Good year to suck since there is a deep draft.

I heard on the radio and read in a couple of articles that some NBA scouts aren't that high on Rose and prefer Eric Gordon from Indiana. I haven't seen either really play. Anyone got a scouting report on Gordon? For one I thought Gordon was a shooting guard so I didn't really get why he was being compared to Rose.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think that would be when people would kill either Dolan or Isiah, or both. It can't happen but this team is such a MESS! look.
Isiah likes to have a pair of players that have simular games. The players that the knicks should trade are. Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson(I know, I am goin be hated, but this player is a player that what you see is what you get, he will make little impact upon games great Bench player!!), ECity that is a must, Z Bo huge contract to be traded for Vets with a close, or expiring contract, and picks, Q's days are long gone to bad he is injury prone he actually might have been a descent player here.. Malik is a bum. but keep him,
Knicks should keep, Lee, Balk, MC,Marbs (for the contract), Morris, but we need a scorer here ^ this is were the draft pick kicks in, plus the prior trade involving JC, Q, Ec, Nate, and Z Bo.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the Knicks will get a top 5 pick. They're 14th in the Eastern Conference, and the West is playing extremely well. The only teams I see getting a higher pick than the Knicks are: Minnesota, Miami, Memphis and Seattle.The Knicks could easily draft a good player, but the question is if Isiah will trade the pick, once he gets it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think the Knicks will get a top 5 pick. They're 14th in the Eastern Conference, and the West is playing extremely well. The only teams I see getting a higher pick than the Knicks are: Minnesota, Miami, Memphis and Seattle.The Knicks could easily draft a good player, but the question is if Isiah will trade the pick, once he gets it.

I think Seattles only 2 games behind us, if we can put together a nice losing streak maybe we can get the 4th worst record.....i got a bad feelin that the Knicks are gonna get screwed over and end up with the 8th or 9th pick, kind of like what happened to the Celtics and the Grizzlies last year when they were suppose to go #1 and #2 but ended up #4 and #5. Thats the type of luck a team gets when they have Isiah as their gm/coach, no luck.

dre48ny

Rotation player
They might have bad luck true. At least if they get the 8th pick, they can get Augustine from Texas. He is a nice Point guard or perhaps Hibbert from Georgetown.

Eddy Curry House Special, Eric Gordon is a combo guard. He is compared to a better version of Chicago's Ben Gordon. He is a little undersized but he is primarily a shooting guard. He has great talent. He will be a top 3 pick perhaps. I hope Indiana gets in the tourney so we can watch him dominate.

I believe it is a deep draft, hope we get lucky.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah, the Knicks might get the 8th or 9th pick. With the Knicks' luck, we might even get the 10th. I just hope people don't draft all the good centers and point guards before the Knicks get to choose their player. Isiah is a good drafter(the only thing he knows how to do) so he might draft a future star.I just hope that Steve Mills and James Dolan puts Isiah on a short leash, so that Isiah can't make anymore stupid trades.If it was up to Isiah, we would draft Hibbert from Georgetown and then trade him for Larry Hughes and a 2010 second round draft pick.

paris401

Starter
.If it was up to Isiah, we would draft Hibbert from Georgetown and then trade him for Larry Hughes and a 2010 second round draft pick.

nah... he would want someone making more money then hughes, for a longer period of time

jimkcchief88

All Star
They might have bad luck true. At least if they get the 8th pick, they can get Augustine from Texas. He is a nice Point guard or perhaps Hibbert from Georgetown.

Eddy Curry House Special, Eric Gordon is a combo guard. He is compared to a better version of Chicago's Ben Gordon. He is a little undersized but he is primarily a shooting guard. He has great talent. He will be a top 3 pick perhaps. I hope Indiana gets in the tourney so we can watch him dominate.

I believe it is a deep draft, hope we get lucky.

Good post. Call me sentimental but I like Hibbert. Nice interior defense, plays well with his back to the basket, and plenty and coaching so he could contribute right away, not a project.

dre48ny

Rotation player
YoU GUYS ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH!!! As long as Isaiah is around he would do something that stupid. Let's hope that he is not allowed to do that. Yeah he'll probably trade it for Shaq or something. Is Phoenix in trouble or what?? It sucks to see Shaq suck, he has always been such a beast!! The Suns jumped the gun and traded the catalyst Marion for a slow and aging Shaq. That was an Isaiah like move!! Plus he has 2 years left at over 20 million!!

Pricey

Rotation player
YoU GUYS ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH!!! As long as Isaiah is around he would do something that stupid. Let's hope that he is not allowed to do that. Yeah he'll probably trade it for Shaq or something. Is Phoenix in trouble or what?? It sucks to see Shaq suck, he has always been such a beast!! The Suns jumped the gun and traded the catalyst Marion for a slow and aging Shaq. That was an Isaiah like move!! Plus he has 2 years left at over 20 million!!
i agree it was a bad trade, Phoenix are conceding 5 points more a game on avg since the trade and Shaq isnt bringing anything but rebounding which Marion did anyways. You lose that fast break ability and Marion could defend a Centre, PF or SF where Shaq just stands there and watches the flab wobble under his arms while avg Centres run around him.
The money thing isnt that bad when u look at it in depth, yes he has a large contract but take into account merchandise, ticket sales and media coverage the Suns will get with Shaq and that rubs the contract out.

I say trade the pick for a few future picks as well as keeping in the 12-18 range where we could still pick-up the best defencive Center in this year's draft it Hashem Thabeat. I like Rose and Bayless as well but there not pass first Point Guards and thats what we really need! As far as if we land the number 1 pick its a no brainer you take Beastly (haha) and put him at Small Foward and move W.Chandler tothe Shooting Guard spot behind Crawford (for now)

Thabeat??? /Curry/Morris
Randolph/Lee/Jeffries
Beasley??? /Q/Balkman
Crawford/Chandler
Nate/Collins

Steph,Jones and M.Rose should all be gone next year via trade,Buy-out or contract running out. I hope the roster looks something like this!

Kiyaman

Legend
For the last 5 years the Knicks been needing a SG from the draft to replace Allan Houston & Sprewell.
You can not put a Rookie PG on a Knick Team that has so many Cancer Players that demand a touch of the ball on every offensive play (Marbury, Crawford, Q.Richardson, and Zach Randolph).
SG-Jamal Crawford has been a decision making Joke, and SG/SF-Q.Richardson has been a pain in the back for the entire Knick Team.

Keeping Demetris Nichols this season would've gave the Knicks the player next season to replace both Crawford & Q.Rich playingtime at the SG/SF position. Chandler & D.Nichols would've made a great tandem alongside each other and been the start of a decent Knick Future.

The Knicks were doing fine with PG-Mardy Collins and PF-Frye, they may not be starters but they are great strong depth comming off the bench. Untill the Knicks could trade Marbury or deal with him till his contract is up the team should give all the PG duties to Nate & Collins.

The Portland Trailblazers use of Aldrigde, Outlaw, and Frye at the PF position is a 110% better than the 35 minutes of 20-10 Zach Randolph on any given day. The guy is a waste at the PF position.

Players Marbury, Q.Richardson, and Zach Randolph will never get a team to pay them the Max MLE if their contracts ended this season. They are CANCER-PLAYERS to their teammates that brings their teammates talent and performance down below their average.
With Players like this on a team it makes the Knicks Coaching Staff look like they all need to be FIRED ASAP.
So the Draft can not help this KnickTeam with Cancer Players and G.M. & Coach Pet Players getting playingtime.

jzero29

Rotation player
I got derrick rose as my number one pick for the knicks strange
I do like him as the knicks pick

How is that strange? We really don't need Michael Beasley, because Isiah has Blackhole, if he trades Black Hole then Beasley will come to the Knicks.

I think Derrick Rose should be the player the Knicks draft. Trade Jamal Crawford. and Fire Isiah.
exactly, getting rid of crawford opens up the offense for other guys to step up and develope an offensive game, keep marbury around just for next year, so his money comes off the cap and NY won't be in such bad shape. Rose can develope behind Marbury. Then after that year split control with robison, then take over in his 3rd year. My olnly problem is beasley is best guy in draft, I'd take him, if he was available, worry about trading zach later.

The Knicks need a center that can block shots and a point guard with defense.Those are the two areas the Knicks need the most improvement on.I don't know if this is a good year for the Knicks to suck. Isiah is a horrible GM, and if he doesn't get fired, he might trade away our draft pick, or he might draft for a powerforward or shooting guard(two areas the Knicks need least help with).Players Isiah needs to get rid of but won't cause he's stupid:Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, and Jerome James.

It's a deep draft say we get the 5th pick but with our luck we'll get the number one in a draft year when there isn't any franchise center or sure thing franchise player to take a la Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Howard, Duncan, Yao, Oden, James etc etc .
I don't think there is a lot of franchise talent coming out this year, but the KNicks will need another year to truely turn around. So we'll be back in the Lotto next year and maybe we can get a franchise player after next and have a solid pro from this years draft.

dre48ny

Rotation player
There will be a solid player available within the 10 first picks. This will be good for the knicks to build on. I agree 100%, they will not be good either next year. Most of us understand this, Isaiah and Dolan need to comprehend that the fans will stand by them if they rebuild!! This is the only way we will be respectful again!! It's a shame to have the 2nd biggest payroll and the 5th worst record!! We need to rebuild and retool and be competitive by 2009-2010. We need a solid draft pick, wait for contracts to expire and hopefully get rid of some contracts. It can be done we just need the right GM or Isaiah to f-ing understand that the team is a disaster the way it is built!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiah has a good reputation as a scout, but he seems to be better outside of the lottery then he is inside of the lottery. Channing Frye was a terrible pick at #7, with Bynum and Danny Granger still available. Im not sayin Marcus Camby and T-Mac were bad picks by Isiah, but Frye was and he was much more recent then the other 2. I would really love 2 see Isiah fired before the draft, but it doesnt look like hes gettin fired at all, unless the Knicks put together a winning streak to end the season (joke). My other concern is that Isiah will trade the pick along with a couple of young talented players for the large contract of an overrated player who doesnt know how to play team basketball. Luckily we already have Zach Randolph, but as Knick fans all we can do is hope Isiah doesnt f*ck this up worse then he already has.