Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Portland Trail Blazers (2014/12/28)

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah that kind of season when most were ceding the championship to the Cavs and now they're getting booed in their own building. I wonder if KLove changes his mind about that extension if they don't get out of the first round and considers the Knicks. That'll be a big decision for Phil if that happens, I personally wouldn't sign him if the Cavs don't make some noise in the playoffs esp not for max money.

paris401

Starter
I wonder if KLove changes his mind about that extension if they don't get out of the first round and considers the Knicks. .

I dunno what the zenmaster has in his bag of tricks, but if a guy like love left the $hitty wolves for the cavs hoping for a ring with'bron n irving, and it doesn't happen, why would he consider the equally or more $hitty knicks as his next destination??..

while we probably... make that... definitely .. will get a high draft choice, why will any of the top FA's sign in ny with the season we are having... to play with Me-Lo???...

I know lots of guys on this site are saying give PJ time as he inherited this team, let him assemble his own cast of character's, but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...

CoolClyde

this was the first Knicks game I could have watched but chose not to (well, the wife was watching her english drama/murder mysteries), as I usually tape the game on DVR and watch at fast speed thru commercials and free throws. but as fate would have it, i looked at the score, saw the Knicks being clobbered, and could not stand to watch the beating, although Cold Ostrich seemed to have a career game, and that is indeed a positive.

i said in a previous thread that young king Cole should start and get his typical double double, as what do the Knicks have to lose at this point? I never thought he would come through the way he did this game, those were Tyson Chandler numbers. The only reason the Knicks have for starting Salembert would be to showcase his limited talents for trade purposes (hello Cleveland?).

at this point, i'm counting down the days to the draft, checking out the lottery picks, and looking forward to Melo getting his rest, STAT staying healthy, Jose staying healthy and getting familiar with the triange (along with every other Knick), Cleanthony getting healthy and becoming a major part of the team, THJR improvement, and the return of Shump, JR and Bargs to showcase their talents for trade purposes.

tiger0330

Legend
I dunno what the zenmaster has in his bag of tricks, but if a guy like love left the $hitty wolves for the cavs hoping for a ring with'bron n irving, and it doesn't happen, why would he consider the equally or more $hitty knicks as his next destination??..

while we probably... make that... definitely .. will get a high draft choice, why will any of the top FA's sign in ny with the season we are having... to play with Me-Lo???...

I know lots of guys on this site are saying give PJ time as he inherited this team, let him assemble his own cast of character's, but I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...
I agree, top FAs that can get max money anywhere, ironically Melo was one of those, won't sign with the Knicks just like Melo wouldn't have signed with the 76ers if they offered him the same deal that the Rox or Chicago did.

Only reason to come to NY would be a guy like Dragic who may be worth 12M on the open market but the Knicks overpay and offer him 15M. Dallas did that with Chandler Parsons and he's not living up to that contract but they're at least winning and it's a 3 year deal not 4.

PJ is going to have to be incredibly lucky as well as good to turn around the franchise. I just look at some of moves done in the off-season like the Cavs, the Pelicans getting Asik, Wiggins and Bennett in MN that haven't been what was expected.