Game thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 10/24/2021 7:00pm [Game #3]

mafra

Legend
Clyde was saying all game that TRoss was an explosive player that could erupt. He did that in the 4th dashing the Knicks fans hopes of a 10 game win streak to start the season.

Nobody thought they would go 10-0 or be 20-4 or something.

But, at home, after an off day, you can?t lose to ORL. It?s not the loss but how they displayed zero mental fortitude?.

Dudes won 2 straight and acted like they win NBA title the other night. Went out Sat night. Rolled into work today and felt they could win without trying. Shot like 10-50 from downtown.

This team doesn't have mental toughness. Which is why ATl ran them out and why they ain't a serious player in EC

mafra

Legend
I felt Thibbs was equally to blame. It was clear the starting 5 didn?t want to work hard for the win. He should?ve went to bench more and even the rookies.

Starters played way too long. We got nothing from Obi and IQ and most of bench, aside from Rose, and that?s why we lost.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
Shouldn't be asking this on a Knicks forum but Clyde made the best 75 player list but TMac didn't, anyone think TMac was a better player and whether he should've made that best 75 list.

Interested in what Kiya and other members' opinions of this is.

Clydes 2-Way dynamic performance (2 rings) better be on the 75 best NBA player list.
I believe high scoring T-Mac did not have enough postseason clips to make it to the 75 list, plus he retired to early for me, his cuz Carter did 9 or 10 more yrs after T.Mac retired.

Knicks Fans
"Who are you?"
Terrence Ross! 22 pts in the 4th Qtr. !!!

mafra

Legend
For those who felt it didn?t matter, that winning the third game wasn?t too important. This would?ve been only the third time in last 20 years the Knicks would?ve began season 3-0.

I?m sorry, if I were Thibbs, this was a must win game.

The players were ready to play tho. Shame on all of them.

They didn?t think a team they blew out on Fri would bring their best? RJ was awful. Randle was selfish on offense. No movement. AB atrocious. Would?ve been the same if they okayed without him, and had 4 men on the court.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Professional athletes, who make millions to work a few hours a night, 82 times a year?

Again, no sweeping indictment. But, if they didn?t take this game seriously and pocket the win. Just proves to me this ain?t gonna be a special season. Entertaining. But will end much like last year.

The Bulls? They look like a team mentally driven to take that next step.

Good news tho. Bc now I don?t care about the upcoming games this week (ATL, Phil and Chi, right). So when we lose 2/3 it will hardly sting.

I check box scores and then listen to 4th when I get off work. No way I will tape and stay up late and watch games.

Figures this was first game I watched this year.

But, again, you can?t lose to this awful te and betaken seriously.

Do me a favor and stop watching so we can continue winning again :lol:

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
We held the Magic to 40% fg and 28% from 3 ... unfortunately we shot worst smh

Too many bad shots were taken, specially from beyond the arc. Our Knicks just need to mix it up and not settle on 3s just because of that one great game.

mafra

Legend
5 NYC prospects on flor tonight at MsG.

PHI up next. They kind have had owned us last 10-20 years..

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Shouldn't be asking this on a Knicks forum but Clyde made the best 75 player list but TMac didn't, anyone think TMac was a better player and whether he should've made that best 75 list.

Clyde over TMac all day. They were both great players but the championships put Clyde way over.

The NBA did mess up this list though. They're too loyal to the older players that paved the way but didn't really dominate stats wise.

mafra

Legend
Cole Anthony reminded us all last night that most teams would happily deal Obi and IQ for a talent like that. It takes Obi 5 games to get that many rebounds.

Sick to my stomach to hear the Knicks talk about lack of effort. Screw them, and screw this team.

Enjoy the season folks, but I am not investing myself emotionally this year. After 40 seasons, I?ve earned a year off. I?ll follow box scores and read your posts but don?t be surprised if I go dark until May.

Now, a Jan/Feb trade might reinvigorate my passion?. But this prolly my last post of 2021.

Kiyaman

Legend
Cole Anthony reminded us all last night that most teams would happily deal Obi and IQ for a talent like that. It takes Obi 5 games to get that many rebounds.

Sick to my stomach to hear the Knicks talk about lack of effort. Screw them, and screw this team.

Enjoy the season folks, but I am not investing myself emotionally this year. After 40 seasons, I?ve earned a year off. I?ll follow box scores and read your posts but don?t be surprised if I go dark until May.

Now, a Jan/Feb trade might reinvigorate my passion?. But this prolly my last post of 2021.

Wsup Mafra .. You are not allowed a Leaving-Pass after the first Loss.
We have plenty more losses coming soon, that really need ur perspective.
Leaving now your gonna miss the explosion on signing Kemba!
And Thibs pushing D.Rose into a early injury, like he did several times in Chi-town..
NBA guards like Cole Anthony & Ross doesn't have many opponents they can play winning b.ball against in the league .. Our guards Kemba & Barrett poor defense gave up the game, and playing old-man D.Rose practically 20 straight minute in the 2nd half of the game, when we need a fresh energy D.Rose to ride out the 4th quarter (like Jason Kidd did for a 54 win season) !!!

Kemba = 10-15 SMH