Game Thread: New York Knicks vs San Antonio Spurs 3:30 pm 2/12/2017 [Game#56]

tiger0330

Legend
Couldn't lose them all. Avoided the only 5 game homestand losing streak in Knicks history.

Finally ran into a team that had a cold shooting night. Yes the defense was better but the Spurs missed a lot of wide open looks. Melo with the game ball.

and1

Rotation player
whaaaaaaaaat? despite 1st half sloppiness and being dominated on the boards we manage to pull out a win.
let's see what this does for our confidence going up against mr. triple double and the thunder on wednesday.

mafra

Legend
For some reason, as bad as we've been the last few years, we always seem to find a way to beat SA once.

Every win hurts out long term outlook..... but at least this game and the OKC game are "showcase" games for our potential tradeable assets.

As for this season.... this win means nothing. SA missed their 3s.... they've been on the road for a while and probably partied too hard in NYC last night.

mafra

Legend
Willie !!!

WHG, KOQ, Noah, KP, Plumlee makes me feel good about our front court moving forward. LT & Holiday have roles.... wondering if we should keep BK or not. Kuz and Baker OK for now....

Knicks really need to find a gen of a PG/SG in this draft.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This is what I don't get about this Knicks team... everyone thinks we're tanking... and then we win against the freaking Spurs.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Seems to me like Spurs played down to competition.

We play better against slower, older teams without dominating point guards.

Kiyaman

Legend
Seems to me like Spurs played down to competition.

We play better against slower, older teams without dominating point guards.

For some unknown reason the Knicks has a habit of beating the Spurs in NY .. I recall in 2014-15 the Knicks 17 win season we beat the Spurs in NY that season. It makes me wanna check coach Pop bank account to see if there's any additional big deposits this month SMH

I will admit this was the first game i seen KP perform like a winning NBA player in the 4th qtr. in KP two season with the Knicks. If KP give us this type of 4th qtr. performance on a consistent basis then i will stop saying KP is not a Starter or Finisher. I'm not afraid to say 80% of our losses the past two seasons had a lot to do with Melo and KP poor 4th qtr. performances.
I recall in the 2013-14 season the Knicks kept giving rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. a lot of playing time minutes in the 4th qtr. for 61 games to have a record of 21-40 .. when coach puppet Woodson stop given Tim Hardaway Jr. playing-time minutes in the 4th qtr. the Knicks went on to end the season with a 37-45 record .... 21-40 with Tim Hardaway Jr. in the 4th qtr. rotation to 37-45 with Tim Hardaway Jr. DNP in the 4th quarter.
Its not hard to do the math ........

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow I wasn't excited about yesterday's game, but what an outcome! Like said above, Knicks tank moving on, then the beat the Spurs go figure. I thought we would find a way to blow it down the stretch, but Melo actually had gas down the stretch to propel us over the top. Just makes you wonder where this effort has been all season.

mafra

Legend
For some unknown reason the Knicks has a habit of beating the Spurs in NY .. I recall in 2014-15 the Knicks 17 win season we beat the Spurs in NY that season. It makes me wanna check coach Pop bank account to see if there's any additional big deposits this month SMH

I will admit this was the first game i seen KP perform like a winning NBA player in the 4th qtr. in KP two season with the Knicks. If KP give us this type of 4th qtr. performance on a consistent basis then i will stop saying KP is not a Starter or Finisher. I'm not afraid to say 80% of our losses the past two seasons had a lot to do with Melo and KP poor 4th qtr. performances.
I recall in the 2013-14 season the Knicks kept giving rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. a lot of playing time minutes in the 4th qtr. for 61 games to have a record of 21-40 .. when coach puppet Woodson stop given Tim Hardaway Jr. playing-time minutes in the 4th qtr. the Knicks went on to end the season with a 37-45 record .... 21-40 with Tim Hardaway Jr. in the 4th qtr. rotation to 37-45 with Tim Hardaway Jr. DNP in the 4th quarter.
Its not hard to do the math ........

I think it was THjr who lit up the Hawks and cost NYK KAT.... I guess that's also why ATL traded for him.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. I think Lance Thomas is back today, he's the Knicks best perimeter defender so maybe
he makes a difference in that sad D of ours.
Funny because he didn't play that many minutes but the team praised LT for his D in the game and in his first game back the Knicks did hold a very good team to under a 100 pts. Coincidence??