home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Milwaukee BucksNew York Knicks
Wesley Matthews - Health and safety protocol (OUT)Obi Toppin - Covid-19 protocols (QUEST)
George Hill - Right knee hyperextension (QUEST)Kemba Walker - Out of rotation (OUT)
Semi Ojeleye - Right calf soreness (QUEST)-
Brook Lopez - Back surgery (OUT)-
Done DiVicenzo - Left ankle injury (OUT)-

Game Preview

The Milwaukee Bucks continue a four-game road swing on Sunday, visiting the recently struggling New York Knicks.

New York ended a three-game road trip on Friday with a 90-87 loss to Toronto, the Knicks' fifth defeat in their past six games. Just two of New York's starters, RJ Barrett with 19 points and Julius Randle with 13, scored in double figures against the Raptors.

The Knicks shot 35.8 percent from the floor, continuing a season-long struggle to find offensive consistency. New York entered Saturday's play ranked No. 24 in the NBA at 43.9 percent shooting from the floor on the season.

Obi Toppin gave the Knicks a spark off the bench in Friday's loss, matching Barrett with a team-high 19 points and grabbing 10 rebounds for his first career double-double. Both were career highs for the second-year forward.

"He's always been a confident guy. There's still a long way to go, but his progress has been steady," Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said in his postgame press conference. "If he plays well, he plays more. It's that simple."

Milwaukee comes into New York for what is the third game of its four-game road trip. The Bucks rebounded from a 113-104 loss on Wednesday in Miami with a 123-114 win at Houston on Friday.

Giannis Antetokounmpo went for 41 points on 15-of-19 shooting from the floor and had 17 rebounds in Friday's contest. His highest point total since scoring 47 against the Los Angeles Lakers on Nov. 17 came one game after Antetokounmpo matched his second-lowest scoring total of the season, 15 points on 4-of-13 shooting at Miami.

Milwaukee also got 21 points from Khris Middleton in Friday's win, his sixth consecutive game scoring at least 20 points. Middleton hit nine combined 3-pointers in the Bucks' past two outings.

"They're great players. Khris hit some shots, including some (3-pointers) and those are even more powerful," Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer said in his postgame press conference. "When you have a good team and have players like that, you're fortunate to put the ball in their hands and let them make plays."

The two-time Most Valuable Player Antetokounmpo and two-time All-Star Middleton lead Milwaukee at 27.6 and 18.2 points per game, respectively. New York did not see Middleton in either of the first two meetings with Milwaukee this season, which the teams split.

The Knicks held Antetokounmpo below his season average in both matchups, with 25 points in a 113-98 New York win on Nov. 5, and 15 points in a 112-100 Bucks win on Nov. 10.

Randle scored 32 points in the Knicks win, but half that in the loss on a night that he was the only New York starter to score in double figures.

Randle leads the Knicks this season with 19.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.

Both Milwaukee and New York come into their third meeting ranked in the league's top eight for 3-point shooting. The Bucks are connecting on 36.2 percent of attempts, and the Knicks are at 36.0 percent.

Game preview courtesy of:
--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Ab, RJ and Obi is health and safety protocols?. INdy coach had something and we just played them?

The Knicks are very short-handed with Alec Burks (personal) and RJ Barrett (protocols) added to the list of unavailable players. It's telling that Kemba Walker still won't be deployed despite the dire circumstances. Rose has already been chipping in low-end value off the bench, and both he and Immanuel Quickley should see elevated minutes and touches vs. the Bucks.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Grimes drains a 3. His 9th make of season?. He?s 9-21 on season (9-19 from downtown). Crazy. He can shoot the 3? but not 1 two-point bucket?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Grimes scored 13 points in the first half and the Knicks trail by 13 at halftime. 61-48
Knox with 13 minutes and 8 points but shooting just 3-9 from the field

metrocard

Legend
Every team in the NBA will shoot 40%3PT plus against us.

Grimes is a natural spot up shooter and this great news for us he's breaking out against a championship team. I hope he can crack 30 points tonight.

How did we let the Buck's sign D. Cousins??
With all the problem at Center we let this happen. Another case of sleeping at the wheel. PITFUL!!

This game should have been a time to do a lot of experimenting. Why start D. Rose? Don't start 'Q' but maybe McBride. Don't play Gibson at all. Play Sims instead. Running the ball and when you can't run plays for different player and move the ball side to side. Everybody touch the ball.

This happen if you got a coach that can coach!! We don't have that!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I'm watching the game on one screen and on the other waiting for the FIA rulling during the F1 race earlier. I'm really liking this Grimes kid, hope we'll see more of him from now on

mafra

Legend
Grimes gets the start. Scores 27. 7 threes. Have a seat Evan.

Knox showed up? have a seat AB.

Let?s see more of the kids.

Good showing as trade season about to open?

Didn't see the game. How did Knox look while playing?? Look at the stat's and he played 28 minutes. Thib's played him out of desperation, huh?

mafra

Legend
I listened, but announcer did mention how he was looking for his shot? but they were good shots, within the flow of the offense.

NYK beat MIl twice already? At least once? MIL came out ready to get this win? they have game tomorrow night? didn?t want another loss to NyK? they were healthy?.

Point is: MiL played some defense today. Supreme max effort to defend. So, it makes it even more impressive they didn?t let this thing swell to 25 points or something.

Grimes with a record 7 threes for NYK rookie.

Randle deferred and let the kids have their moment. At the very least? a showcase for Knox.

Clearly, tho, NYK need to play the kids more.

tiger0330

Legend
How did we let the Buck's sign D. Cousins??
With all the problem at Center we let this happen. Another case of sleeping at the wheel. PITFUL!!
Boogie has been a bust with every team he?s signed with since the Pels let him go. Guy has been going to contenders to win since he?s only getting the minimum so he wouldn?t sign with the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice game by Grimes, Thibs would be crazy not to give him more playing time when he?s searching for a winning lineup. I see a trade or FA signing soon with Dec 15 coming up, a guy I would like to get but he?s already on a two way with the Rox is the former Wiz Garrison Matthews, guy is a spark plug like TJ McConnell but can shoot the three. Guy has a 3pt. career 39% avg. and 40% this year. Not sure why the Wiz let him go, he was a fan favorite there.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice game by Grimes, Thibs would be crazy not to give him more playing time when he?s searching for a winning lineup. I see a trade or FA signing soon with Dec 15 coming up, a guy I would like to get but he?s already on a two way with the Rox is the former Wiz Garrison Matthews, guy is a spark plug like TJ McConnell but can shoot the three. Guy has a 3pt. career 39% avg. and 40% this year. Not sure why the Wiz let him go, he was a fan favorite there.

He's starting for the Rox and has made 5 3s in three of his last 5 games. Their prized rook Jalen Green is shooting less than 30% from downtown so Silas is going to have to decide whether he wants to develop Green or win with Mathews when he's healthy again.

Read the Wiz wanted to sign him to a two way but he wanted to have a better shot for a spot which seemed unlikely with Beal and Russ there so he signed with the rebuilding Rox

Last edited:
Boogie has been hurt and rehabing. Him signing with contender is a smart move on his part, huh? So Bust??
What do you consider Noel and MRob?? We need some offense from that position. Certainly more than the two of them give to the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Miss the early afternoon Game .. I'm more upset at missing rookie Grimes first time as a starter receiving 40 min of playing-time, dropping 27 pts, shooting 7-13 from the 3-ball line, getting 3 steals, 3 ast, and 3 rbs..
Yes! Better than all the 40 min games RJ Barrett had in the past 2 yrs as the Knicks starter SG.
Recall .. the Knicks last 3 summer league games in the offseason, Quickley, Obi, and Grimes dynamic performance were at the NBA level to go 3-0 without a problem.
Knox receiving 29 min of playing-time was another shocker for me and Knicks fans.
Knox had 19 pts, 5 rbs, and shot 5-12 from the 3-ball line. Decent!
Will Thibs allow Grimes & Knox to take part more in the regular-season rotation?
I only wish Knox would Stop shooting 3's, and start improving on defense-switches, plus work hard on a quick inside jumper on the left & right side of the court.

Head coach Thibs 15 point loss today, by getting outscored in all 4 quarters by using a 8 Man rotation against the championship Bucks 10 Man rotation. Well, that didn't go so well for Knicks fans at the Garden each quarter of a Sunday afternoon game.
Getting outscored on in each 4 quarters are a BIG thing when using only 8 players on the roster.
The majority of NBA games where a team is outscored on the first three quarters, usually outscore their opponent in the 4th quarter.
In the final 5 min in today's game the score were 104-85 Bucks (6 min it was 102-85 Bucks).
Why wasn't a fresh energy McBride given playing-time the final 6 min of the game for his NBA Growth ???

Kiyaman

Legend

Please! The Knicks don't need any more 3 point shooters on the team (We shot 17-49 today). We could use some team-offensive plays that work, and for Randle to start pushing the ball for ball-movement in a transition.
The Knicks are in desperate need of a couple of complimentary players (in a trade) to help all the Knicks individual players who don't get traded.