Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Oklahoma City Thunder 7:30pm 1/26/2016

mafra

Legend
Affalo misses first shot of OT... He's 5-18 now. I like the other AA from last two games that didn't score but rarely shot the ball. Geez. We win this game had AA hit 1 more shot.

We miss a FT... OKC starting to pull away.

Nevermind, Fisher puts Afflalo right back into the game. He goes right back into ball hog mode, but at least draws a foul and hits the free throws.

Galloway keeping us in the game. He hits a crazy long 3 to get the lead back to 1 and save what would have been another poor offensive possession.

Everyone's fired. We have the ball down by 1 and once again go to Afflalo in prolonged isolation who misses yet again. Thunder knock a shot down the other end to get the lead right back to 3.

mafra

Legend
120-119 and Affalo keeps going ISO-AA... Brick. He's now 5-19... A shame he ruined a marvelous team effort and lost game, basically, singlehandedly...

Outplayed badly by Redick, Lin, Waiters last 3 games. Ouch.

Why is AA still playing? Bench him!

mafra

Legend
So fortunate we have a prolific starting backcourt duo of Calderon-Affalo. Geez. They went to the Shump-Jr school of 11 bad games to 1 good game ratio...

mafra

Legend
LT forces a turnover... But refs call a non-existent foul. Too bad they can't review fouls like shots at the final buzzer. Tough break, especily since refs ate whistle entire 4th quarter.

mafra

Legend
Would be nice if Knicks put 3 guys on KD and not let one of the world's best FT shooters get the ball... Then again, they did focus defense on him and came up with a steal but ref decided to give OKC 2 free points instead.

Affalo, still in the game, bricks another shot... 6-21 on the night. Knicks falling deep belo .500 now... 3 and falling...

mafra

Legend
Fisher not letting Lopez play in the 4th qtr. always end with a Knicks LOSS

So true. Ibaka killed us on the off glass and we got 0 rebounds. Going small, and siting ROLO, Seraphim, KP at times... A killer...

Still... We win this game if not for AA. Words cannot describe how bad he's been this 3-game losing streak.

tiger0330

Legend
Got to lay this loss on AA. The guy was terrible, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Knicks showed some grit though and with the EC race pretty tight I think you have to be optimistic that a team without Melo that could take on a good team like OKC like they did can make the playoffs, today they started out in the 8th seed and with ORL and WAS losing we're still in the 8th seed.

mafra

Legend
Affalo played 40 minutes and had 2 assists... LG played 33 minutes and had 3 assists...

KP had what? 3 shots in second half? No wonder KP and LT and ROLO shoot every time they get the ball... These lousy "SG" never pass...

What coach, in their right mind, after what we saw the last two games... And how ice cold AA was tonight... Would let AA shoot like 1-8 over the last part of 4th and OT?

A minute left... Up 4.... And DF and AA blew game with their inability to draw up a at and for allowing Sir Brick-a lot to get the shot. Give it to KP!!!!

finestrg

Rotation player
Ashame. The guys fought hard, man.

I'm an Afflalo guy so I refuse to get on him for missing a lot of shots. To me, they were all good shots. He was being aggressive, exactly how I want him to play. He was playing very hard too. His shot just wasn't falling tonight. It happens. Wasn't because he wasn't working hard. I think you live with the game he had tonight. The other night against the Clippers he took only 5 shots. See, that can't happen. Chin up, AA. Stay aggressive!!

I also don't wanna blame Fisher for this loss but did anyone else think Seraphin should've gotten some time down the stretch? He was so good on both ends. He really picked up RoLo who didn't have it at all tonight. Dude scored with that jump hook and I think Breeny said he had 3 blocks but I swear he had more than that. That small lineup with KP at C was gassed by the end. Oh well...Silver lining--Seraphin played well. Dude's really had some nice moments this year the few times he's gotten some extended PT. He's gotta play now. I think he could help us.. Still believe he's one of the better post players on the roster, a guy we can go to for some high % offense inside. And if he's gonna protect the tin like that, ****, he's gotta see some time. I think he could be more valuable than KOQ. O'Quinn's been a big disappointment this year, no way around it.

mafra

Legend
Got to lay this loss on AA. The guy was terrible, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Knicks showed some grit though and with the EC race pretty tight I think you have to be optimistic that a team without Melo that could take on a good team like OKC like they did can make the playoffs, today they started out in the 8th seed and with ORL and WAS losing we're still in the 8th seed.

Every time I get optimistic... I am reminded we have the worst G collection in NBA. We can't win or achieve anything this year with these 4 guards.
I am at the point I would just start JG and LG... At least I can be delusional, enduring their pathetic play on a nightly basis bc I am hoping it either hopes them grow or proves to us we desperately need to find replacements this summer.

Calderon and Affalo are professionals... They work hard and care... But they are just backups. Relying on them as starters is lunacy.