Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors - February 28, 2015

2 point lead with 33 seconds to go and we have the ball. Playing team ball out there so hopefully the ball goes to whoever's open.

Back to back wins. It's going to be very interesting to see if this is just a fluke or if we actually have found some real chemistry here.

Broadway

All Star
Back to back wins. It's going to be very interesting to see if this is just a fluke or if we actually have found some real chemistry here.

Found chemistry without our $100mil Max Cat? Are you sure...naah like I said a couple weeks back. This team wasn't going to lose every game rest of season and we had as good a chance to win some games post All-Star break with or without Melo.

We're still a very bad team and we will back on a losing streak real soon. Some guys are playing well and most importantly giving full effort.

Found chemistry without our $100mil Max Cat? Are you sure...naah like I said a couple weeks back. This team wasn't going to lose every game rest of season and we had as good a chance to win some games post All-Star break with or without Melo.

We're still a very bad team and we will back on a losing streak real soon. Some guys are playing well and most importantly giving full effort.

Not sure what you're saying here. I feel like you're basically borderline trolling at this point. We have 12 wins going into the month of March, so no it's not like I was saying we are on a championship tract. There is a spectrum of being bad. There is a 'we need to blow this whole thing up' bad and there is a 'we're terrible, but we have some players and some elements of a system that we are developing' bad. You show up to take some shots at Melo and say things like this last comment to what purpose? I watch more of this team than almost anyone. You think you need to rain on every moment of every day being a fan of this team or what, we might occasionally enjoy ourselves? We just won back to back games so get off my back.

tiger0330

Legend
Bargnani, Shved and the injury to Calderon to me have been the difference makers. It's a little late for this because tanking and ensuring no worse than picking 4th is probably the best outcome for this season but no self respecting NBA team is not going to put forth their best effort in an NBA game. If we fall to picking 5th and lower in the lottery and we get some decent rotation players out of it like Amundson and Shved so be it.

Bargnani is going to be an interesting case if he plays like this. He was NBA trash just last month with no trade value and most expecting him to be playing in Europe next year, if he lights it up this next couple of months does that change the big picture of him of a less than dedicated pro that does not do enough conditioning work to keep himself on the court. Anyway the Knicks are one of 30 teams that can pick him up and it may not be a bad move to pick up a guy that can deliver Greg Monroe production for the MLE if he's willing to take it.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Damn! missed Game .. for a dynamic-Jumping Black/White Dance
Back to Back WINS .. I like these Jeremy Lin moments (No $100M players)
GO Knicks!!!!!!!
The stats show the Knicks WON this game the same way they won lastnite game on their "DEFENSE".
Knicks are on a 2 win role ....
The triangle-offense we been playing all season had no Defense at all, it looked so phoney we lost all our televised Sunday games (message to Phil) .. it wasn't a nice strategy for TANKING either in a water-down NBA, where a D.League roster team like Lakers & Philly are able to have a 30 win season, plus have a shot at the first pick.

Watching a exciting Sunday Game of ex-Knicks players
.. Cavs vs Rockets ..
Ariza, Brewer, Prigioni, Mozgov, JR, Shump
Amare shouldve sign with the Rockets, instead of Mavs

tiger0330

Legend
More impressed with the Cavs. The Rockets got lucky, when is Lebron going to miss 8 FTs again? And Cleveland was without Kyrie, I was imagining the Cavs playing with him against the Rockets a top team in the West and saying that's the easts NBA Finals team this year.

Broadway

All Star
Not sure what you're saying here. I feel like you're basically borderline trolling at this point. We have 12 wins going into the month of March, so no it's not like I was saying we are on a championship tract. There is a spectrum of being bad. There is a 'we need to blow this whole thing up' bad and there is a 'we're terrible, but we have some players and some elements of a system that we are developing' bad. You show up to take some shots at Melo and say things like this last comment to what purpose? I watch more of this team than almost anyone. You think you need to rain on every moment of every day being a fan of this team or what, we might occasionally enjoy ourselves? We just won back to back games so get off my back.

I just don't know what to take away from these games. Last yr we closed out the year like 16-18 & 7 or thereabouts. Came back this yr and stunk up the joint. I don't think we created all this cap space to give deals to....

Amundson, Shved, Bargani, Thomas, based on 30gms sample

I can't place any real stock into what's going on, other than the fact we have Galloway under contract possibly cheap next yr. You were happy when we won 5 out of 7 a while back.

Then we went on to lose like 7-8 straight. We've now won 2gms in a row. Welcome to the ebb and flow of a bad basketball team. I mentioned Melo because some thought we couldn't win any games without him and I specifically said whether he shut it down or not we'd win and lose at about the same rate. So when we win games here and there no surprise because we weren't going to lose all of them. I won't get overly excited about the wins either. It looks like we're playing better overall, the talent is still lacking major in so many areas.

You're puzzled at the Jekyll and Hyde play from THJR, why 60gms into the season, because he hasn't shown you enough? Well the same with me with the team overall and until they can prove they can play with Melo and win, can't draw many conclusions about them.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
More impressed with the Cavs. The Rockets got lucky, when is Lebron going to miss 8 FTs again? And Cleveland was without Kyrie, I was imagining the Cavs playing with him against the Rockets a top team in the West and saying that's the easts NBA Finals team this year.

Rockets didn't have Dwight and Lebron also missed 20 FGA. They flat out got beat

tiger0330

Legend
I just don't know what to take away from these games. Last yr we closed out the year like 16-18 & 7 or thereabouts. Came back this yr and stunk up the joint. I don't think we created all this cap space to give deals to....

Amundson, Shved, Bargani, Thomas, based on 30gms sample

I can't place any real stock into what's going on, other than the fact we have Galloway under contract possibly cheap next yr. You were happy when we won 5 out of 7 a while back.
I agree, it's hard to judge these guys from such a small sample and because Amundson, Shved and Bargs are playing for their NBA lives. Shved is a career 36% shooter and Houston gave up on him for Prigoni of all people and gave us 2 second rounders to boot so it makes you wonder about him. He is interesting though, he's done a little bit of everything the last couple of games, defend, rebound, drive it into the lane and facilitated. DFish needs to find out if Houston made a huge blunder in letting him go and we have found a hidden gem.

Broadway

All Star
I agree, it's hard to judge these guys from such a small sample and because Amundson, Shved and Bargs are playing for their NBA lives. Shved is a career 36% shooter and Houston gave up on him for Prigoni of all people and gave us 2 second rounders to boot so it makes you wonder about him. He is interesting though, he's done a little bit of everything the last couple of games, defend, rebound, drive it into the lane and facilitated. DFish needs to find out if Houston made a huge blunder in letting him go and we have found a hidden gem.

Wouldn't hurt but it just goes to show if Fish goes full tilt exhausting the talents within Shved it's an indictment on Fisher overall. How he mismanaged such opportunities with other players on the team earlier in the yr, who may have just as much to offer if not more.

I just won't buy it takes 40-50gms for a coach to get new toys to figure out how to garnish value in players. This is a typical end of yr tease and we've been through this rodeo before.

Kiyaman

Legend

Yep .. thanks to Phil Jackson the Cleveland Cavs will be the team to challenge the Atlanta Hawks in the East for the FINALS. The Cavs are on a 18-4 run playing .600 b.ball since the trade with Phil Jackson.

I was also impressed with the NO PG Cavs going to overtime with King James (Harden) Rockets.
The Cavs had no defender to stop Harden .. However, the Rockets two defenders (Ariza & T.Jones) on Lebron ..
had Lebron miss 20 fg, miss 8 treys, miss 8 ft .. in a 7 game series with Irving & Howard the Rockets in 6 games.

tiger0330

Legend
Yep .. thanks to Phil Jackson the Cleveland Cavs will be the team to challenge the Atlanta Hawks in the East for the FINALS. The Cavs are on a 18-4 run playing .600 b.ball since the trade with Phil Jackson.

I was also impressed with the NO PG Cavs going to overtime with King James (Harden) Rockets.
The Cavs had no defender to stop Harden .. However, the Rockets two defenders (Ariza & T.Jones) on Lebron ..
had Lebron miss 20 fg, miss 8 treys, miss 8 ft .. in a 7 game series with Irving & Howard the Rockets in 6 games.
Lebron despite his 37pts had a crap game. A Cavs/Hawks EC finals will be fun to watch.