i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Cleveland Cavaliers
New York Knicks
Dylan Windler - Left foot sprain (OUT)Quentin Grimes - Right shoulder contusion (QUEST)
-Jericho Sims - Sore right shoulder (OUT)

Game Preview

If Cleveland wants to reach the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, the Cavaliers must do something they haven't done in more than 30 years.

Battle back from a 2-1 series deficit without LeBron James.

Cleveland will begin its comeback bid Sunday afternoon when it attempts to take back home-court advantage against the host New York Knicks in Game 4 of the first-round series.

The Cavaliers haven't successfully climbed out of a 2-1 hole without James since 1992, when Brad Daugherty, Larry Nance and Mark Price led the Cavaliers past the Boston Celtics in a second-round series.

Although Cleveland is now faced with a daunting task, it certainly doesn't plan on backing down.

"A lot of these guys are new here, but some of these guys know what it takes and they're not wavering at any point," Cavaliers veteran Danny Green said. "They know what we're capable of, they know what we can do.

"Everybody wants to win. Everybody's competing and wants to fix the mistakes right away. They want to play right now. Thankfully we have a quick turnaround. ... For these young guys, I think they're excited for the next step, the next challenge, and that's Game 4."

A brutal first half set the wrong tone for Cleveland in Game 3, as the Cavaliers scored just 32 points in the opening two quarters. New York ran away with the game from there, leading by as many as 27 points before capturing a 99-79 victory.

"I think early on, it was the nerves," Cleveland coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. "As the game progressed, I think it was more about trust than anything. We stopped trusting in doing the right thing and just tried to do a lot on our own."

While the Cavaliers are trying to avoid the brink of elimination, the Knicks are riding the momentum of Friday's win. And with another chance to play at Madison Square Garden on Sunday, New York is hopeful that it can take another step toward winning its first playoff series since 2013.

"It's special," Knicks wing Josh Hart said of the atmosphere at home. "I think everyone felt the energy. The atmosphere was amazing. It's hard to put into words, man. It's something that you dream of as a little kid.

"We meet (Cleveland) again on Sunday, and you know it's going to be rocking."

New York is looking to replicate its defensive performance from Friday. The Knicks baffled the Cavs' star backcourt duo of Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland, held to just 32 points on 13-of-40 (32.5 percent) shooting.

Cleveland's 79 points were also the fewest scored by a team in the NBA this season.

"I thought we had good overall activity, good intensity," New York coach Tom Thibodeau said. "Guys were connected. Did a good job challenging shots and then finishing."

Jalen Brunson led the Knicks' offensive attack in Game 3, supplying team highs of 21 points and six assists. RJ Barrett chipped in 19 points, while Hart posted 13 off the bench.

--Field Level Media

( STATS / cbssports.com )

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Harts starting for injured Grimes, Knicks with a 15-10 start of the game, Cavs call timeout

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks up 30-23 at the end of the first. Brunson wit 11 pts, Hart with 9 and missed an opportunity to give the Knicks their first double digit lead after missing a second free throw. LeVert rebounded and Mobley finished with a dunk to cut the lead at 7

rady

Administrator
Staff member
McBride nails the three after the Cavs scored the first bucket of the second quarter, 33-25

rady

Administrator
Staff member
fantastic assist from Brunson for Mitchell who tipped it in with one hand while getting fouled. Mitch made the free and the Knicks are now leading 43-31

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks controlling the game on both ends this quarter. Cavs can't do shit on the offensive side, Knicks are 16-8 in 2nd q. 8 offensive rebounds to just 3 by the Cavs

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Cavs made a late comeback and managed to cut the lead to 7 after the Knicks led by as many as 15. Halftime, Knicks up 54-45. Brunson 16 pts, Barrett 12, Hart 11

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Cleveland look like a different team after halftime and have taken the lead 63-61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks regain the lead at the end of the third as Brunson hits a 3 with 4s left. 73-71

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Game Thread .. I hate these early morning games ....
Barrett scoring consecutive baskets in the 4th qtr. giving Knicks a 5 pt lead

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing effort from Barrett and Hart, Knicks take a 9 point lead with 5:21 left!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Game Thread .. I hate these early morning games ....
Barrett scoring consecutive baskets in the 4th qtr. giving Knicks a 5 pt lead

Unfortunately these are the only ones I can watch live from Sunday to Thursday

rady

Administrator
Staff member
100-90c 40 something seconds left, no way we gonna lose this, Knicks in 5!!

Kiyaman

Legend
49 sec left in game Knicks 100 - Cavs 90
Garland hit a 3, then foul Knicks to stop the clock at 41 sec
Knicks let the shot clock run out fot a 102-93 Knicks win in MSG.
The Knicks lead the series 3-1 over Cavs

Toppin played the entire 12 min of the 4th quarter .. Thibs finally bench Randle!
Our all-star Brunson had 29 pts, 6 rbs, 6 ast, 1 steal, annd a block shot .. Amazing!
RJ Barrett showed up a consecutive time playing winning ball for 26 pts
MitchRob had his average game 12 pts, 11 rbs, 2 Blocks, and 7 offensive rebounds for 2nd chance shots.
Josh Hart starting for Grimes gave us 19 pts, 7 rbs, 2 ast, 2 steals, and a 4th quarter hustle that that took away any chance of a Cavs win.