Game thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 1/17/2021 1:00pm [Game #43]

Surprisingly, we shot about the same from the floor as Charlotte and we outrebounded them. Having twice as many turnovers seems to have been our downfall, not to mention shooting 52% from the line.

Both Randle and RJ had double doubles. No one else seemed to have much impact.

mafra

Legend
Knicks shot 22-47 from inside the three-point arc. CHA played a zone, dare the NYK guards to make a jumper.

They put the guards in the P&R and feasted on their inability to stop MB.

Energy was terrible. CHA played like a team who understood what was at stake today. NYK weren?t prepared to handle the zone?

Broadway

All Star
Just an ugly game for us. Sometimes you just have to say it wasn?t your day. Still time to make a run though.

Looking at our schedule going forward and how inconsistent this team has played and how we?re coached?we?re definitely not making a run regardless of time remaining

Cam trade was solid on paper, although we could?ve just drafted the kid who killed us today(Bridges) instead of that Bum Knox?I always hated the pick and Fizdale tried hard to sell it to us. We?d be A LOT better off had we

I know there?s a crop of fans who could care less about the results cuhz they?ve gotten into the bag New Yorkers love the most?selling the stories of grandeur that a star is coming, Zion to save us for all eternity(a bunch of goofies)

This franchise all but killed all my joy I had in it. Thibs really fumbled the Kemba situation badly folks, like miserably bad

Last edited:
Looking at our schedule going forward and how inconsistent this team has played and how we?re coached?we?re definitely not making a run regardless of time remaining

Cam trade was solid on paper, although we could?ve just drafted the kid who killed us today(Bridges) instead of that Bum Knox?I always hated the pick and Fizdale tried hard to sell it to us. We?d be A LOT better off had we

I know there?s a crop of fans who could care less about the results cuhz they?ve gotten into the bag New Yorkers love the most?selling the stories of grandeur that a star is coming, Zion to save us for all eternity(a bunch of goofies)

This franchise all but killed all my joy I had in it. Thibs really fumbled the Kemba situation badly folks, like miserably bad

Yeah, the Kemba situation was baffling.

Zion isn?t coming and even if he did, he?d play 2 games and be out for 2 years.

The path to turning this team from a play-in team to a contender is hard to see.

Atlanta showing everyone how quick you can go from a team that pushed for the Eastern Conference Finals to a lottery team. As far as I can tell, their mistake was sticking with their same guys, but seemed reasonable in the off-season.

mafra

Legend

Thought that today too. We passed on SGA and Bridges for Knox. Hard to believe we scouted Kentucky, and thought KK was the better Wildcat.

Today is a reminder why we need to give Cam some run with the starters. Evan is more bad than good.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm switching back to my Undercover series on Netflix

Word! Ferry's Crazy antics has wife n me staying up late watching episode after episode !!!

The embarrassed Knicks Loss to Hornets on MLK day at the Garden ..
Hornets was without their Star player LaMelo Ball, and their top role-player Oubre.
The Hornets only scored 11 pts in the 4th qtr., yet beat the Knicks by 10 pts.

Well, it look like Burks & Fournier (3-9 FT) performance today has had enough of Thibs favorite tandem Randle & RJ Barrett's lazy Bullshuut in the starter lineup.
If your 2 best players (Randle/Barrett) are getting destroyed by Miles Bridges 14-20 FG for a season high 38 pts, plus ur 2 best players combine for 13-34 FG shooting for 36 pts, should the Knicks fans crowd start yelling consistently "Obi Toppin! And the 2nd unit bench lineup." at the Garden the next 3 games vs under .500 opponents.

MitchRob & Obi Toppin are so under-utilized in Thibs offense its pitiful.
MitchRob are fighting for every rebound, plus dunks everything around the basket. And Obi Toppin speed and athletic above the rim hops scores easily in transition.
Head coach Thibs foolishness (without coach Woodson) believe he can win every game on 48 min of Randle/Barrett half-court offense, and mediocre defense.
The pair are not Star-Players, and does not deserve to play over 30 min a game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thought that today too. We passed on SGA and Bridges for Knox. Hard to believe we scouted Kentucky, and thought KK was the better Wildcat.
Today is a reminder why we need to give Cam some run with the starters. Evan is more bad than good.

There's one thing so many Knicks fans today are forgetting when mentioning the Knicks should of drafted one of the Bridges, or SGA. All three players would've been in the same BOAT as Knox today, if the Knicks would have drafted them. The Knicks had a BUM president, a BUM GM, a BUM head-coach, and a BUM roster without a leader the day the Knicks drafted Knox.

1) SGA spent his rookie season under Doc Rivers coaching, and Chris Paul running the show.
2) Mikal Bridges were on his way to becoming just a defensive Frank on the Suns, until Chris Paul arrived and turned the franchise around.
3) Miles Bridges & Knox were equal in their performance, until LaMelo Ball arrived to wake-up the (Dead) Jordan Charlotte Hornets.

For over a decade the Knicks owner Dolan refuse to get the Knicks team a decent offense/defense head-coach & staff, plus never going after any of the league top FA PG, or selecting a team-leader PG out of the draft.
Right now .. The Knicks FO, and every long time Knicks fan should be shouting give Philly what they want to get Ben Simmons to be the Knicks decade future leader PG !!!

SAY IT AGAIN, KIYA, Please!!!
The Knicks now only have one more Phil and Gaines player to get rid of and that MRob.
It funny how the Knicks would play MRob who has not improved since his rookie season. But never gave Frank and Knox a chance.
They have all of their players now?. There was a future when Phil was there and when he pushed out the door.

mafra

Legend
Knicks acted liked some fantasy chump. So flummoxed GSW took Curry, they choked the next pick.

I still recall the punch in the gut that draft. He made it passed MIN?s 2 picks?. 1 pick away from dantoni and SSOL in NY.

PickTeamPlayer
7WarriorsStephen Curry
8KnicksJordan Hill
9RaptorsDeMar DeRozan
Ski, who was the Knicks coach?
Was he a big man coach? Remember the time we are talking about.
Did Hill have a couple of good years with the Lakers until ?Jungle Dan? showed up again in his life.
With no one to develop a big man? how to you expect him to success. That coach was a PG coach and nothing more.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
If we had Jordan Hill on the roster today there are some fans on here that would want him playing instead of RJ Barrett.

so true................Derozan or Hill hmmmmmmmmm

but I guess he would have been a bust s well if ended up as a knicks......as would curry if walsh pulled the trigger on the trade............