How will 2015 FA act towards Knicks draft selection

Paul1355

All Star
Who performance was Phil Jackson watching to sign as the Knicks starter CENTER?
Brook Lopez has all the NBA qualities to perform at the 5 spot.
Robin Lopez has all the NBA qualities to perform as a backup at the 4 spot.

Porzingis at age 19 need two years of full time weight-training to try out for a NBA team.
Im afraid of skinny Zingis getting injured bad playing with the big-boys in the summer league games.
All the gossip about Zingis played for the Pro League in Euro dont mean a damn thing in NBA ball.

Signing an INCONSISTENT bad decision-maker Affalo who played scared in Portland postseason games, only mean more minutes for Galloway as a combo. If Fisher is wise enough to play Thanis at the 2 spot then more minutes for him.

Afflalo shot 54 % from mid range which is what we did the most...I think that shows he is not a bad decision maker on offense. He was also an all star two years ago that we just got for 8 million a year.

Lopez is not a 4...he is clearly a 5 as I explained in that other thread. He plays defense, rebounds and can occasionally score..he is tyson with less athleticism and better offense.

And porzingis played in the second best league in the world...some consider Spain better than ncaa...and he shot over 50% from 2 point land and nearly 40% from 3 averaging 10 ppg in only 20 minutes so explain to me again why these are bad moves?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Afflalo shot 54 % from mid range which is what we did the most...I think that shows he is not a bad decision maker on offense. He was also an all star two years ago that we just got for 8 million a year.

Lopez is not a 4...he is clearly a 5 as I explained in that other thread. He plays defense, rebounds and can occasionally score..he is tyson with less athleticism and better offense.

And porzingis played in the second best league in the world...some consider Spain better than ncaa...and he shot over 50% from 2 point land and nearly 40% from 3 averaging 10 ppg in only 20 minutes so explain to me again why these are bad moves?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spain is much better than NCAA. Many Division I NCAA Players aren't good enough to make it to the Spanish league. A lot of Spanish league players are former 2nd round NBA draft picks, and most NCAA Players aren't good enough to get drafted in the first place!

Broadway

All Star
Spain is much better than NCAA. Many Division I NCAA Players aren't good enough to make it to the Spanish league. A lot of Spanish league players are former 2nd round NBA draft picks, and most NCAA Players aren't good enough to get drafted in the first place!

This may be true but nevertheless many Euro players don't make it in this league and there are far more college players selected over Euros, who remain in the league. Which means the numbers will always be weighted. Heck how many Euros get stashed that never come over, quite a bit and it isn't always about the buyouts. How many Euros come into the league and are the upper echelon of stars(Like Top 5 or 10 player over their career)....very few if any.

If you took collegiate talents and had them play by Euro rules I bet opinions would shift a bit. We've been through this before as a franchise with Gallo....stop trying to oversell this aspect of their background. #kporzee only needs to be judged by the talent he possesses and how it can play out on the court.

Last edited:
If Winslow gives us a chance to win now or in the next couple of years…wasn’t that the plan?

The plan wasn’t to re-sign Melo and draft a person that is projected (not confirmed) to be better in a few years from now. I’m sure Melo didn’t expect that. The fans and season ticket holders don’t want to hear that either.
The truth of the matter is that Phil threw out promises and expectations he couldn’t keep…and now excuses are flying in from everywhere citing that this will be another rebuild, smfh!

We were expecting free agents and draft picks to give us a run, to make us a true contender…instead we drafted a walking stick that gets hurt in a work out. So now…We are paying tons of money for tickets to not watch a team make a run to the playoffs… but to watch a NO-name project try to develop while all other teams actually try to be competitive.

This has to be one of the worse managed franchises in all of sports. For a city that bleeds and breath BBall, a city where you can find someone dribbling a ball on just about any block/park...we are expected to except an inept franchise to represent the mecca.

Hardly anyone sees just how much pressure is being put on this frail kid. So much so... the pressure alone might just crush his puny frame. He has a awful lot to prove (considering what other drafted players are doing)…knick fans are hungry and have grown tired of this mediocrity. When the highlights of the average Knicks fan discussion is bball poli-tricks (for years)…and not actual bball….there is something terribly wrong with this franchise.

Rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade…..wtf, mayne!!

mafra

Legend
Porzingis appeared in all 50 ACB and Eurocup games, averaging 11 points,4.6 rebounds and 21.4 minutes. He made friends and fans of the Americans —Roth, Watts and Byars.

Having worked with a young Pau Gasol and Andrea Bargnani, among other Europeanbig men, Roth said he knew the difference between a star prospect and apretender.

“Kris is a tough kid with passion, a worker, and he’s not going to back downfrom anyone,” Roth said. “He’s going to get knocked around a bit the firstcouple of years, but by the time he’s 23, you could have a monster.”

Watts recalled a preseason game against Valencia, one of Spain’s better teams,in which Porzingis had dominating stretches on the offensive and defensiveends, including a flurry of blocked shots.

Watts, a 6-8 forward, said: “I’ve been in Europe a long time and never had myshot blocked that many times in practice. I mean, he’s got that length.”

When contacted by N.B.A. teams looking for red flags on Porzingis, Byars toldthem there were none he could see, except Porzingis’s need to fill out.

“I don’t want to go on the record predicting the Hall of Fame, but he’s asseasoned and mature as any 19-year-old in Europe I’ve been around,” Byars said.“He’s thin, but it’s a strong thin frame.”

He added, “Kris has endless potential given the right situation, the rightopportunity.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/08/sp...=tw-share&_r=1

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This may be true but nevertheless many Euro players don't make it in this league and there are far more college players selected over Euros, who remain in the league. Which means the numbers will always be weighted. Heck how many Euros get stashed that never come over, quite a bit and it isn't always about the buyouts. How many Euros come into the league and are the upper echelon of stars(Like Top 5 or 10 player over their career)....very few if any.

If you took collegiate talents and had them play by Euro rules I bet opinions would shift a bit. We've been through this before as a franchise with Gallo....stop trying to oversell this aspect of their background. #kporzee only needs to be judged by the talent he possesses and how it can play out on the court.

Nobody is trying to oversell them - all I'm trying to do is show that he shouldn't be counted out because he's European. There are plenty of other reasons to not like his game. The European league is tougher in the sense that its players are older and more polished than players in the NCAA, but the NBA is still a whole other level of athleticism and quickness that many in both levels can't adhere to. There are many, many, MANY more players in NCAA Division I than there are in the Spanish League - there are only 18 teams in Spain's league as opposed to 352 (!!) NCAA Division I players. Obviously there will be far more successful college players than there will be Euros.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Winslow gives us a chance to win now or in the next couple of years…wasn’t that the plan?

The plan wasn’t to re-sign Melo and draft a person that is projected (not confirmed) to be better in a few years from now. I’m sure Melo didn’t expect that. The fans and season ticket holders don’t want to hear that either.
The truth of the matter is that Phil threw out promises and expectations he couldn’t keep…and now excuses are flying in from everywhere citing that this will be another rebuild, smfh!

We were expecting free agents and draft picks to give us a run, to make us a true contender…instead we drafted a walking stick that gets hurt in a work out. So now…We are paying tons of money for tickets to not watch a team make a run to the playoffs… but to watch a NO-name project try to develop while all other teams actually try to be competitive.

This has to be one of the worse managed franchises in all of sports. For a city that bleeds and breath BBall, a city where you can find someone dribbling a ball on just about any block/park...we are expected to except an inept franchise to represent the mecca.

Hardly anyone sees just how much pressure is being put on this frail kid. So much so... the pressure alone might just crush his puny frame. He has a awful lot to prove (considering what other drafted players are doing)…knick fans are hungry and have grown tired of this mediocrity. When the highlights of the average Knicks fan discussion is bball poli-tricks (for years)…and not actual bball….there is something terribly wrong with this franchise.

Rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade, rebuild, trade…..wtf, mayne!!

This post makes no sense at all.

Winslow fell to 10th. 10th. After we passed on him, five other teams passed on him because he's not that good and stunk it up in workouts. Winslow is the type of player who, due to his athleticism and quickness, should gain the most from a private workout, but apparently he stunk at those so badly that five teams thought there were better players in the draft. The last thing this team needs is a shooting guard who can't shoot and that seems to be what Winslow is.

Second of all, win now? Are you freaking serious? These guys won 17 games last year. Even with Melo on the floor these guys were freaking terrible - they were 1-13 with him in December. Do you honestly think that having Justise Winslow would amount to anything more than a minor improvement to this team? Having Winslow is a negligible factor. They're not winning a championship this year. They're not winning a championship next year. They did the best they could with Carmelo, Amar'e, and Tyson, and it didn't work out.

So now they're going to rebuild. And how do you rebuild? You pick the best player available with the highest potential. That's what they did. And it was a smart choice. Now, you could argue that Mudiay or Hezonja had higher potential, but there's no doubt in anybody's mind that Porzingis, Mudiay, and Hezonja all have higher ceilings than Winslow does.

You seem to think that these guys are 2-3 players away from being a championship team. They're not. Do you really think they could beat the Cavaliers with Irving, Love, and LeBron? Or the Hawks with their roster of nobodies that's still better than every team in the Eastern Conference because they have a great coach?

Carmelo and Winslow would've made this team a 33-win team. With Lopez and Afflalo and those guys it would be a 40 win team at most. They'd lose in the second round. With Porzingis...in 5 years, maybe this is a 55-win team that goes to the Finals. Maybe. But you know how you break out of mediocrity? You draft the best players available and build around them. That's what Phil is trying to do. Even with Greg Monroe here, this team would be a second-round exit, and even if by some miracle they beat Milwaukee, they'd get killed in the conference finals by the Cavs or the Hawks. They suck. That's all there is to it.