Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Portland Trail Blazers 7:30 pm 11/22/2016 [Game#14]

tiger0330

Legend
105-103 Knicks 20 seconds left. DRose makes a big 15 ft jump shot that gives the Knicks a 4 pt lead with .06 left. No fouls.

Great, great win. 5 game winning streak at home. Another 30 point game from Porzingis. Vintage Derrick Rose. If you missed this game, do yourself a favor and watch the replay

mafra

Legend
Winning games at home.... 7-7 start, considering the schedule and brand new team, isn't bad at all. KP looking like a legit offensive weapon, role players emerging, Rose a go-to option late in games. We'll take it!

tiger0330

Legend
Could get not only to .500 with a W but move up a notch to 7th in the standings with the Pacers idle. On the flip side, a loss would put us at 9 with the Bucks idle.

Yes, its too early to be talking about the playoffs but this is a game against a WC playoff team with an elite back court that we can make a statement with a win. Go Knicks.
Now in the 7th seed with this win and the .500 record. Beating a team that has had our number going back to 2010 makes this even sweeter.

If it was me, Noah would go to the bench when he comes back.

mafra

Legend
45 was my guess at the beginning of the season. If Noah can get his s**t together like Rolo did last season then maybe even better.

It's beginning to look like Noah is best served being that Rasheed Wallace type for Melo and this team. Be the leader off the floor and produce in spurts when needed. NYK better off going with KP and Melo as the C/PF duo.... WHG and KOQ looking good as the big backup options at C.

funny how all that Winslow and Mudiay chatter died down. Those are two fine players but they aren't that 1 of a kind gem like KP (7"3 and is athletic and coordinated and shoots like Ray Allen)...

imagine if we added a Rudy Gay type wing st the deadline!

if KP is gonna explode this season.... who knows where that takes us. Especially if Tose and BJ and LEE bring us consistency and clutch production.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Haven't watched a game in over a week but the Knicks are winning so I won't even try and tune in and jinx it. Anyway I depend on KO.Com game threads to give me the flavor of the game and kudos to all the posters for a great job...rep points for everyone. Anyone know when the next national tv Knicks game is?

Kiyaman

Legend
45 was my guess at the beginning of the season. If Noah can get his s**t together like Rolo did last season then maybe even better.

The 45 wins are with the veteran experience Noah leadership in the tough games during midseason.
I agree with Mafra, Noah's leadership in the locker room, practice, and around the players on/off the court are a boost of confidence.
Great Knicks WIN !!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Im loving what im seeing from KP!!He is getting better every game.The team in general is starting to grow as one big family and playing together.The crowd had to boo Melo in the 4th but besides that he played a great game exspecially on Defense.Keep the ball moving and keep the wins coming.

and1

Rotation player
The 45 wins are with the veteran experience Noah leadership in the tough games during midseason.
I agree with Mafra, Noah's leadership in the locker room, practice, and around the players on/off the court are a boost of confidence.
Great Knicks WIN !!!

yeah i have to agree with this. the kind of intensity he brings to his approach for the game can be, and probably already has been, infectious. you couple that with jennings' attitude and you end up with a bunch of guys who, game by game, are willing to play with more and more hustle and grit and toughness. i still think they signed him for too much, but we'll see. it's still early.

and1

Rotation player
Haven't watched a game in over a week but the Knicks are winning so I won't even try and tune in and jinx it. Anyway I depend on KO.Com game threads to give me the flavor of the game and kudos to all the posters for a great job...rep points for everyone. Anyone know when the next national tv Knicks game is?

wednesday dec. 7th against the cavs, on espn.

this was an exciting game to listen to. crispino was going off hahaaaaa. can't wait to watch the replay, which just started on msg. i am really digging what jennings is bringing to the table, and i really really like how our bench squad is developing more and more each game, especially the last 2 games against playoff-bound teams from each coast. from what i could tell by listening to it on the radio, it sounded like horny coached his butt off with this one. i'm telling you guys, when cLee finally finds his shot more consistently - and i'm pretty confident he will - this is going to be a very dangerous team.

i originally asked for 2-2 from this 4 game stretch - atlanta, portland and charlotte twice - well, we got the 2 with 2 more games to go. let's see if we can split those and get 1. that would be tremendous.
let's go knicks!

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are 4-4 vs teams with record above .500 (only the Cavs and Clippers have more wins vs teams above .500). However, Knicks have nearly a three and a half negative point differential (tenth worst in NBA) and have 1 win on the road.... the FT issue is their biggest problem.... they can't enter each game giving the opponent 12+ more points from the charity stripe. We have to limit fouls on defense and be more aggressive taking ball to rim on offense.

tiger0330

Legend
DRose applauded the MSG crowd for their support, the Garden cooking has been real now they have to become a team that can win on the road.

That effort tonight was fantastic and I got the sense the boys knew they played a great game looking at their reactions after the game. I think the last 2 games may have been a turning point.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
That effort tonight was fantastic and I got the sense the boys knew they played a great game looking at their reactions after the game. I think the last 2 games may have been a turning point.
You could see they had so much fun playing against Atlanta and Portland. This team is definitely coming together and if the guys stay healthy we're looking at playoff Knicks. Let's hope Noah will find himself in this team to give it even more of a boost. It was a great and exciting game. Rose was phenomenal (said in STAT's voice).

mafra

Legend
"Porzingis ranks 22nd in the NBA in scoring in just his second year and his 22.2 PER has him at 19th in the NBA among players with at least 400 minutes played this year. He's forged himself into elite company, especially with his play at home. In 8 home games (Knicks are 6-2) Porzingis is averaging 22.8 PPG on 53% from the field and 39.5% from three point range.What's more impressive to me is where Porzingis ranks in some key categories. He's 23rd in the entire league in Field Goals Made (109) and he's 26th in 3 pointers made (30). He's also 35th in the league in both total offensive rebounds (27) and blocked shots (15)."

-Tommy Dee (theknicksblog)

tiger0330

Legend
!
"Porzingis ranks 22nd in the NBA in scoring in just his second year and his 22.2 PER has him at 19th in the NBA among players with at least 400 minutes played this year. He's forged himself into elite company, especially with his play at home. In 8 home games (Knicks are 6-2) Porzingis is averaging 22.8 PPG on 53% from the field and 39.5% from three point range.What's more impressive to me is where Porzingis ranks in some key categories. He's 23rd in the entire league in Field Goals Made (109) and he's 26th in 3 pointers made (30). He's also 35th in the league in both total offensive rebounds (27) and blocked shots (15)."

-Tommy Dee (theknicksblog)
Not repping the Latvian flag or having a poster size gif of the kid as my Sig because I think he's going to be a bust.

He's way ahead of where Dirk was at his age plus he's a better athlete. Dirk had that killer jumper but KP could develop into the shooter Dirk is and be a way better defender because of that athleticism and length.

pat

Starter
105-103 Knicks 20 seconds left. DRose makes a big 15 ft jump shot that gives the Knicks a 4 pt lead with .06 left. No fouls.
The look on PJ's face when Rose scored made that jumper on an ugly broken play in isolation. Priceless.