playing hard.

tiger0330

Legend
another game where we're missing shots right at the rim. obviously we didn't penetrate as much as the nuggets did, but there were a decent amount of plays just around the basket for us. they just couldn't get the ball in. unbelievable. and it wasn't just noah either. i really hope this isn't the beginning of a slide for these guys. i don't want to see what happened last year after that OT game against the jazz. that better not happen, because if it does happen you won't necessarily be able to blame it on the personnel anymore. 2/3 of the team were not here last year. different coach. i know it seems a little premature to be worried about something like that, but i really did not like the way they looked tonight. slow starts to the game, guys not communicating, weak interior defense. i hope these guys didn't get too comfy with that nice run they had a couple of weeks ago and decide they're going to start thinking about other things not related to winning games and playing hard.
We'll see but 2-3 is still not a bad road record for a team that has had trouble winning on the road. Not having DRose hurt, we need to take a shot at bringing up Randal if DRose is going to be off and on with back woes.

As people had said some time ago, probably the toughest stretch of our season playing Cavs followed by 5 straight West Coast road games. We were a 2 point OT loss to Phoenix away from going 3 - 3 through this stretch. Instead, we go 2 - 4, but still finish the stretch a game above 0.500. If we are a legitimate team, we stay above 0.500 for the rest of the season and cruise into the playoffs. If we are pretenders and/or injuries really pile up, we fall back below 0.500 and limp through the rest of the season again. A whole lot of Jekyll and Hyde players on this roster. Hornacek has his work cut out for him on a nightly basis trying to figure out when guys like O'Quinn or Jennings can come off the bench and try to carry the team or when our starters need to do it themselves.

Ron Baker is only 23-years-old and had a good showing against GS bookended by not so great showings in the other 2 games. I would give him a little more time to see if he is good enough to be the 3rd PG (or 2nd with DRose's injury issues) before turning to Randle out of the D-League. I know people like Randle's upside, but I'd hate to think we've had Baker working with this team all this time and the summation of his chance to play is about 50 minutes spread across 3 West Coast road games, 23 of those minutes during which he played well.

Kiyaman

Legend
Still can't believe we drafted Shumpert over Faired.... another draft we got teased big time (as K leonard almost slid into our laps, only to see SA snag him and we pass in KF for that bum IS).

Selecting Shupert over Faried still has me pissed-off .. then buying out coach/player Chauncey Billups the best asset in the Melo Trade to tutor Shumpert on the basics of being a combo-guard really pissed me off.

Anyone interested in bringing back Wilson Chandler n Gallo 2 way performance for the SF position, because Melo n Lance are the pits at the SF position plus N'Dour/Kuz are raw rookies learning nothing about team-ball from Melo n Lance.

tiger0330
68 pts in the paint by Denver, Faried was a beast. Seems there was some kind of incident with Noah and Horn that a reporter mentioned in the post game, he was awful so why would he be pissed at Horn.

When coach Horn become bold enough to start rotating Noah/Quinn/and Willy into the frontcourt rotation for 24 minute playing-time each game then we will see a consistent winning all-around performance Noah night after night.
Denver got a free-pass to score 68 points inside the paint from a poor defenseless Melo/Lance/and KP no effort performance on the defensive-end of the court. Whomever in the Knicks organization forcing the team to give the majority of frontcourt minute to the trio of Melo/Lance/KP has not watch last-season games where the trio has showed no improvement in gellin on offense/defense in any of this season games.
Lance Thomas had chemistry last-season with Galloway/D.Will/and Lopez.
Our Guards Rose/Jennings/Lee/and Holiday need to have a choice of having two-Big men close to the paint to dump the ball off to on offense for a give n go or pick n roll or multi-passing for the open man.

tiger0330

Legend
Chasson Randle went 9-11 from 3 with Westchester, the kid can flat out score the ball. Guys don't want to bring him up because he's a scorer and not a pass first PG and I say to hell with that if he can add to the 3 pt firepower in today's NBA game. If you don't want to cut N'Dour or Baker to make room for him, cut Sasha then.
Randle made 7-9 3s on Sunday. What are they waiting for, this is our Steph Curry right here, bring this kid up.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
Some decent surprises on this team, but still hard to watch on most nights. #kporzee having a better yr than any Nugget thus far. This team needs to call up Chason Randle to see what he can do, Jennings is and has always been dreadful. Too bad for Noah but Thibs/Bulls milked him for all his worth

I agree, they should call up Randle. He's very intriguing