Game thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 2/16/2022 7:30pm [Game #59]

mafra

Legend
Knicks were 9-0 this year when ahead by 20 in a game. They are 0-3 in Feb. no other team in NBA history has 2 such losses in a calendar month?.

RJ getting injured final seconds of a blowout broke this team?.

So good now Rose is returning. Just in time to cost team lottery balls. What good is his return now?

To the 98% of people that post in this forum. You were told back before the season that the Knicks are heading for trouble. The signs were there but that 98% ignore them and talk really big about success for the coming year. There were predictions about how many games the team would win this year over last year. HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!

Now after being embarrassed on national TV. Those 'Rose Colored Glasses' that all of you were wearing are turning clear. Let stop there for a minute.

**What is most troubling is that of that 98% all are supposed to know BB(no Real BB) and talent. So how did so many knowledgeable people not see this team imploding? Of course, the season isn't over and it the all-star break. If all were in lock step with the F.O. and coach what does that say about the 98%. If the F.O. is a bunch of bums and no-nothing people what is the 98%? If Thib's is a bubbling fool of a coach what is the 98%? If WWW and Rose got there butt up their 'you know what' then where is the 98% BUTT'S?

There not a post this morning that is complimenting the Knicks about their play last night. Not ONE!! All of a sudden, the 98% is up in arms(for what I don't know) last night and this morning. Why, this is the Frankenstein team that you wanted from day one. The interesting thing is who to blame!! Well, it looks like Thib's is the 'Fall Guy' and he is part of the problem. It a lot of blame to go around but just down blame Randle. I'm not a big fan of his but he is doing all he can in a position he isn't suited for in BB.

So where does the blame belong?? Well, take your pick... From the F.O. to the ball boy(everybody except Randle). These problems didn't start last night. They start the moment that Phil Jackson walk out the door. There was a gathering of people who knew nothing about BB(not to mention real BB) lead by Mills and Perry to revamp this team. For one the team didn't need revamping it needed knowledgeable BB people and they weren't. From there they feed all of you a 'Pipe Dream' and lead the Knicks into destruction. Leading all to bottom of despair in the NBA. A whole season of losing for the Golden prize of the Lottery. Well, guess what Sherlock... that didn't happen. Instead, they got a much lesser talent and told all 'It OK'. We really want him!! He going to be Great!! He is NBA ready!! He wants to be a Leader!! etc. That was over 3 years ago and look at what has happened. It been said that we as fans have no say in day-to-day affairs of the Knicks. That is very true.... But we don't have to go long simply because the F.O. say's SO!!

So, all of you brillant people, the 98%!! What will get the Knicks out of their current condition/state??
**If I were you, I wouldn't try... the hole is already very deep.

There was a light that all Knick fans could see when Phil was here. That light doesn't exist anymore.

We fired Mike Woodson after a 37 - 45 record one year after a winning season. Didn?t work out great for us.

If people think we got flamed after firing Fizdale, wait and see how the NBA world reacts if we fire Thibs less than one season after winning Coach of the Year.

This franchise deserves its standing as the laughingstock of the sports world.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks were 9-0 this year when ahead by 20 in a game. They are 0-3 in Feb. no other team in NBA history has 2 such losses in a calendar month?.

RJ getting injured final seconds of a blowout broke this team?.

So good now Rose is returning. Just in time to cost team lottery balls. What good is his return now?

That's a CLEAR Thibs issue...see several yrs ago D-Rose career ruined...the story then was Bulls up comfortably in the final moments of a playoff game and D-Rose shreds his knee up. If Thibs made a habit of playing a more solid and equitable rotation, especially in a game you're getting waxed maybe this doesn't happen

I agree tho standing pat for 2yrs no deals at the deadline is disgraceful. We got lucky last yr let's call it for what it was, I said we weren't good, the league was down bad last yr across conferences. Sounds like Thibs wanted deals made(likely youth for vets to win now), which explains even further why he isn't trying to play Cam in good faith to help the kid get rhythm. Wasn't Cam the one who did us dirty in the playoffs or didn't he have a good playoff showing/coming out party?

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
To the 98% of people that post in this forum. You were told back before the season that the Knicks are heading for trouble. The signs were there but that 98% ignore them and talk really big about success for the coming year. There were predictions about how many games the team would win this year over last year. HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!

Now after being embarrassed on national TV. Those 'Rose Colored Glasses' that all of you were wearing are turning clear. Let stop there for a minute.

**What is most troubling is that of that 98% all are supposed to know BB(no Real BB) and talent. So how did so many knowledgeable people not see this team imploding? Of course, the season isn't over and it the all-star break. If all were in lock step with the F.O. and coach what does that say about the 98%. If the F.O. is a bunch of bums and no-nothing people what is the 98%? If Thib's is a bubbling fool of a coach what is the 98%? If WWW and Rose got there butt up their 'you know what' then where is the 98% BUTT'S?

There not a post this morning that is complimenting the Knicks about their play last night. Not ONE!! All of a sudden, the 98% is up in arms(for what I don't know) last night and this morning. Why, this is the Frankenstein team that you wanted from day one. The interesting thing is who to blame!! Well, it looks like Thib's is the 'Fall Guy' and he is part of the problem. It a lot of blame to go around but just down blame Randle. I'm not a big fan of his but he is doing all he can in a position he isn't suited for in BB.

So where does the blame belong?? Well, take your pick... From the F.O. to the ball boy(everybody except Randle). These problems didn't start last night. They start the moment that Phil Jackson walk out the door. There was a gathering of people who knew nothing about BB(not to mention real BB) lead by Mills and Perry to revamp this team. For one the team didn't need revamping it needed knowledgeable BB people and they weren't. From there they feed all of you a 'Pipe Dream' and lead the Knicks into destruction. Leading all to bottom of despair in the NBA. A whole season of losing for the Golden prize of the Lottery. Well, guess what Sherlock... that didn't happen. Instead, they got a much lesser talent and told all 'It OK'. We really want him!! He going to be Great!! He is NBA ready!! He wants to be a Leader!! etc. That was over 3 years ago and look at what has happened. It been said that we as fans have no say in day-to-day affairs of the Knicks. That is very true.... But we don't have to go long simply because the F.O. say's SO!!

So, all of you brillant people, the 98%!! What will get the Knicks out of their current condition/state??
**If I were you, I wouldn't try... the hole is already very deep.

There was a light that all Knick fans could see when Phil was here. That light doesn't exist anymore.

Phil drafted Frank who is doing zero on Dallas.........
Phil signed Melo to a max extension ( minus 5 million ) with a trade exclusion....

if that was our light then whew we are in trouble.........

Phil drafted Frank who is doing zero on Dallas.........
Phil signed Melo to a max extension ( minus 5 million ) with a trade exclusion....

if that was our light then whew we are in trouble.........

Did Phil get to play Frank the way he envisions for the team? NO!!
Did Mills and Perry make the coach play Frank like they did RJ?? You are quick to bring out the negatives about Frank, but he wasn't GIVEN minutes and a 3-starting position... was he!! No!!
BTW, Dallas like every team is trying to show that they are smart and correct about their players that they draft. So Frank is a step-child and will be treated as such. They trade for Spencer D. and Bertain and they are going to give them minutes over Frank. So why didn't the Knicks treat Frank like they did RJ? It all about who is smarter than the other. Perry and Mills have to look smarter than the man that won more championships and anyone else. So how do they do that?? Destroy everything that Phil but together and show that he was a failure with the players and moves he made but we(Mills and Perry) are smarter.... look we have RJ.... What a damn joke!!

Correct about Melo. I'm on your side with that one.

Now it strange that you didn't mention KP.
It also strange that you didn't mention how long Phil was with the Knicks. How many 1st rounder did Phil have to correct the problems of the Knicks?
**Was Phil given enough time to turn things around?? No!! The envious people in the Knicks organization decided that they were smarter than the person who has won the most championships. Well, look at where the Knicks are right now after Phil.

Ok "if that was our light then whew we are in trouble"............ Well, do you see light now with the current state of affairs with the Knicks?? If so please tell me where it is.
If KP, Frank, MRob, Knox, Dotson and Trier don't give you some hope and light then by all means stay with the current 'Brain Trust' that running the Knicks. KP in himself gave hope and light not the mention the other.
**All but one of those players are no longer on the team. Current management give you no transformative player and no decent draft picks. Randle, RJ(who NEVER won a starting position), a bunch of F.A.(should have keep Bobby P.). So where is the light??

jimkcchief88

All Star
I was at busy at work but I had the game on in the background. I wrongly assumed we could close that game after being up big and leading most of the game. The Knicks are a dumpster fire. AGAIN. Thank god I don?t have many chances to see them lose. I was gonna pay the $50 for league pass and something stopped me. Gotta blow this thing up AGAIN and start over. Everyone whose name is not RJ Barrett can go. I don?t think I will see a Knicks championship in my lifetime.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are a 12th seed team in the East, plus have 2-8 record in last 10 games, and are 3-13 in their last 16 games before ALL-STAR Weekend. The Knicks next 4 games vs top teams after All-Star weekend look like sure losses, and may give the Knicks a 3-17 record in their last 20 games (to verify as a NBA LOTTERY team). Yes! Not looking good having consistent losses!

The Knicks next 5 games will be nationally televised on ABC and ESPN, for distant Knicks fans to watch.
This maybe the last season the Knicks receive so much national televise coverage for seasons to come if 18 wins are not included in their final 23 game schedule.
If things continue with the Knicks ....

1) Next Friday we play the Miami Heats in MSG .. Loss
2) On Sunday we play Embiid & Harden's 76ers in MSG .. Loss
And then the Knicks go on a 7 game road trip against ....
3) 76ers again .. Loss
4) Suns ... Loss
5) Clippers ... Loss
6) Kings .... Maybe?
7) Mavs .... Loss
8) Grizz .... Loss
9) And Brooklyn .... Loss
10) Blazers in MSG .... Maybe?

mafra

Legend
Buckle Up Folks!!!

Truth now coming out, and why Worldwide Fraud (Wes) is running for cover? article in NYP saying how Scott Perry wanted Leon Rose to look into DeRozan.

DeRozan is pals with Dame, and Perry felt getting DD would motivate DL to force trade to NY.

DeRozan wanted Lakers first, but told Ny they were near top of his list.

Worldwide Wes and Rose felt Fournier was better get?.

DeRozan said he would come to NYK if they matched 3/82 that CHI offered

Instead, Leon Rose gave Evan 4/78?.

This year boils a down to that gaffe?. DeRozan just set a record of like 8 straight games over 35 points, on 50 percent shooting?. He?s a top MVP candidate.

If Knicks sign DeRozan instead of Evan F, Knicks are top 4 seed and riding high?.

No wonder WWW and Rose want Thibbs to take the fall for their colossal failure?I imagine they ruminated for years how easily they could build a winner? when given their chance? boy, did they swing and miss.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mafra .... In the last offseason the Knicks FO were supposed to spend the FA $$$ on a starting PG.
Signing $5M Kemba knees to be the Knicks future starter PG spot was a big joke on the team.
Signing Derozan with out a starter PG, and having a career injury-prone PG as backup.
The Knicks record would be the same with Derozan or Fournier without getting the right PG that could keep the ball out of Randle's wanna be the PG hands.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Did Phil get to play Frank the way he envisions for the team? NO!!
Did Mills and Perry make the coach play Frank like they did RJ?? You are quick to bring out the negatives about Frank, but he wasn't GIVEN minutes and a 3-starting position... was he!! No!!
BTW, Dallas like every team is trying to show that they are smart and correct about their players that they draft. So Frank is a step-child and will be treated as such. They trade for Spencer D. and Bertain and they are going to give them minutes over Frank. So why didn't the Knicks treat Frank like they did RJ? It all about who is smarter than the other. Perry and Mills have to look smarter than the man that won more championships and anyone else. So how do they do that?? Destroy everything that Phil but together and show that he was a failure with the players and moves he made but we(Mills and Perry) are smarter.... look we have RJ.... What a damn joke!!

Correct about Melo. I'm on your side with that one.

Now it strange that you didn't mention KP.
It also strange that you didn't mention how long Phil was with the Knicks. How many 1st rounder did Phil have to correct the problems of the Knicks?
**Was Phil given enough time to turn things around?? No!! The envious people in the Knicks organization decided that they were smarter than the person who has won the most championships. Well, look at where the Knicks are right now after Phil.

Ok "if that was our light then whew we are in trouble"............ Well, do you see light now with the current state of affairs with the Knicks?? If so please tell me where it is.
If KP, Frank, MRob, Knox, Dotson and Trier don't give you some hope and light then by all means stay with the current 'Brain Trust' that running the Knicks. KP in himself gave hope and light not the mention the other.
**All but one of those players are no longer on the team. Current management give you no transformative player and no decent draft picks. Randle, RJ(who NEVER won a starting position), a bunch of F.A.(should have keep Bobby P.). So where is the light??

Let me be clear I was very happy with the Frank pick but I too can admit when I was wrong. Lets see if he ever steps up at Dallas......I do not believe an organization can ruin a player once they end of at another team. Either they can step up or not........

Do you think Phil wanted to resign Melo ?
Do you think Phil wanted to add the No trade clause ?

if either of the answers is NO then we were paying Phil 10 million a year and he was still not allowed to make the decisions. Hence back to Jimmy D

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Knox is getting no time with the Hawks.
Dotson and Treier not in the league.

If we say RJ is only 21 you say BS but if these another players are not on the knicks you say the knicks ruined them and thats why,,,,,call a spade a spade

Knox is getting no time with the Hawks.
Dotson and Treier not in the league.

If we say RJ is only 21 you say BS but if these another players are not on the knicks you say the knicks ruined them and thats why,,,,,call a spade a spade

I said this "Dallas like every team is trying to show that they are smart and correct about their players that they draft. So Frank is a step-child and will be treated as such". Same for Knox, Dotson and Trier.
See competition isn't part of what is going on with teams. That will come back to bait you as you can see with the Knicks.
Did Knox start as soon as he was trade to the Hawks? Did he beat out everybody that started the season with the team? Not know the offense or defense.
**Now compare that to RJ starting as a rookie with no experience in the NBA. That doesn't bother you?? You can see he isn't talented to start....so how is he starting.

The Knicks didn't play them and, in some sense, if you aren't playing then your game isn't as sharp.

I don't understand what you are saying " If we say RJ is only 21 you say BS but if these another players are not on the knicks you say the knicks ruined them and thats why,,,,,call a spade a spade".
There is no disagreement about RJ age 21. Are using RJ age as an excuse or a crutch? It always something to justify his existent on the team.

** Tell me when RJ has won a starting position or positions and earn 35 plus minutes a game? See Frank, Knox, Dotson(who was the starting SG), and Trier(Who was the starting SG) never got that kind of special treatment. The people that draft them never got a chance to put them on the floor together.

Does the COMPETITION ever a part of a conversation with RJ? Just justify his existent on the Knicks. Just do that!! You and nobody else can because there is his HISTORY!!! You can't erase that.

Let me be clear I was very happy with the Frank pick but I too can admit when I was wrong. Lets see if he ever steps up at Dallas......I do not believe an organization can ruin a player once they end of at another team. Either they can step up or not........

Do you think Phil wanted to resign Melo ?
Do you think Phil wanted to add the No trade clause ?

if either of the answers is NO then we were paying Phil 10 million a year and he was still not allowed to make the decisions. Hence back to Jimmy D

Agreed with part of the last statement.
What the hell does paying 10mil to Phil has to do with anything? Please explain.

If you were very happy with Frank then where is your voice when it comes to his treatment? WHERE!! I know you can only talk so do that. How can you sit quietly when RJ is starting and playing 35 plus minutes a game but Frank got none of that special treatment. You want to call a spade a spade... then where is your voice. SPEAK UP!! If you going to call me out about being fair. I'm ok with it but don't sit back and say one thing then quiet about another.

Frank was drafted as a PG by very knowledgeable people. For those that disagree please show where you are more knowledgeable than those that drafted Frank. I'm Waiting!! Perry act as though he hated Frank. They did everything to hurt this kid... you know he was just 19(sound familiar). So are we being fair?? These same people who are running the Knicks now say "Frank is more of a SG". Those same people have the Knicks in what state of affairs right now?? You tell me if the treatment of Frank and RJ are the same. ARE THEY??

mafra

Legend
Marc Berman on radio says Thibbs doesn?t play Obi more for a few reasons

1. Poor team defender
2. Low basketball IQ
3. Can?t shoot the 3

Folks, Obi just isn?t that good. If he plays with a true PG, he can dunk and score some? other than that?. Stupid to take a Obi over TH.

Marc Berman on radio says Thibbs doesn?t play Obi more for a few reasons

1. Poor team defender
2. Low basketball IQ
3. Can?t shoot the 3

Folks, Obi just isn?t that good. If he plays with a true PG, he can dunk and score some? other than that?. Stupid to take a Obi over TH.

I like Obi. He can be a role player who can give us some inside and transition scoring off the bench if used correctly. But yeah, his chances of ever being a starter in this league seem small because of his defense and poor jump shooting.

mafra

Legend
And that comment had more to do with defending Thibbs than bashing Toppin.

Wes got wrong players and bashes Thibbs to Dolan. Fans bash Thibbs for not playing kids, but IQ and Obi maybe aren?t 28 minute 2-way players

This ain?t on Thibbs, even if he?s had a poor year.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Agreed with part of the last statement.
What the hell does paying 10mil to Phil has to do with anything? Please explain.

If you were very happy with Frank then where is your voice when it comes to his treatment? WHERE!! I know you can only talk so do that. How can you sit quietly when RJ is starting and playing 35 plus minutes a game but Frank got none of that special treatment. You want to call a spade a spade... then where is your voice. SPEAK UP!! If you going to call me out about being fair. I'm ok with it but don't sit back and say one thing then quiet about another.

Frank was drafted as a PG by very knowledgeable people. For those that disagree please show where you are more knowledgeable than those that drafted Frank. I'm Waiting!! Perry act as though he hated Frank. They did everything to hurt this kid... you know he was just 19(sound familiar). So are we being fair?? These same people who are running the Knicks now say "Frank is more of a SG". Those same people have the Knicks in what state of affairs right now?? You tell me if the treatment of Frank and RJ are the same. ARE THEY??

!0 million to Phil point was simple.....here we are paying guy 10 million and he's still not allowed to make the decisions.

!0 million to Phil point was simple.....here we are paying guy 10 million and he's still not allowed to make the decisions.

Again, Agreed with you.

As you have pointed out countless time about Mr. Dolan. Would it be fair to say that Thib's isn't coaching that he is getting his order from up top. Example - Playing RJ with no accountability(winning a position) to why he is playing. Is Thib's coaching to his talent or he ordered to play... this player or that player. We may never know actually what Thib's is controlling.

Again, we have a person with the most NBA rings and we only give him 2 1/2 years to turn around this team and organization. Envy and Cancer slipped into the picture. They decided they knew more than he did and they knew talent. They spin everything they could to show that Phil destroyed this organization. We still have some in this forum that print that lied often.
** Bottom line is the current state of affairs with the Knicks show that those who undermine Phil are very incompetent and stupid.

Today where would you like to be 1. In this current state of the Knicks? 2. Having Phil leading this organization?
Questions for You!!