Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets (2014/11/02)

5-second violation on the Hornets. Not going to lie, that didn't seem like the Hornets took any longer to inbound the ball than on any other play to me. Good for us, but maybe the Hornets just got screwed. Oh well, let's win this game.

I like how Fisher put Stat back in the game for that last offensive possession, but just wish they had gotten him the ball, Stat lives for these kind of opportunities. One more defensive stop is needed now. Let's do this!

Yes! Stood up to the iso play by Kemba and no miracle play for the Hornets after Melo hits one of two at the line. Knicks win! The new look Knicks win by 3!

Kiyaman

Legend
5-second violation on the Hornets. Not going to lie, that didn't seem like the Hornets took any longer to inbound the ball than on any other play to me. Good for us, but maybe the Hornets just got screwed. Oh well, let's win this game.

I thought they were going to recheck that

Kiyaman

Legend
Yes! Stood up to the iso play by Kemba and no miracle play for the Hornets after Melo hits one of two at the line. Knicks win! The new look Knicks win by 3!

Kemba was suppose to make that shot to push this game to overtime

Melo with 28 on 12 for 22 shooting. Stat with the 17 and 10. Shump coming up huge on both ends of the court. Prigioni logging huge 2nd half minutes to close out the game. Game balls all around.

Kiyaman

Legend
A crunch-time Knicks WIN!!!!!

Last season we couldn't buy a win at crunchtime bc of our head-coach and ISO-Melo.
Tonight, Melo played 34 minutes .. lastseason Melo would have 34 minutes in the 3rd qtr., and would shoot 24% in the 4th qtr..
Give this WIN to Coach Fisher .. 2 wins in a row
LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I was happy when Fisher took JR and THJ out of the game. Their Defense-stunk!
Plus Neal was scoring on both JR & THJ at will, and Lance started going to the line consistently.
I was sad when Fisher took Acy out and put JR in the game. I wanted to yell at the TV "Its crunchtime Fisher, put Stat back in".

DrB

Benchwarmer
I like how Fisher put Stat back in the game for that last offensive possession, but just wish they had gotten him the ball, Stat lives for these kind of opportunities. One more defensive stop is needed now. Let's do this!
The season depends on a healthy STAT.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Great win, many people would say the Knicks struggled in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, but at this point I'll be happy with any W.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Great win, many people would say the Knicks struggled in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, but at this point I'll be happy with any W.

Struggling against a pretty good team is normal. This is the NBA. You can't expect to always be on hot streaks. The Hornets have a lot of talent and it's ridiculous to think that you can always beat a good team by a large margin. The Knicks so far have beaten two solid playoff-caliber teams and are 2-1. Things could be worse. Much worse.

tiger0330

Legend
Things can only get better. I think most believed the Knicks would struggle early in the season for the obvious reasons but would get better as they developed chemistry and learned this new system. Well we beat the number 2 seed in their building and beat a pretty good team in the Hornets, I'm thrilled.

Stat doesn't surprise me, he was a factor last season and JR has always been streaky but I think he'll give you more good games than bad ones and should be a net positive, same with Shump and Timmy. I like our role players also, best bunch I think we've had here since Sheed, Kidd and Thomas.

I think by early Dec. we should know where we stand barring injuries.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did I miss something? Oh I surely did.

Melo sits down Knicks go up 15. Melo comes back in Hornets cut the lead to two heading into halftime.
THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

This is Melo team for the next 5 years .. expect the Good, Bad, and ugly

Did I miss something? Oh I surely did.

Melo sits down Knicks go up 15. Melo comes back in Hornets cut the lead to two heading into halftime.
THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

This is Melo team for the next 5 years .. expect the Good, Bad, and ugly

I don't know, man, Melo was on the floor the entire time in the 1st quarter when we built that early 10 point lead. He also was on the floor in the 2nd quarter when we extended the lead to 15 on his layup. I don't think there was any correlation between Melo entering the game and us losing a lead.

DrB

Benchwarmer
I watched the replay 4 times tracking players not the ball. 1. The first team Dalenbert, Acy, Melo, Shumpert and Larkin ran the triangle to perfection in the first quarter with Melo buying in. The second unit did well too. Stat ,JR, Jason Smith, Prigioni, and THJ are getting some chemistry as well. There s no doubt that with Calderon and Bargnani back DFish has enough tools to make the play offs. MELO says this team is completely different in ENERGY this year than last years team which lost 13 of the first 16 games. He blamed no one but obviously FELTON and Chandler are gone. I believe the SWITCHING defense put too much pressure on Chandler and FELTON...nah not going there. If the KNICKS beat the RAPTORS that would be an attention getter around the league.

tiger0330

Legend
DrB - I'm sure if Melo were pressed to name a name it would be Woodson. Give all the credit to Coach Fisher for taking this team to where they are now, it's still too early to name him COY but he hasn't struggled with his in game decisions like you would expect of a rookie coach and he's a bona fide leader you can see that.