Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic (2014/11/12)

Great 3rd quarter, led by Melo, but overall a team effort. Up by 2 to start the 4th, need to close this one out.

Defense has tightened up nicely, but with Melo on the bench with foul trouble, we have no scoring options working in the 4th quarter. Melo needs to come back into the game and/or someone else needs to find their shot.

I know people hate iso Melo, but with Shump fouled out, he's literally the only guy out there who has done anything offensively in the 4th quarter. Done by 4 with 17 seconds left, Melo needs the ball barring a wide open other option.

Melo drains the contested 3 to cut the lead to 1, but only 4 seconds left. If we lose the game tonight, we will regret not putting the ball in his hands more tonight, he has been on another level with his shooting.

Kiyaman

Legend
James Dolan is on the phone ......
The MEMO is up on the wall after the Knicks 6th loss in a row.

Well Phil, its time for trades .... the so-call rebuilding the team in the offseason has been cancel, the Knicks rebuilding will start earlier through trades during the 2014-15 regular season.

Sorry, this year Knicks salary cap is $90M, which happen to be $15M higher than the salary-cap of the 4 teams that were in the conference finals last season. A $90M team could get aghast to lose 4 games in a row, not 6 games, especially being 1-4 at HOME.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I know people hate iso Melo, but with Shump fouled out, he's literally the only guy out there who has done anything offensively in the 4th quarter. Done by 4 with 17 seconds left, Melo needs the ball barring a wide open other option.
Correction: Kiya hates Melo-ISO. Some of us understand u live and die at your best players hands; not the role players... This is going to be the kind of season to that would make Isaiah Thomas proud:( um um um

jimkcchief88

All Star
Like JR taking the final shot and not drawing iron Melo looks on... That's just crazy.... JR needs to be the first to go real talk I am sick of his no hoops IQ crap

Kiyaman

Legend
Correction: Kiya hates Melo-ISO. Some of us understand u live and die at your best players hands; not the role players... This is going to be the kind of season to that would make Isaiah Thomas proud:( um um um

The Knicks don't have problem scoring, it's the Knicks MIA defense that loss all 7 games
If Iso-Melo played defense then he would make all his teammates play defense.

mafra

Legend
Like JR taking the final shot and not drawing iron Melo looks on... That's just crazy.... JR needs to be the first to go real talk I am sick of his no hoops IQ crap

I keep saying it, but it continues to be the problem: our guards are worst group in NBA. Yes, even the Magic have better guards then we do. Fournier had a career night.... Anyone surprised.

Playing the the third game in four nights, on the road, and ORL still gets the victory? Lol. I dig it bc I am pulling for a 10-20 win season.... Get me a lottery pick...

I think the first thing we need to do is cut JR. How and why he is still playing defies logic.

mafra

Legend
Tough loss and again it came down to the FT differential. They need to fix that and fast.

32-14 disparity? At home, on our home court and Melo gets 6 attempts to Fournier's 14. Amare not sent to line once? Foul trouble for our two best players? Again, we play 82 road games. Revenge of Stu Jax strikes again.

i am not watching these games... I know we reach in a ton and settle for a ton of jumpers, but reputation and/or bias has to be contributing a bit. We not good enough to spot opponent 15-20 points every night from FT line.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Kiya the Knicks are the lowest scoring team in the league....bottomline Melo is going to have to be more selfish in this offense a la Jordan/Kobe esp. in end game situations on Chief

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya the Knicks are the lowest scoring team in the league....bottomline Melo is going to have to be more selfish in this offense a la Jordan/Kobe esp. in end game situations on Chief

The Knicks are the lowest scoring team in the league for a $124M reason.
For 4 straight seasons the Knicks still can't complete a fast-break basket.
However, the Knicks completed several fast-break basket a game in the 4 months of LinSanity, and during the first 4 months of the 2010-11 season.
The Knicks has been playing a slow-ball half-court offense to please a $124M franchise player.
The Knicks never push the ball or run on offense to beat the defense down court
never throw lob passes or alley-oop passes
The Knicks only have one tempo in the game slow-ball
The Knicks Melo and JR never run down court on offense, and they control the offensive tempo.

Stop thinking Calderon / Barg is out with injury.

This Magic Game was a easy win for the Knicks .... the Magic played the night before in Toronto.
This was a Knicks Home-Game.
The Magic has no interior defense, u rest Dally, Stat, Shump, and Larkin the entire 2nd quarter, and put those 4 players in a lineup with fresh legs in the 3rd quarter to out run the Magics slow defense down court, plus take the ball straight to the basket for a point n foul.
After 8 minutes of the Knicks running a fast transition offense taking the ball inside, then start shooting jumpers there never would of been a close crunch time game in the 4th qtr. where fans have to depend on an inconsistent JRsmith to take the last shot.
SORRY Knicks B.Ball

paris401

Starter
Uhhhh Jordan/Kobe took a lot of shots within the context of the triangle offense; Melo needs to stop listening to u haters and do the same on Chief...

u r comparing melo to mj/kobe??? really... when I look at mj/kobe how many rings do I see on their fingers???? the answer is 10... plus one on the pinky toe..

when I look at melo I see ZERO rings... ZERO times he has led his team past the 2nd round..

so don't utter melo's name together with mj/kobe... hate is such an ugly word....