202324.png
202683.png

1628378.png
201584.png

201937.png
101127.png

Injury Report

Utah JazzNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportRon Baker - Sprained Left Shoulder (OUT)
--
--

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- It is never a good time to lose one of the league's most promising young big men, but the Utah Jazz picked an exceedingly bad time to lose Rudy Gobert for at least a month.

First the Jazz had to contend with Minnesota's Karl-Anthony Towns - and failed that challenge in a 109-98 loss to Minnesota on Monday night.

Now they'll have to handle Kristaps Porzingis on Wednesday night when they travel to Madison Square Garden for a showdown with Porzingis and the New York Knicks.

Here's how dominant Porzingis has been: He had 20 points and seven rebounds as the Knicks built-and-then-squandered a 23-point lead over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday, and it was considered one of his worst performances of the season. Prior to the dud, Porzingis had games of 34, 28, 40 and 37 points, all in New York victories.

Now down their best post defender and his 14 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks per game, the Jazz will look to counter the Knicks' interior tandem of Porzingis and former Jazz center Enes Kanter with a small-ball lineup ill-suited to the task.

"It's back to what I do," said Derrick Favors, who will play center in Gobert's absence. "I'm ready for it."

Last season, Gobert averaged career-highs with 14 points and 12.8 rebounds per game. Favors had nine points and 10 rebounds in the loss to the Timberwolves.

"This is hard; everybody knows Rudy is a high, high-level player," Utah coach Quin Snyder said. "He anchors our defense in many ways. Our margin for error gets a little slimmer. Our team will adjust. That's all you can do."

New York will look to get back into the win column after a heartbreaking loss to the Cavaliers in a game they controlled much of the night. The Knicks led by 15 heading into the fourth quarter before LeBron James, Kyle Korver and the Cavs roared back, something New York coach Jeff Hornacek called a "learning experience."

"It's going to be a lesson for us to try to finish these games," Hornacek said. "It is not always trying to pull it out in the last three or four minutes of the game. I thought late in the third quarter we had a chance to blow it out a little bit. There are certain lessons we could learn from that and we can get better next time."

Easing New York's burden is the fact that they stay home and will remain home for much of the foreseeable future. In a true scheduling fluke, 15 of the Knicks' first 22 games of the season are in the friendly confines of the Garden, something Hornacek hasn't taken for granted.

How could he? The Knicks are 6-3 at home.

"I've been happy our guys have been winning at home," Hornacek said. "It's given us some confidence after the start we had. The fans have been great for them, they comment on it. They enjoy playing here. It's helped them build some confidence."

(cbssports.com via STATS)

Thanks again, Rady.

Need to show we can shake off that Cavs loss and come back and win tonight. Don't want to fall right back to 0.500. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Big advantage in the FC with Gobert out. Kanter and KP should feast on Ingles and Favors. Looking forward to seeing a matchup of Frank vs. DM tonight.

Broadway

All Star
Boring 1st qrt.

Rubio entering his 7th season as a foreign prospect and very much like his 1st I'm not impressed by him. He still can't shoot but he's made a career of being an adept passer and above average defender with average athleticism. If I heard Clyde correctly he's missed his last 21 3pt attempts....SERIOUSLY!

I hope Knits doesn't become him because this is what that looks like 7yrs later.

tiger0330

Legend
Boring 1st qrt.

Rubio entering his 7th season as a foreign prospect and very much like his 1st I'm not impressed by him. He still can't shoot but he's made a career of being an adept passer and above average defender with average athleticism. If I heard Clyde correctly he's missed his last 21 3pt attempts....SERIOUSLY!

I hope Knits doesn't become him because this is what that looks like 7yrs later.

He shot it well last yr but looks like hes regressed back to his norm. Frank is done if can't shoot better than Rickie.

mafra

Legend
From what ive seen this year, DM is light years better than FN. Not to mention he's a local kid (from Elmsford).

Looks like NY made the cardinal error when drafting.... they went with need over BPA.

Obviously NY wanted a pure PG. A true facilitator instead of a scorer.

I can think of no other way our scouts would recommend FN over DM.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks down 60-50 at the half. Mitchell the leading scorer with 17, they love him in Utah and you can see why. Knicks better wake up, losing to the Jazz would be worse than that Cavs loss.

mafra

Legend
DM has 17 points and 2 assist.
Frank has 2 points and 0 assists.

Trading for Bargnani (and watching DEN take Murray with our pick) 2 years ago....

Then passing on DM for Frank....

These 2 front office blunders probably have already derailed the KP plan.

I mean, had we taken Murray and Mitchell.... this team probably ready to battle for EC crown next season.

As it stands now, we may not even be ready come 2020.
Sad.

But fact is DM is a legit starting G right now.... Frank is barely a backup.

mafra

Legend
Knicks go on a 7-0 run to start the second half but nobody boxes out Ingles and he grabs a big board....

Utah bangs a couple 3s and Timmy can't catch a Jack pass.... 66-59.

mafra

Legend
Rubio knocking down shots now.
We just don't have a G who can't hit an open look. Man....how many open looks can Lee and Timmy miss?

mafra

Legend
Hood is abusing us.... 23 points already. And he's going to FT line to shoot 3 shots.... He's outscored our bench by almost 20.

We're getting nothing from our bench at home for 2 games now. This is bad.

Lead all the way down to 2 with less than 10 minutes to go in the 4th. Need to clamp down on Utah?s 3-point shooters. Let?s go Knicks!

mafra

Legend
NY with a chance to tie, but KOQ attempts to throw a behind the back pass 22 feet away from
Basket. Bad call said Lee was out of bounds (he wasn't).... but no excuse for KOQ to throw that pass.

Here we go! Here we go! McDermott ties the game after getting the goaltend call. Less than 7 minutes to go. We?ve done all this while KP has rested. Get him back in the game and let?s do this!