Venue
TV
TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
MSG
7:30 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the game thread .. I'm hoping the same Knicks for the Cavs game show up tonight. We could DNP Barrett tonight, and give his minutes to Reddish & Fournier.
We all know what Knicks players won the 2nd half of Cavs game .. however, the Knicks media swung it to Brunson and Randle ball-hogging performance beating the Cavs.

McBride, Grimes, Quickly, Toppin, and Hart or Sims are a great energy lineup that do need 20 games of playing time to develop their own same-page chemistry.
In four seasons as a Knicks starter Randle & Barrett has never been on the same-page ....
And should be the first two players traded !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
On Friday the Hawks beat the Nuggets 117-109, and on Monday the Hawks loss to OKC 121-114, and both games were in Atlanta.
The Hawks should be hungry for a win tonight ....

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle hitting MitchRob down low, and Grimes showing he could hit the 3 plus pass a Dime, McBride calm down Trae .. Knicks showing a good start in the 1st quarter .. 31-20 Knicks
Thibs 9 man rotation

Kiyaman

Legend
5 minute of no Knicks scoring from Brunson & Barrett controlling the ball on every offensive possession

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time Knicks 53 - Hawks 41

All I can say Reddish instead of Barrett, and Sims instead of Hart the Knicks wouldve had a 20 something lead at halftime.
The Knicks did have a18 point lead the Hawks knocked down to five in the 2nd qtr.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why is Randle shooting the technical with Brunson on the floor? Doesn't make sense.
SELFISH stats player

mafra

Legend
Mitch a beast on the off glass…. Grimes was solid on both ends.

Per @bball_ref, Julius Randle just had the first 30, 15 & 5 game in Knicks history without a turnover (or at least since turnovers have been a recorded stat).

Kiyaman

Legend
Happy for a Knicks 113-89 win .. wasn't happy bout Collins and Murray missing the game.
I wanted to see how creative Trae & Murray backcourt has become after 20 something games.
MitchRob's 9 offensive-rebounds and 4-4 FG shooting for 8 pts.
Randle's 34 pts, 17 rbs, 5 ast, and zero turn overs (No Collins!).
I didn't mean to be so hard on Randle throughout the Game Thread it's just Collins been having super offense/defense stats on the Knicks in every game since the playoffs.
Tonight, ESPN announcers did a better job than Clyde & Breen

I have to watch the next game on ESPN .. The best ball-movement team in the NBA for 2 years straight yep, the Boston Celtics ball-movement against the return of Chris Paul on Phoenix Suns

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Fun fact: Deuce McBride now has the best individual defensive rating in the NBA for anyone who has played at least 85 minutes.

Call me crazy, but in 3 years we might be content with fact we kept QG,DM, RJB and those picks for DM.

And, for the here and now… even with JB in a slight rut and RJB about as awful as he could be and QG out most of year and DM just getting burn now…

1 less loss and Knicks are tied for 4th in EC. 1 more loss and they're tied for 12th. ORL, DET, CHA are out of mix... nobody catching BOS, MIL.

That's 10 teams in EC fighting for spots on the 3-10 mix, leaving 2 out of the bubble entirely and into lottery.