CLE.gif

(3-2) -- (4-1)

VenueTVTIME
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland, OHMSG6:00 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
It's Half-Time .. Knicks 59 - Cavs 62

Knicks are hanging in their vs Donovan Mitchell Cavs
Randle & Brunson are off but Barrett & Toppin & Hart stepped-up to do the scoring in the first half.
MitchRob having problems scoring over Cavs BIG frontcourt
The Cavs Mitchell 19 pts & Love 13 pts

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 93 - Cavs 84

The Knicks made a charge in the 3rd qtr. off of Hart Fournier and Brunson stepping up

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks having a 9 pt lead should just shoot 2 pt shots, missing consecutive 3's are how the Cavs may come back

mafra

Legend
Of course,I get out of baseball practice. Knicks up 9. Turn on game just in time to see Cavs go on a 20-2 run.

30-10 so far in 4th.

This game perfect example of the new age of hoops. Knicks had 56-26 edge in paint but Cabs have 22 threes to NY?s 10?

Donovan Mitchell has 8 and Love has 7 threes

Broadway

All Star
Of course,I get out of baseball practice. Knicks up 9. Turn on game just in time to see Cavs go on a 20-2 run.

30-10 so far in 4th.

This game perfect example of the new age of hoops. Knicks had 56-26 edge in paint but Cabs have 22 threes to NY?s 10?

Donovan Mitchell has 8 and Love has 7 threes

Looking like we're not as good as the GOOD teams. Brunson started a little slow this game and Fournier was awful down the stretch

mafra

Legend
Big 3 of Randle, Brunson, RJ disappear in 4th. Second into wasn?t better, for they gave lead away. But CLE has a superstar and NYK don?t. That?s why Leon needed to get D-Mitch. That game was their first the taking?. But D/Mitch wasn?t gonna lose and NYK couldn?t do anything.

When you miss 8 FT, and Kevin Love outplays your entire team off the bench?. You?re gonna lose. Cavs made 8 to 10 3s in 4th? CLE had 3 guys catch fire? had 2 4-point plays down the stretch.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Donovan Mitchell Cavs beat the Knicks 121 - 108
The Knicks had a 9 pt lead to start the 4th quarter
Plus the Cavs all-star player Garland was in street clothe
How? How? How?

The Knicks 4th quarter defense did not show up for 12 min allowing the Cavs to score 37 points, while the Knicks scored 15 pts in the final quarter.
I guess that's what they mean by "the Cavs wanted the WIN more than the Knicks" !!!

mafra

Legend
Looking like we're not as good as the GOOD teams. Brunson started a little slow this game and Fournier was awful down the stretch

Brunson and Randle and RJ got run off the floor in 4th. Not sure if they?re feeling each other out?. But somebody needs to step up a score.

Thibbs with poor second half subbing?. It infuriates me to see Evan in the game down the stretch. If he?s not draining 3s then get him out. Felt like D-Rose only one who could score at end, when CLE stepped up the defense?. But D-Rose hasn?t been playing any defense this year?.

Tough loss. They needed to take this or the MEM game to show they are worthy. Right now, still just a 40 win 8th seed type team.

Really disappointed nobody stepped up in 4th but Cavs caught fire?. And this wasn?t a game you circled as a win, so no harm no foul. They battled, and that?s what I wanted to see.

But? 0-2 now on this brutal 7-game swing.

mafra

Legend
I think Mitchell outscored Brunson, RJ, Randle combined. Ouch. Love outscored 2/3 of our top dawgs.

Knicks fall to 3-3.

Still, this team gonna lose on road against the top teams. Without a star?. How can they win a game in 4th when score is close?

Ja took over. Giannis took over. DMitch took over. In MEM, Brunson rose to challenger. Haven?t seen anybody step up the other 2.

mafra

Legend
Knicks played well on road in all 3 games and could?ve won but they need to play well for 48 minutes? not 24 or 36 or 42.

Donovan Mitchell finished Sunday's win over the Knicks with 38 points (12-of-20 FGs, 6-of-8 FTs), three rebounds, 12 assists, one steal, two blocks, and eight 3-pointers in 37 minutes.
Mitchell continues to flourish in his new home, and Sunday's victim was that team many expected to acquire him this past offseason. Mitchell hit five 3-pointers in the first quarter, then shot 4-of-6 from the field in the fourth to lead the Cavs to the win. Mitchell has scored 30 or more in five of his first six games as a Cavalier, joining esteemed company in the process. The last player with this kind of record after joining a new team was Wilt Chamberlain, who scored 30 or more in his first six games as a Warriors in 1959. Look for Mitchell to continue to post gaudy numbers, especially with Darius Garland (eye) still sidelined.

Broadway

All Star
Brunson and Randle and RJ got run off the floor in 4th. Not sure if they?re feeling each other out?. But somebody needs to step up a score.

Thibbs with poor second half subbing?. It infuriates me to see Evan in the game down the stretch. If he?s not draining 3s then get him out. Felt like D-Rose only one who could score at end, when CLE stepped up the defense?. But D-Rose hasn?t been playing any defense this year?.

Tough loss. They needed to take this or the MEM game to show they are worthy. Right now, still just a 40 win 8th seed type team.

Really disappointed nobody stepped up in 4th but Cavs caught fire?. And this wasn?t a game you circled as a win, so no harm no foul. They battled, and that?s what I wanted to see.

But? 0-2 now on this brutal 7-game swing.

Brunson has to play at an All-Star near All-Star level fluidly throughout a game in order for us to win. Thibs over coaches at times or not at all IMO, EF will forever be a tease...can only hope Grimes gets healthy soon and be given his spot entirely. We gave EF an unnecessary extension

I didn't mind not trading for DM it would've made our team thin as hell, although I don't like the structure of our roster. I would like to see Sims get some burn but Hartenstein has been solid

mafra

Legend
Obi got schooled by Love last night. He left him wide open over and over again. Bang! 3 after 3 after 3?.

Yes, let?s hope Q Grimes can dislodge Evan from the starting gig.

RJ shutdown Lavert.

Randle gobbled up by Mobley?

mafra

Legend
Cavaliers 121, Knicks 108: ?I?m mad?
Donovan Mitchell was so comfy eviscerating the Knicks he needn?t have changed into his uniform.
By MMiranda Oct 30, 2022, 11:08pm EDT

The Cleveland Cavaliers have arguably two future Hall of Famers on their roster, three if Evan Mobley hits the way many think he will. Vegas would pro?ly give you long odds on the New York Knicks having two future All-Stars on theirs. There?s no shorter or simpler explanation for the Cavs? 121-108 victory of the Knicks. Donovan Mitchell was the game?s first star, Kevin Love was second and maybe Dean Wade was third. Mitchell went into god mode late in the fourth, a nauseating sinkhole of a frame that saw the Knicks outscored 37-15 and out-3?d 8-0. New York didn?t lose because of any one player. Still, for the purposes of a recap lasting longer than this paragraph, consider RJ Barrett.

The box score says this was a bounceback effort for Rowan. He entered the night 7 for 28 on 3s, yet made three for four from deep. He and Evan Fournier were the only starters to make at least half their shots. And the truth is Barrett has been an active nihilist?s dream during his time in New York: still soooo young, won?t even reach his prime until, what, 2028? If the destination lies beyond your view, all you can do is focus on the journey. Everything RJ ever does is reason for optimism; his struggles we accept, knowing what a harder worker he is, knowing he cares. For Knick fans who missed the Patrick Ewing draft, Barrett?s the closest we?ve come to the rareified air of the messiahsphere, a paradise we only see in dreams, where G.O.A.T.s and #1 draft picks are on their way to MSG to save us all.

Barrett gave up two 4-point plays in the fourth quarter, and while that isn?t something he?s famous for, this L pissed me off enough that I have no interest in being fair or rational tonight. Instead, I have questions. Let?s begin with a simple one. What does RJ Barrett do, exactly?

Here, not counting last summer?s draft, are the last 10 players chosen third in the draft: Bradley Beal; Otto Porter Jr; Joel Embiid; Jahlil Okafor; Jaylen Brown; Jayson Tatum; Luka Don?i?; RJ; LaMelo Ball; Mobley. Three of those names have been MVP-level. Seven have been All-Star level. The other three have been Porter, Okafor and Barrett.

It?s easy to know what skill these players possessed that led them to be chosen so high. Luka and Embiid came with question marks but with upsides recognized as transcendent. Beal and Tatum offered oodles of offense. Brown and Mobley were tantalizing two-way talents. LaMelo was an elite passer even before he was drafted. Porter? Size at the wing, wingspan and athleticism. Okafor? Much of 2015 he and not Karl-Anthony Towns was the projected #1 overall pick, which happens when you?re 6?10?, 270 and average 17 on 67% shooting.

And RJ? Availability is a skill ? Barrett?s played more minutes than any of his draft peers ? but the draft is like love: most people want more from it than just ?They?re there.? No team would take him over Zion Williamson or Ja Morant, obvs. What about the two taken after him? De?Andre Hunter hasn?t been as durable, but he?s a better shooter and defender. Darius Garland is already an All-Star. How about further down the draft? Would you rather have RJ or Tyler Herro? RJ or Jordan Poole? RJ or Kevin Porter Jr.?

It?s possible the little devil on my shoulder was asking these questions louder than usual tonight because of the presence and essence of Mitchell, who Mike Breen, a Mets fan, kept calling ?Kevin.? The Mets traded Kevin Mitchell, ironically, due to concern that he?d be a bad influence on Dwight Gooden and Darryl Strawberry. Mitchell went on to win MVP in 1989. Did another New York team err by letting another Mitchell get away from them? Should the Knicks have pulled the trigger and traded for Donovan when Danny Ainge was on the side of the road flashing some leg? In August I firmly felt the Knicks should keep their depth, that Utah wanted too much, and that if Mitchell loves the Knicks so much he can sign as a free agent in a couple years. On Halloween Eve, I don?t know what I think anymore.

I promised a lack of rationality, and that?s where this recap fades out. Quoth kaisersoser37: ?I?m mad.? I am. My emotions have been all over the place this season. Maybe I need the Knicks as an escape more than I have in a while. Maybe this was always the most likely outcome for this game, and like Memphis and Milwaukee before it just chalk it up to a road L against a superior foe, and the next game, home vs. Atlanta Wednesday, is their latest chance to beat somebody good. Maybe Mitchell?s a Knick in a few years, alongside Barrett, ushering in a golden age. If so, I?ll look back on this night as ?Oh, how weird and cool was that?? For now, I?m just pissed. How you doing?

RJ is taking the other team best scorer to show he is up for the challenge.

DM scored how many?? And Ja scored how many?? ETC..

The center position(like the SF) is a big problem/Concern from what I see. D. Cousins is sitting out there.