Game thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 2/16/2022 7:30pm [Game #59]

mafra

Legend
36-16 Nets in 4th

Rookie Cam Thomas had 19 in the 4th. Keep playing MRob, AB, Walker, Fournier? winners.

mafra

Legend
Well fellas, it?s been fun but I?m going to go crawl through razor wire because that will be less painful than watching this team do this game after game.

Why care? Players don?t care? GM doesn?t care enough to bother talking to media. Screw them all

mafra

Legend
Not trading for a PG, allowing 2 months without Rose?

Trading a 1st for a player your coach won?t play

Not trading MRob, ensuring you get something and build for future?

All of this tells me it?s gonna get worse before it gets better. Only thing to save is from front office incompetence is lottery miracle.

mafra

Legend
After trading down and then taking Grimes with their first round pick? 2 picks later crosstown rival took Can Thomas?

Grimes had 8 tonight?

Cam had 19 in the 4th, and that kid looks like a legit star. He can flat out score!

Leon Rose? you have officially flopped. Go back to CAA? this cozy relationship with them has won NYK nada?

Taking Grimes over Thomas the latest blunder in a long list of them.

mafra

Legend
7-14 in close games? they won their first 3? they are 4-14 last 18 close games?

Repetition of loses recently is damaging to the psyche, says the post game commentary

Kiyaman

Legend
Obi Toppin received 4 min in the 2nd half of the game .. When it look like Obi & Quickley had complete control of a Knicks win tonight, by going on two Knicks runs to hold the Knicks lead in double digits to16 pts then down to 13 pts then back up to 16 pts then back to 13 pts .. Thats when Thibs put in Randle to TANK the remainder of the game. Thibs & Randle are on the same-page
Tonight game showed .......
Knicks opponents could rest all their star players in games against the Knicks .. Home & Away

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't see the game or look at the box score but I bet it was a repetition of the OKC game and others where we were trading 3s and long contested jumpers for Nets layups. This team needs athletes, Kemba is done, no burst to the hoop, Fournier never had any. I think MRob has lost a step or two gaining weight. RJ our best athlete among the starters but he's hardly explosive. Even if DRose comes back, I don't think he makes an impact unless other guys step up.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well fellas, it?s been fun but I?m going to go crawl through razor wire because that will be less painful than watching this team do this game after game.

Blowing 7 double-digit leads in the 2nd half in our last 10 games, does say "You can't help the Knicks"
You think, it cant get any worse than the Knicks last two losses? Maybe? in the next game ???

mafra

Legend
I think in their last 3 Ls? they had win probability of over 95% in 4th? 1 of those losses a season is the norm? 3 of them in a row, coming on heels of Thibbs injuring RJ?

Message?

Kiyaman

Legend
Didn't see the game or look at the box score but I bet it was a repetition of the OKC game and others where we were trading 3s and long contested jumpers for Nets layups. This team needs athletes, Kemba is done, no burst to the hoop, Fournier never had any. I think MRob has lost a step or two gaining weight. RJ our best athlete among the starters but he's hardly explosive. Even if DRose comes back, I don't think he makes an impact unless other guys step up.

You missed ....
Randle's 8 min performance in the 4th quarter were exactly the same as Harden's performance during the Nets 10 game losing streak !!!

mafra

Legend
Randle just established NBA record for most insignificant stretch of 30 point games?

To be outplayed by that collection of mercenaries? Ouch. On him, for he?s the lead dawg. He did have an efficient game tho? only 4 turnovers? did make buckets down the stretch? he wasn?t why we lost?

Thibbs pays no attention to offense, we have nobody to run the offense? once again, this is on Walker, Evan, AB, Grimes. TBH, that?s the worst backcourt in NBA. Thank you, Perry and Rose.

It?s on Thibbs for not playing Obi and IQ more?

mafra

Legend
After going 13-of-23, New York finished the game 16-of-43 from behind the arc.

Aldridge and Drummond kills us? where?s Noel? Bad signing?

DeRozan had 38 in a win 2nite.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle just established NBA record for most insignificant stretch of 30 point games?

To be outplayed by that collection of mercenaries? Ouch. On him, for he?s the lead dawg. He did have an efficient game tho? only 4 turnovers? did make buckets down the stretch? he wasn?t why we lost?

Thibbs pays no attention to offense, we have nobody to run the offense? once again, this is on Walker, Evan, AB, Grimes. TBH, that?s the worst backcourt in NBA. Thank you, Perry and Rose.

It?s on Thibbs for not playing Obi and IQ more?

The Tandem Obi & IQ controlled the tempo well early in the 4th quarter, and having MitchRob in their lineup holding on to a 15 pt lead. Mitchrob should've stayed in the game to keep increasing the Knicks lead untill he foul out.
Toppin's energy should've played 8 min in the 4th quarter alongside Quickley to keep the Knicks 15 pt lead until 4 min remain in the game.

We all know the Starter lineup has not improve their performance this season !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
First NYK ever to score 27 in 7 straight? Julius Randle.

Trade Randle !!!
The most ironic thing of all of this is Thibs getting destroyed by rookies left and right while he refuses to give our rookies any chances unless forced to by COVID or injuries.
The irony is glorious.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Trade Randle !!!
The most ironic thing of all of this is Thibs getting destroyed by rookies left and right while he refuses to give our rookies any chances unless forced to by COVID or injuries.
The irony is glorious.

at this point the lottery is what we can hope for......THIBS refuses to change anything.........the issue is if he the coach next season he will continue with the lack off minutes. A guy like Toppin has no idea where he stands.
I know these are NBA PLAYER making tons of player but they are still so young........why is we can't give players minutes and see what happens.................last night was embarrassing

mafra

Legend
3-13 last 19? schedule isn?t getting easier? Assembly of alphas in our front office already splintering, with some looking for a fall guy? make no mistake, Thibbs has a target on him and might take the hit for this failure.

Not on him tho? no talent.

Thibbs not the right coach for a rebuild
Or for modern NBA. But, who wants 7 coaches in 8 years?

Broadway

All Star
3-13 last 19? schedule isn?t getting easier? Assembly of alphas in our front office already splintering, with some looking for a fall guy? make no mistake, Thibbs has a target on him and might take the hit for this failure.

Not on him tho? no talent.

Thibbs not the right coach for a rebuild
Or for modern NBA. But, who wants 7 coaches in 8 years?

Buckle Up Folks!!!

mafra

Legend
I was just coming to comment on that article? Say what you will about Thibbs, but he?s accomplished 10x more in NBA than Worldwide Wes.

What has Rose and Wes done since they arrived? You can argue, that every decision they made, aside from
Dealing for D-Rose last year, has failed?

They took Obi instead of TH; Grimes over Thomas?. Every free agent signing has been a disaster, and they?ve failed to make any significant trades at both trade deadlines and during free agency last year.

Wes and Rose have been here for 2 years? the roster is as bad now as it was before they arrived?. And? have they have moved needle on players wanting to come to NY? Nope. We still a national disgrace!

They couldn?t even get top free agents to talk to them last summer.

Some nerve, based on 24 months of failures, to assign blame elsewhere.

This tells me the wrong people are running things. They ain?t men. They don?t have an answers.

It?s a lot easier to make deals as a PR guy or a facilitator or an agent? a lot tougher when you?re a GM or team exec and you are on the spot.

2 years!!!

Where are the deals and how are their relationships around NBA helping the Knicks?

It doesn?t matter what group of 5 Thibbs plays, they all stink. That?s ok Wes, Perry and Rose. Not Thibbs!

Knicks have worst backcourt I?ve seen in NBA in years, and NYK have fielded 2 decades of awful G groups