Game Thread: New York Knicks @ New Orleans Pelicans 8:00 pm 12/30/2016 [Game#32]

mafra

Legend
i'm with you on this. i'm not afraid to call out suspicious uneven officiating. i don't think it's bad officiating as much as it is intentional. there's NO WAY it can be this obviously uneven game after game after game. knicks just aren't consistent enough to refuse to lose when this sort of thing is going on.

they mentioned on the post and how NYK didn't attempt a FT for the first 8 minutes of the game.... then had another FT-less drought.... what bothered me was how the refs let them play for 3 quarters, then starting calling touch fouls on NY innthe 4th. The double technical is hands down worst call of season. Ref mouthed "oh my" when hines shoved Sasha but then doesn't T him up?

hard to win when other team is constantly getting 3 free shots on one end then allowed to play physical defense on the other end.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanx for the GameThread Rady .. I miss the game but seen the highlight n game stat sheet ..
No Quinn
No Willy
No Kuz
I should be happy i missed an unwatchable Knicks game .. Im not .. I'm more upset bout having a sorry head coach for back to back games ..,Our trio of star-scorer Rose/Melo/KP received 40 minute each in the first game of a back to back, plus neither of the 3 star-scorers could put up nice numbers to raise our poor 37% percent shooting game .. all 3 players were giving the green light to take 20 shot attempts in this game.
Our 40 minute trio of Rose/Melo/KP leadership controlled the offense for 48 minute plus their poor effort on defense let the Pelicans score 46 points inside the paint .. the Pelicans had 30 points from fastbreak baskets compared to 10 fastbreak points .. that mean our offense had to much individual isolation plays in a halfcourt offense, and slow running players getting back on defense.
Rose committed 2 fouls n 1 assist
Melo committed 3 fouls n 13 rebounds
KP committed 4 fouls n 12 rebounds
Having a record of 16-16 ... the 3 players mention above has not earned or deserve to receive over 30 minute per game or take more than 15 shots per game, especially in a back to back.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanx for the GameThread Rady .. I miss the game but seen the highlight n game stat sheet ..
No Quinn
No Willy
No Kuz
I should be happy i missed an unwatchable Knicks game .. Im not .. I'm more upset bout having a sorry head coach for back to back games ..,Our trio of star-scorer Rose/Melo/KP received 40 minute each in the first game of a back to back, plus neither of the 3 star-scorers could put up nice numbers to raise our poor 37% percent shooting game .. all 3 players were giving the green light to take 20 shot attempts in this game.
Our 40 minute trio of Rose/Melo/KP leadership controlled the offense for 48 minute plus their poor effort on defense let the Pelicans score 46 points inside the paint .. the Pelicans had 30 points from fastbreak baskets compared to 10 fastbreak points .. that mean our offense had to much individual isolation plays in a halfcourt offense, and slow running players getting back on defense.
Rose committed 2 fouls n 1 assist
Melo committed 3 fouls n 13 rebounds
KP committed 4 fouls n 12 rebounds
Having a record of 16-16 ... the 3 players mention above has not earned or deserve to receive over 30 minute per game or take more than 15 shots per game, especially in a back to back.
It was only one play but Jennings blowing that wide open uncontested layup was horrendous. Knicks need him to step up on a consistent basis esp with CLee out but he's a career 38% shooter and you can see why with him missing shots like that. You're man Sasha is a joke so there's a big hole at the 2 and Noah didn't score for the 5th time this season and the Knicks are 1-4 when he doesn't score. The big 3 were inefficient but it's not all on them.