Game thread: New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 1/27/2024 3:00pm [Game #46]

mafra

Legend
It looks like it’s the shoulder. It’s becoming an annual tradition… Heat can’t beat Randle so they hurt him. MIA and Bam hurt him last year, this year it’s the rookie clipping Randle low taking a blocking foul down 20 with 4 minutes left.

mafra

Legend
The New York Knicks have received news that Julius Randle, who suffered a nasty injury against the Miami Heat after taking a hard fall, has dislocated his shoulder. Adrian Wojnarowski reports that there wasn’t much damage in the X-ray and that there will be an MRI tonight, and the Knicks dodged a potential bullet here with their second-best scorer on the season. Randle, who has elevated his play in the new year, avoids a more serious injury that could have required surgery or even ended his season.
More details about a timeline are yet to come, but the Knicks could have avoided a worst-case scenario in what was a seemingly ugly injury at first.

Knicks May Have Avoided a Worst-Case Scenario with Julius Randle​

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle played all (45) Knicks game this season averaging 36 minutes per game.
After that terrible fall on his shoulder today ..........
The Knicks keep playing Randle & Brunson above 32 minutes in games when their service are no longer needed for the game win? Are asking for injuries to pile-up on their star players throughout the regular-season.

Hey Kiya this is what you been preaching about as long as I can remember. Well Thib’s finally pushed his out dated philosophy to far… now what.
It will be interesting to see how management handles this situation. There aren’t any players that are available as I write this. I guess the biggest question is who would fit into Thib’s offense and play?
Getting rid of Obi is showing what you should do and not to do.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Happy Championship Sunday everyone! GO CHIEFS! I taped the matinee since I work Saturdays! Great win! Jalen Brunson should have been a lock EC all-star but I’m sure the snub will fuel his fire! Loved listening to Hubie do the game and describing the kids work ethic! Hubie Brown is a legend over 90 years old still doing games he’s hands down my favorite announcer. He teaches you the game. Hubie is a national treasure like the late Dr Jack Ramsey. Sounds like JR will be ok dirty Heat as always. We need someone to step up in that Oakley/Mason to protect our players! I was sorry to see IQ/RJ go but team chemistry much better with Obi Wan Kenobi:) not needing the ball to do major damage. Let’s go how bout them CHIEFS! Took me 50 years to see a Superbowl now we the PM15 Golden age and I’m hoping JB can do the same for my Knicks! We deserve it local Chicago suburbs kid JB grew 15 minutes from where I live and has won on every level high school, college, and can lead us to that long awaited Chip. We can match up with ANY team out west as evidenced by the beat down we laid on the Nuggets last week!

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey Kiya this is what you been preaching about as long as I can remember. Well Thib’s finally pushed his out dated philosophy to far… now what.
It will be interesting to see how management handles this situation. There aren’t any players that are available as I write this. I guess the biggest question is who would fit into Thib’s offense and play?
Getting rid of Obi is showing what you should do and not to do.

The Obi factor in effect .. putting Randle in a game that's already won late in the 4th quarter to build Randle's individual stats caught up to Thibs & Randle.
At the end of the 3rd quarter Randle had already played 30 minutes, and showed exhaustion and no effort when the Heat went on a 13-3 run to tie the score in the 3rd quarter. Randle did end the quarter with a 3-ball to give us a 89-86 lead. Randle was on the bench when the Knicks Brunson/OG/and bench players built a 17 point lead 6 minute into the 4th quarter easy.
Coach Thibs didn't know or care bout how exhausted Randle was in the 3rd quarter after playing 30 minutes.