i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Miami Heat
New York Knicks
Jimmy Butler - Sprained right ankle (DAY-2-DAY)Jalen Brunson - Sore right ankle (OUT)
Victor Oladipo - Patellar tendon surgery (OUT)Julius Randle - Sprained left ankle (QUEST)
Tyler Herro - Broken right hand (OUT)Jericho Sims - Sore right shoulder (OUT)

Game Preview

Injury concerns remain at the forefront for both the Miami Heat and host New York Knicks heading into Game 2 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series on Tuesday.

Heat star Jimmy Butler rolled his right ankle and tumbled to the floor after a foul by Josh Hart with 5:05 remaining in the fourth quarter of the series opener. Butler remained in Sunday's game and gutted his way through most of the rest of the contest in eighth-seeded Miami's 108-101 victory over fifth-seeded New York.

"You just don't know with ankle sprains," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said after the game. "I don't even know if we'll know more by (Monday). We'll just have to see. It'll be a waiting game."

The waiting game isn't a long one with Game 2 of the best-of-seven series on the horizon, although there are three days off before Game 3 on Saturday in Miami.

Butler collected team highs in points (25) and rebounds (11) to go along with four assists and two steals in the series opener. He is averaging 35.5 points per game in the playoffs -- more than double his nearest teammate (Bam Adebayo, 17.2).

"That's our guy. He's our star. He's our franchise player," Kyle Lowry said of Butler. "We always want him to get up and the thoughts are hopefully he's OK but if he's not, we got to find, hold it down. ... But this is what he does. He finished the game and he's a tough dude."

While Butler was able to finish Game 1, New York's star forward Julius Randle was unable to start it due to a sprained left ankle. He aggravated the injury in Game 5 of the first-round series against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday.

Randle boasted team-best averages in points (25.1) and rebounds (10.0) to go along with 4.1 assists in the regular season.

"Any time you're down, especially an All-Star like him, you're going to miss him and we did (on Sunday)," said RJ Barrett, who finished with 26 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.

With Obi Toppin starting in place of Randle, the Knicks shot just 20.6 percent from 3-point range (7-for-34) on Sunday and were outscored 39-21 from beyond the arc. They also misfired on eight of 20 free-throw attempts.

"They picked up the intensity, played hard and made shots. We didn't," Barrett said.

Jalen Brunson, who averaged 24.0 points per game in the first round, finished with 25 on Sunday -- albeit on 23 field-goal attempts. He was 0-for-7 from 3-point range, while Barrett (1-for-5) and Hart (0-for-4) also had their struggles from beyond the arc.

"I was horrific," said Brunson, who committed a team-high five turnovers. "Very uncharacteristic by me and this one's on me. I've got to be better."

Gabe Vincent had a strong night for the Heat, draining five of Miami's 13 3-pointers and finishing with 20 points. Lowry added 18 points off the bench and Adebayo collected 16 points and eight rebounds for the Heat.

--Field Level Media

( STATS / cbssports.com )

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for Game 2 Thread .. We are in a war tonight for a Must Win in MSG.
The Heats coach Spo playoff experience have the Heats veteran players (Lowry, Love, Bam, and Butler) on a level to do whatever it takes to win in the 2nd half of a playoff game. Coach Spo is on a 4 game win streak, and are 5-1 in the playoffs.
Do the Knicks need Randle tonight? Yes! But for only 28 minutes.
I really wish we had D.Rose in our regular season rotation for the playoffs.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Getting to watch the game on my way to the airport, just tuned in how are we looking?

Kiyaman

Legend
Quickley's tear drop floater Ends the First Quarter .. Knicks 31 - Heats 29
Barrett have 16 pts on 5-8 FG
Randle have 10 pts on 4-6 FG

Kiyaman

Legend
Hartenstein hustle is giving Bam problems.
Playing Barrett 15 straight minutes .. so early in the game make me wonder bout our head coach

Kiyaman

Legend
Our bench needs to finally start playing real ball. Hartenstein is the only one so far with an impact
Hart super smart finding Randle .. Randle two 3' keeping us in game

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks trail 51-54 at halftime, we gotta stop missing those free throws

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 51 - Heats 54
Barrett played 21 min, have 19 pts on 6-10 FG .. poor defense
Randle played 18 min, have 18 pts on 6-12 FG .. poor defense
Brunson played 20 min, have 7 pts on 1-6 FG, 2 ast, 1 steal
As a team16-40 FG (40%), 7-20 from 3's, and 12-17 FT

Kiyaman

Legend
End of the 3rd Quarter (No Butler)
Knicks 76 - Heats 77
Brunson played 31 min, have 20 pts on 6-13 FG
Randle 23 pts
Barrett 24 pts

Kiyaman

Legend
6 min remain in game TIED score at 93
The Brunson 3 and Hartenstein foul plus hitting the FT WOW!
Then Brunson tie the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hart hit a 3, then comeback miss the 3 but rebounds it go up for 2 and Randle rebound gets Foul hit both FT for a 106-100 lead .. 1 min remain in game

mafra

Legend
IQ, QG, OBI 0-8 from downtown. RJ 5-9 from 3Land.

Don’t hear much from the anti-Raj crowd these days. They pop up here and there…. But the 22 yr-old is the 3rd piece on a team tied 1-1 in second round of EC.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Epic win, can’t believe we pulled this off. There were a couple of suspicious plays that seemed to be in our favor, not sure how they called them, the foul on Hartenstein on Brunson’s 3 and the shot clock violation on the Heat, did we just got a break from the officials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: