NYK.gif
at.png
IND.gif

(2-0) -- (1-1)

VenueTVTIME
Gainbridge Coliseum, Indianapolis, INMSG7:00 PM EST

mafra

Legend
IQ 4-18?. Bench couldn?t hit a 3? D-Rose didn?t play and when he?s out 2 things happen: (1) Bench isn?t nearly as effective and (2) they lose a closer.

RJ was good.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! I missed this 2nd game (series) loss .. reminds me of early last season 2nd game loss vs the Orlando Magic .. One of the reasons I criticize the Knicks coaching staff.
Knicks played a 10 man rotation having 9 players shooting 3-ball shots ..
Shooting 11-41 from the 3-ball line .. that alone is a LOSS !!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks had excellent 1st Q and led in the 4th. Without D-Rose, the second unit faltered, especially in the 4th?Rookie from AZ ate iQ alive! Cam had nada offensively?

RJ 6-7 from FT and Randle 3-6 from downtown? good signs.

Kiyaman

Legend
The stats show that Quickley & Brunson are a bad influence to the 2nd season Deuce McBride, all 3 PG were shoot-first pass-later tonight .. all 3 combining for 7 assist and 9-38 FG shooting performance.
Hart's 10 rbd and 5 assist shows he was the only Knicks player trying to get his lineup on the same-page on offense.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
New York's starting five-man unit is averaging a league-leading 108 points per 100 possessions. Their Net Rating of +22.8 also leads the league by a wide margin (no other team has a Net Rating north of +15). #knicks via @TommyBeer

NYP: ?starters already have 40 assists?. The five starters all have high positive ratings, led by Barrett?s plus-51. Randle, buying into the new offensive philosophy of more movement and less dribbling, is plus-35 and Brunson is plus-36. Even Fournier, of whom Knicks fans remain skeptical as a starter over second-year guard Quenntin Grimes, has a plus-26. Robinson, the focal point of the defense, is plus-40.

?Randle has been impressive, producing 13 assists and just two turnovers while moving the ball and pounding it into the floor far less.

Perhaps most importantly, the entire unit looks comfortable with each other.

?It?s more than just Julius. It?s how is Julius fitting in with the starters? How are the starters playing as a unit? That?s more what I look at,? Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. ?How are we complementing Julius? How are we bringing the best out of Julius? How is Julius bringing the best out of his team? I?ve been pleased with our starters in general.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Mafra .... When it comes down to the Knicks starters, it should be how are Randle & Barrett performance complimenting Brunson's play-maker performance? And Fournier's spot-shooter performance? And MitchRob dominance on the offensive boards?
The two Knicks starters (Randle & Barrett) individual performance the past 3 seasons has not complimented any of their teammates performance on offense defense.

The Knicks have five inconsistent ISO offensive players in Brunson, Quickley, Barrett, Toppin, and Randle who love to shoot off their dribble. Which stops ball-movement. Which also stops a quick catch and shoot perimeter shooter Fournier from scoring, when the Knicks offense keep forcing Fournier to shoot off his dribble just to get an open shot.
Randle & Barrett never-ever screen or picked Knox opponent or Fournier's opponent so the two perimeter shooters could take an open jumper.
If we recall Bullocks performance on offense for the Knicks 2 seasons ago, then we recall Bullock always screening & picking off Randle's opponents, or Barrett's opponents to give them a open lane or an open jumper.
Are 2nd season Grimes talent and experience good enough to replace Bullocks performance ???