Game thread: New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics 10/25/2023 7:00pm [Game #1]

Kiyaman

Legend
-
Dichenzo didn’t impress and JHart-sanity seems to have subsided. Same problems with this roster as last year, and it’s scoring is going to be a problem. A good sign they were in it despite FT shooting and abysmal performances from Randle, Brunson, Robinson…. But they won’t shoot that well from 3s most nights either.

Anybody see that awful play down stretch when ball bounced off Randle’s brick hands… they were up 4 with about 3 left.

This team will compete. IQ and RJ will be slightly improved…. But nothing to get hopes up for. Brunson a gamer. Randle still their best player… and where is that getting you?

Hate to bust your bubble the 12 missed FT were bad.
Your boy Barrett's performance on the defensive-end of the court NEVER defended the ball in all 4 quarters of the game. Not once in the game did Barrett or Randle defend Tatum. Barrett had zero fouls in 36 minutes.
It was easy for Tatum to get a screen for Grimes to have a open lane to drive toward Mitch in the paint to do his circus move to get contact with Mitch arms in the air to give Mitch all 4 fouls.
In the first half Tatum dunked over Randle 3 or 4 times.
Our coach did nothing in the 2nd half to defend Tatum's 34 points.
Knicks shot 97 shots, and Randle Barrett and Brunson combine for 63 of those shots.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
-

Hate to bust your bubble the 12 missed FT were bad.
Your boy Barrett's performance on the defensive-end of the court NEVER defended the ball in all 4 quarters of the game. Not once in the game did Barrett or Randle defend Tatum. Barrett had zero fouls in 36 minutes.
It was easy for Tatum to get a screen for Grimes to have a open lane to drive toward Mitch in the paint to do his circus move to get contact with Mitch arms in the air to give Mitch all 4 fouls.
In the first half Tatum dunked over Randle 3 or 4 times.
Our coach did nothing in the 2nd half to defend Tatum's 34 points.
Knicks shot 97 shots, and Randle Barrett and Brunson combine for 63 of those shots.
Tatum, KP and Brown (or Holiday) shot the same percentage of the total shots, your stars are supposed to shoot at high clip, but the difference is that they were hitting them. Grimes was doing decent job on Tatum, but he was shooting the lights out.
on opining night when your top two players shot 11 of 43 shots and you still competed to the last minute, i think we watch a pretty good team. The Cs have a very good team.... if we got the 3 point call on Brunson, we would've won the game..... I will say it is a good start for the season....

I watched the first half and left. Didn't see anything about the Knicks that was any different from last year.

Came back at the 2 1/2 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Just wanted you to know what I actually saw of the game. I also read most of the comments about the game.

Now this... What I saw was a different between someone knowing something about winning and how to put the making of a championship team together. If you didn't see the difference between Phil Jackson drafting KP & Co. to Perry & Mills & Co. drafting RJ and Co. then it something wrong with you. Last night was once again a testament to the fact that Phil had a good idea about what was need for the Knicks. Hope and a Center Piece to build around.

The Words 'TRANSFORMATIVE' and 'MOVE THE NEEDLE' should have stood out in everybody mind last night when looking at KP.

I see nothing in the Knicks team that frighten any team in the league but on the other hand Boston (with KP) looks a little scary. For the first time in my life, I know of no player on the Knicks team that I like or could pull for as a player. That is SAD!! In the stat sheet I saw where MRob took 4 shoots. Someone tell me he took 3 jumpers. Saw the dump in the first quarter. This is what I'm talking about a player that has been on this team for over 5 years and can't shoot a jumper. Maybe some of you saw Luke Kornet on the Boston bench. I would have been better to keep Kornet and trade MRob because Kornet shoot the 3's ball and defend the basket. In another site I use to post in I suggested that when KP got hurt the Knicks should play Kornet at the PF and ran the same plays for him.
** Now of course the Knicks like now they had no one to coach MRob or Kornet. BTW, Phil also draft or signed as a FA Luke Kornet.

You give Phil less than 3 full years and give these current clowns that are running the Knicks over 5 years. If you can't say 'CHAMPIONSHIP' then what kind of future do you have? This current team (Knicks) have no future!!