Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 7:00 pm 11/17/2016 [Game#12]

and1

Rotation player
with a chance to get to .500 we're about to get blown out by the wizards before we face 4 tough matchups ahead. i get the feeling we'll be seeing some Q in the 2nd half. I get the feeling we will not be seeing a whole lot of noah, he looks tired. we need better off the ball movement and ball movement in general. crazy man jennings, despite his 5 assists, needs to be more careful with his handle. wizards are playing feisty D.

tiger0330

Legend
Down 10 to a team that didn't play all that well in the first half, outside of knocking down a bunch of open threes, and we got most of the calls. Our guys need to decide to wake the heck up at halftime and win this one or this is going to be a really embarrassing loss.
That's been the story all season digging out of a first half hole. If they go anywhere this season they have to start games better. Noah is MIA and DRose is not too far behind this game.

and1

Rotation player
attachment.php

yep.

Attachments

• assists.jpg
    assists.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 17

Kiyaman

Legend
Down 10 to a team that didn't play all that well in the first half, outside of knocking down a bunch of open threes, and we got most of the calls. Our guys need to decide to wake the heck up at halftime and win this one or this is going to be a really embarrassing loss.

This game win would make us a .500 team .. somebody better be in the locker room at haltime boosting up players confidence for a road win over a 2-8 record Wizard team

and1

Rotation player
2nd half just started and i'm pissed already. lets build a house with these bricks! noah, wake up!

tiger0330

Legend
Getting blown out now with 6 mins left in the 3rd. Wiz are up by 19, still a lot of time left but this is a loss, absolutely no energy from the team. I'm going to watch a movie.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
A chance at our first 3 game winning streak pretty much blown away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and1

Rotation player
i guess phil's pocket sized meditation book isn't helping much. this is pathetic. all encouragement gained from the past couple of games has just been flushed. i don't know what to make of these guys now.

and1

Rotation player
Getting blown out now with 6 mins left in the 3rd. Wiz are up by 19, still a lot of time left but this is a loss, absolutely no energy from the team. I'm going to watch a movie.

this is better than any comedy i've seen recently :cool: how can we lose this bad to those disgusting uniforms? it's one thing to lose to a team that is starving and desperate for a win, it's another thing entirely to put up a performance like this.
i'm done ranting now. looking forward to facing dwight and the hawks.

We played a miserable 3rd quarter and then mounted a huge 4th quarter comeback primarily from our starters to get a 27 point lead all the way down to 9, but very much too little too late. Down 10 now with 41 seconds to go. If we had woken up in the 3rd quarter instead of the 4th, we could have won this one.

mafra

Legend
We played a miserable 3rd quarter and then mounted a huge 4th quarter comeback primarily from our starters to get a 27 point lead all the way down to 9, but very much too little too late. Down 10 now with 41 seconds to go. If we had woken up in the 3rd quarter instead of the 4th, we could have won this one.

Hard to lose when you score 47 points in a quarter, especially when it's the fourth quarter.... but it happened tonight. We had fewer turnovers and more OFF rebounds.... yet we still lost.

WAS was 15-25 from downtown.

mafra

Legend
Melo 1-8 from downtown.... Rose 8-18 from the field.... We got little from Lee and Noah.... 5 game in 7 days was tough.... give the team credit for not quitting.... but offense was bad in the third quarter and the effort disaapear s in the second and third quarters (we scored 47 combined).... WAS was desperate to erase a bad start (and bad loss to pHI) and we just didn't get enough from melo and KP.

and1

Rotation player
i've got what i think is an interesting question. let me start by saying that KP wasn't the only one who looked tired tonight, nevertheless...
if coach horny would've taken KP out of last night's game - against detroit - early to conserve some energy, would you guys have been pissed? even if it meant we had a much better chance of winning tonight?
encouraging signs from tonight's disappointing loss: dRose and crazy man jennings hitting outside shots. maybe it's a fluke, maybe not. i hope it's not. we have to do something to get cLee going. i don't remember this guy ever shooting this bad. i got a feeling he's got an injury nagging at him or something. whenever guys don't look like themselves, it's usually a nagging injury, similar to what was going on with LT.

Last edited:

and1

Rotation player
Melo 1-8 from downtown.... Rose 8-18 from the field.... We got little from Lee and Noah.... 5 game in 7 days was tough.... give the team credit for not quitting.... but offense was bad in the third quarter and the effort disaapear s in the second and third quarters (we scored 47 combined).... WAS was desperate to erase a bad start (and bad loss to pHI) and we just didn't get enough from melo and KP.

we definitely got caught off guard by their all-of-a-sudden great 3 point shooting. but still, you have to do a better job defending it, even if they haven't been hitting them too well lately. but yeah, that 4th quarter was kind of encouraging. that whole 'not quitting' thing could be a chemistry building experience. then again it could be a back breaker too when you end up losing anyway. we'll see.

Kiyaman

Legend
i've got what i think is an interesting question. let me start by saying that KP wasn't the only one who looked tired tonight, nevertheless...
if coach horny would've taken KP out of last night's game - against detroit - early to conserve some energy, would you guys have been pissed? even if it meant we had a much better chance of winning tonight?
encouraging signs from tonight's disappointing loss: dRose and crazy man jennings hitting outside shots. maybe it's a fluke, maybe not. i hope it's not. we have to do something to get cLee going. i don't remember this guy ever shooting this bad. i got a feeling he's got an injury nagging at him or something. whenever guys don't look like themselves, it's usually a nagging injury, similar to what was going on with LT.

Coach SVG teams are crunchtime teams just like his brother JVG ...
Our consistent losses lies in our team ISO BALL-HOGGERS!
Lastnite game vs Detroit Pistons, six of our bench-players took a total of 20 fg shots out of our 93 fg shots .. tonight vs Wizards seven of our bench-players took a total of 23 fg shots out of our 86 fg shots.
In other words our 5 starter lineup took 73 fg shots in one game, then took 63 fg shots in the next game.
And we know Noah is a pass-first center who rarely shoot FG ... BH ISO-Rose took 18 shots, BH ISO-Melo took 17 shots, and BH ISO-KP took 16 shots ...all 3 Ball-Hoggers dont know how to play Team-Ball.

The Knicks have 3 reason why they will never have any winning depth coming off the bench as long as the team keep playing a isolation-offense, has Ball-Hogger star players that want to be on the court for 35 to 40 minute of playing time.
Our schedule gave us a chance to win 3 straight games vs 3 strugling teams, our head coach Horny didnt take advantage of it, neither did our $25M so-call star-leader player or our $20M so-call star PG. WHY?

pat

Starter
we definitely got caught off guard by their all-of-a-sudden great 3 point shooting. but still, you have to do a better job defending it, even if they haven't been hitting them too well lately. but yeah, that 4th quarter was kind of encouraging. that whole 'not quitting' thing could be a chemistry building experience. then again it could be a back breaker too when you end up losing anyway. we'll see.
Nah. I can't see a back breaker here. Maybe in a playoff game, but this early in the season it is an encouraging sign. As for defending the three better: Many of Washington's threes were contested. To me it seemed just like one of those games where you see a mediocre opponent doing something you didn't know they had in them. It just happens.

tiger0330

Legend
This is what Jennings said about the loss. I agree and I'm getting tired of comments like DRose saying its going to take some time to get on the same page or KP saying if we had played with more energy earlier in the game they might have won.

“This is bull,” backup point guard Brandon Jennings said afterwards. “These are games we need to win.”

“This is a team desperate for a win and they got one,’’ said Jennings, who finished with 17 points and 10 assists. “They just lost to Philly [Wednesday] night. They come in and beat us. We need to be more desperate.”

“When coaches are doing the game plan, we got to listen,’’ Jennings added. “When the coach is writing the play, everybody’s got to pay attention. There’s a lot at stake for us.’’

Last edited:

mafra

Legend

Read this and I love it:

Knicks PG Brandon Jennings ripped the team's effort after Thursday night's loss to the Wizards.
After falling behind by 27 points early, the Knicks had a 47-point fourth quarter but came up short during their 119-112 loss.
"We haven't been locking in well on the road," Jennings said, according to Marc Berman of the NY Post. "That's our big problem. If we want to be the team we think we are, we're going to have to lock in better on the road. We got to play 10 times harder. Teams play better when they're at home because they're feeling good.
"We're the Knicks," Jennings continued. "You have to know what's across your chest. There's a bigger bull's-eye on it. Everybody wants to beat us. It's a known national team. These are games we have to win. We should be disappointed. We can't just put together two quarters or try to come back in the fourth."

(theknicksblog.com)

I also like the idea of starting BJ and transitioning Rose to the JR Smith 6th man role.

mafra

Legend
To me, BJ is a keeper. He enjoys and relishes playingfor NYM and has chemistry with KP. BJ and Holiday belong here and have a role to play. Start BJ and relegate Rose to being a scoring sparkplug off the bench. We know the second unit needs that. If AI did it in GSW.... so can DR here.