I still want Dantoni Fired, after 5 straight wins

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I am going to remain positive and say that the knicks current streak is a very good sign and it does make me believe that we will make the playoffs even if it is the 8th spot.. A few things i have recognized with ny is that although someone on here said that the knicks are playing injured and subpar teams, wtf ????? How long have the knicks had loosing seasons??? it doesnt matter who there up against, wether its a shitty team or not we all know that the knicks are prone to loosing to any team that shows up to play ball that day.., secondly when was the last time the knicks beat any team back to back?? , home and away in 2days??? The knicks i am used too dont do that.. The knicks finally have some decent chemistry going and i cant take away what they have done because of the teams they've played. Ive literally seen teams we have beaten win against teams we have lost too so too me the record for any team isnt relative right now., so as of right now the only dominant teams that are showing right now are San Antonio and LA..The upcoming december schedule will really show if NY is serious this season. I see some decent teams in the upcoming schedule...:gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
So where's all these competitive games you're talking about?

Portland, Boston, Chicago, and back to back against the Bobcats. No one is denying that we lost games to teams we should have beaten during that 6 game losing streak. What's funny is now that we are beating the teams we should beat you still want to be negative and hate!

I predicted D'Antoni wasn't going to do anything for the Knicks, the minute he got hired.

What has he done for the Knicks, thus far? Where are all these playoff appearances?

Has he even matched or beat Isiah Thomas' 33 win season with Eddy Curry as the star of the team, back in '07?

Oh, wait. He hasn't.

It's clear you don't grasp the concept of rebuilding or cap shedding. D'ant coached a Knick team trading talent for expiring contracts even when the team was hot. This destroyed chemistyry and left an inferior squad each time. How hard is this for you to understand? THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR AS THE KNICKS COACH WHERE HE HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE. Guess what! We are competing off to an 8-8 start including close loses to Boston, Portland and 2 free throws away from beating Goldenstate twice.

I don't have a crush on D'antoni and my post record is clear for you to reference. I have a crush on reality, objectivity and nuance.

BTW, I find it funny that you talk about crushes when to this day you have a crush on Marbury! A discredited player who found nothing but trouble across the league and had an early exit from the NBA exiled to China.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yes, obviously. The point was you claimed we earned a .500 record playing scrub teams when you were clearly wrong. Our record is a result of playing some fairly good teams as well.

P.S. The length you watch a team has no bearing on your basketball knowledge. I have been watching since the 80's, does that automatically make me more knowledgeable then you and anyone else who started in 90'? SImply put, Kiya for the most part doesn't know what he is talking about. He admits he is dominated by pessimism since 1999 and it clouds his judgment and objectivity. Reference his longing for Darko, Z. Randolph and Earl Barron for proof.

P.P.S. BTW, your predictions and negativity were wrong. The Knicks took both games against the Bobcats. At what point do you start becoming positive about the team you say you are fan of? 10 game winning streak? 20?

Kiyaman age add Knick history.

Have it ever occurred to u Knick-Fans are tired of getting their hopes up
high for a Knick team that only have "one" winning streak per season?
A winning streak where all the Knick players in the rotation show they
have defensive skills to win.
Having a defensive minded headcoach could lead to the Knicks having
3 or more winning streaks per season, like it did with headcoach Holzman,
Hubie, Riley, JVG, and (even) Chaney had 2 or 3 winning streaks a season
with Sprewell & Houston.

TR1LL1ON..... I respect your LUV (justification) for Dantoni, but your hate
for members that dont agree with your every word is starting to show.
Anyone who played in Streetball-tournaments, or H.S., or college, for a year
or more have just as much right to be a member as u (TR1LL1ON)
u are not the only one allowed to mention your facts, opinions, and theories
in this forum (so stop acting like it).

Age has showed the career of a winning Knicks team in the 60's, 70's, 80's,
and 90's always had a defensive-minded headcoach and staff, making the
history of the Knicks in the NBA one of the top-5 defensive teams.

I dont hate Dantoni/Walsh/Isiah/Marbury/Layden/Mcdess as long as they are
on the next team as the Knick oposition (competition).

Reference his longing for Darko, Z. Randolph and Earl Barron for proof.

P.S. I mention "BIGMEN" b/c Dantoni showed how inferior he was in coaching
veteran bigmen Hunter, Brian Grant, Kurt Thomas, and Shaq, while in Phoenix.
At what point do you start becoming positive about the team you say you are fan of? 10 game winning streak? 20?

I predicted Dantoni would have 30 win seasons the past two seasons,
was I postive or accurate?
I was pessimistic for two seasons about Walsh 2010 Plan on Lebron/D.Wade
was I positive or accurate.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Our shot selection is much better. I'm not mad that D'antoni's scheme relies on threes more than other coaches but he knows that they cant live and die by it. And the Knicks have found a great balance. We go to the line a lot. So we drive a lot.

Our defense is really predicated on our efficiency on offense. Every game for three quarters we play well, but in the 4th where our oppenents play that dangerous desparation basketball and our offense turns ugly, we cough up the ball or miss a shot then the other team starts running.

We need a closer more than anything. In game 7 of the NBA Finals we all know defense wasnt an issue for both teams. Celtics had a double digit lead in the 4th because they could not execute on offense. But the Lakers were able to at the end of the game. And Kobe really couldnt do anything. It was all Artest.

This was losing to bad teams earlier. Now we are showing that we are better than those kind of teams. When we face better teams we will be exposed but I think we will cure those ills. D'antoni has passed phase 1. Phase 2 is to close out games. Phase 3 will be oue defense. Defense comes first but we have to establish our strength which is our offense.
We can close out games, I am convinced now, we have won most of the many 4th quarter blown leads and survived them.

Amare comes through and as long as Gallo draws fouls he will be deadly at the end of games.

Im shocked that Gallo didnt realize he had to start driving to get open looks outside until now when almost everyone on this forum said right from the start of his 2nd season, "he has to drive more, this is getting ridiculous"

I just feel like Mike D focuses on his playbook, his 4 or so plays, and all about fast break and quick shots rather than teaching players defense. The reason why we go on defensive lapses is because the players have to motivate themselves to play good defense, this is why Ronnie Turiaf is so important to this team. His shotblocking pumps you up and when he starts making buckets u know the defense will have a hard time against Amare or someone much better. Turiaf is essential and Mike D should make him some under captain of some sorts. Most important players by order:
Amare
Felton
Turiaf
Fields
Gallo
Douglas
Chandler
Walker
Mozgov
Randolph
Rautins
Shawne Williams
Mason
.........................................Mike D
Curry

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Sigh...

Another rambling borderline incoherent rant from Kiya directed at me. Oh well, I'll bite..

Have it ever occurred to u Knick-Fans are tired of getting their hopes up
high for a Knick team that only have "one" winning streak per season?

I never said to get your hopes up, that is impossible as you have already admitted your pessimism started in 1999. How about instead of up you get your hopes to a rational level that does not involve ignoring the good things we are seeing from this team? How about you don't let that self admitted negativity tarnish the lens in which you view the Knicks in? That would be the logical first step before getting your "hopes up".

A winning streak where all the Knick players in the rotation show they
have defensive skills to win.
Having a defensive minded headcoach could lead to the Knicks having
3 or more winning streaks per season, like it did with headcoach Holzman, Hubie, Riley, JVG, and (even) Chaney had 2 or 3 winning streaks a season
with Sprewell & Houston.

Pure speculation and nothing more. How did Thibedau do against the Knicks? Why does he have the same number of wins as we do? See, this is my biggest problem with you Kiya, you state hypothetical situations as fact and debate from your own made up position. All those other coaches you mentioned had way better squads then what D'ant had during his tenure of our 2 year rebuild/cap shedding process. Judging D'ant on the last two years is unfair, short sided and clearly not objective. This season is the first year as Knicks coach that he has a team worthy of competing so calling for him to be fired even with an 8-8 record in the midst of a 5 game win streak just shows your bias and lack of objectivity. BTW, I am fairly certain that D'ant had a few win streaks as coach of the Suns...

TR1LL1ON..... I respect your LUV (justification) for Dantoni, but your hate for members that dont agree with your every word is starting to show.
Anyone who played in Streetball-tournaments, or H.S., or college, for a year
or more have just as much right to be a member as u (TR1LL1ON)
u are not the only one allowed to mention your facts, opinions, and theories
in this forum (so stop acting like it).

I dare you to back this up with quotes of my post record. My hate for members who don't agree with me? Just plain false! I disagree all the time with many posters but it stays respectful. What I hate are distortions, made up scenarios, trolling and irrational points made over and over in almost every thread. You are free to have your opinion and I am free to disagree. I am also free to get annoyed when you make shit up and when you repeat the same exact made up points in thread after thread after thread.

I predicted Dantoni would have 30 win seasons the past two seasons,
was I postive or accurate?
I was pessimistic for two seasons about Walsh 2010 Plan on Lebron/D.Wade
was I positive or accurate

great you predicted failure during a rebuild phase.Whoopiddddy dooooooo! What part of being a fan entails gloating about our failures?

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Felton has improved in his passing, and now looks a bit more comfortable playing on this system on offense.

Gallo is learning his game isn't just shooting 3 pointers but driving it in and getting to the line.

Amare is turning the ball over less and less as he isn't playing up top as much as he was but down in the paint.

Fields is improving right before our eyes with his energy and hustle.

The Knicks lost games in the past because they couldn't close or keep their composure. The last game against the Bobcats was big even though the Knicks blew the lead. D'antoni offense is better but I'm also not impressed with the defense yet. They get blocks and steals but the teams awareness on where the players are is poor.

Is it really D'antoni fault for players to loose their man on the baseline or cut the basket, or is it the players fault for their moment of weakness. The passed season D'antoni coached I will ignore, but the team is better individually. Time will tell.

I believe the team biggest problem is no communication on defense, with players talking it will give them extra eyes to stay with their man.

Teams we played against had injured players, the Knicks have one of their own, Azzy. Azubuike return is not to far and before he was injured he was having a good season. With Azzy the Knicks defense can improve as well as their offense, that is of course if injuries hasn't affected his game.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Portland, Boston, Chicago, and back to back against the Bobcats. No one is denying that we lost games to teams we should have beaten during that 6 game losing streak. What's funny is now that we are beating the teams we should beat you still want to be negative and hate!

Let's see, the only 3 teams you can mention that the Knicks played that are above .500 are the Celtics, Trailblazers, and Boozerless Bulls.

The Knicks played 16 games.

Thanks for proving me right.

With the schedule the Knicks had thus far, the Knicks should be 11-5.

The fact that they couldn't handle injury depleted teams like the Rockets, Timberwolves, and 76ers will come back to haunt D'Antoni and all the D'Antonisexuals including yourself.

When D'Antoni loses for the 3rd straight year, don't say I didn't tell you so.

I will simply laugh at you and all the other D'Antoni family members.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Let's see, the only 3 teams you can mention that the Knicks played that are above .500 are the Celtics, Trailblazers, and Boozerless Bulls.

The fact that they couldn't handle injury depleted teams like the Rockets, Timberwolves, and 76ers will come back to haunt D'Antoni and all the D'Antonisexuals including yourself.

:teeth::teeth: LOL, we should be 11-5! If ever there were a number pulled from ones ass this would be it. So you think we should be on par with Boston, Orlando, OKC and Utah just behind the Lakers and Spurs if only we had a different coach! :teeth::teeth: Riiiiiiiiiiiight! You keep making these totally awesome and gnarly wild proclamations! It does wonders for your credibility...

Hang ten maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :peace: You can do it!!!!!!!!!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I am D'Antoni's sex slave. He told me to manipulate people's post and defend him, if I wanted to get some dick in my pussy.

:lol:

You continue to manipulate posts, the same way D'Antoni manipulates his way into your asscheeks 10x a day.

I never said the Knicks should be on par with the elite NBA teams, you idiot.

I said the Knicks had an easy schedule, and they should have taken advantage of it.

If D'Antoni's dick is so far up your colon that you can't comprehend the fact that the Knicks blew their easiest stretch of games they will ever have this season then you are a cumface.

But what else is new?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
:lol:

You continue to manipulate posts, the same way D'Antoni manipulates his way into your asscheeks 10x a day.

I never said the Knicks should be on par with the elite NBA teams, you idiot.

I said the Knicks had an easy schedule, and they should have taken advantage of it.

If D'Antoni's dick is so far up your colon that you can't comprehend the fact that the Knicks blew their easiest stretch of games they will ever have this season then you are a cumface.

But what else is new?

Projecting much huh...

I speak facts, you speak hyperbole and nonsense about hypothetical records without refuting my points. Now you are mad and trying to lash out with some lame rehashed jokes from two years ago.

Gay.b.c.d's ultimate fantasy is to get pounded by Marbury and Harlem Heat while laying on Donald Trumps desk while he yells "you're fired" to D'antoni.

You can thank me tomorrow when you wake up from the wet dream caused by that image I just painted for you.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Yes the Knicks should've won those games. The Hornets probably should've beaten the Clippers too. But they didn't. Basketball isn't played on paper; bad teams do beat good teams...you do know that, don't you?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Felton has improved in his passing, and now looks a bit more comfortable playing on this system on offense.

Gallo is learning his game isn't just shooting 3 pointers but driving it in and getting to the line.

Amare is turning the ball over less and less as he isn't playing up top as much as he was but down in the paint.

Fields is improving right before our eyes with his energy and hustle.

The Knicks lost games in the past because they couldn't close or keep their composure. The last game against the Bobcats was big even though the Knicks blew the lead. D'antoni offense is better but I'm also not impressed with the defense yet. They get blocks and steals but the teams awareness on where the players are is poor.

Is it really D'antoni fault for players to loose their man on the baseline or cut the basket, or is it the players fault for their moment of weakness. The passed season D'antoni coached I will ignore, but the team is better individually. Time will tell.

I believe the team biggest problem is no communication on defense, with players talking it will give them extra eyes to stay with their man.

Teams we played against had injured players, the Knicks have one of their own, Azzy. Azubuike return is not to far and before he was injured he was having a good season. With Azzy the Knicks defense can improve as well as their offense, that is of course if injuries hasn't affected his game.

A very sensible synopsis of the team's progress thus far, w a rational, real perception of the past.. Kiya, ABCD you should be taking notes.

Dude where do you get ^^^ this shat?? 11 - 5? What about the FACT that we have team w an array of new players all trying to get used to one another and the system. Do ya think that might've also factored in to some of our losses so far?? Do you have any ability to look at the picture in front of you?

Riley gone. JVG gone. Chaney gone. We play the SSOL dude w Mike D.. We have the players now. The system works in NY too, as we're beginning to see. Get over it.

Kiyaman

Legend
ronoranina..... its a nonfactor of the players talents we have on the roster.....
we seen the big defensive effort of Mozgov in the Fiba games to know the
potential of talent he can give on the court.
We seen the big effort of defensive hustling talent of Toney Douglas in
his first Knick SLG toutnament, as well as rookie Landry Fields.
We seen 3 seasons of Wilson Chandler defensive effort on multi-positions
to know what we can expect from his performance.
We all witness several athletic crazy moves of Anthony Randolph to know
when he get the right "coach" he will know where to focus & filter all that
athletic energy at on the court and at what position.
The talent u see coming from just these 5 players in the 17 Knick games
has nothing to do with Dantoni coaching. Has Dantoni coaching showed
any improvement in Felton skills?

Felton talent has always been above Duhon talent, its the Bobcats organization
that did not see any improvement in Felton performance after 5 seasons.
Will Felton improve as a Knick? maybe.
However, there is not a Natural Marajuana plant grown yet that can make
a person dream of Felton's talent coming close to running Mr. Steve Nash
SSOL system. So u need to check what u are smoking, and stop trying to
pass it to board members b/c it aint natural, its mixed chemicals.
Riley gone. JVG gone. Chaney gone. We play the SSOL dude w Mike D.. We have the players now. The system works in NY too, as we're beginning to see. Get over it.
When? where? how? and with who? :smokin::smokin::smokin:
smoking chemicals cause a serious type of mental cancer

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hey all teams can do is play the schedule laid out in front of them, but there is no denying the Knicks beat team we were supposed to beat. I'm glad the guys showed some pride and fought back towards .500, but don't pretend this is a team of world beaters out there.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
A very sensible synopsis of the team's progress thus far, w a rational, real perception of the past.. Kiya, ABCD you should be taking notes.

Thanks for the shout out, didn't think anyone read that.

The Knicks continue beating teams they are suppose to beat, but last couple of season that wasn't the case. The Knicks play a level needed to win, and take advantage of their opportunities to win the game.

The Twolves rematch for example, horrible defense the first quarter from the Knicks and TWolves offense was flowing. The fact that the ability to keep the game close in spite of their opponents hot shooting tells me the Knicks are a brand new team. The Knicks does what it takes to win.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Kiyaman and myself are veterans on this site. Our opinions are based on facts. D'Antoni is in his 3rd season with the team.

What has D'Antoni done for the Knicks? Nothing.

And until he does something for the Knicks, I will never support him.

If the Knicks can go .500 against the top competition they are about to face from December 12th to February 2nd, then I'll give D'Antoni credit.

Until then, he gets no credit from me.

Kiyaman has watched the Knicks since the 70s. He knows what he's talking about.

You may not agree with him, which is your right, but he's one of the most intelligent posters on this site.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
ronoranina..... its a nonfactor of the players talents we have on the roster.....
we seen the big defensive effort of Mozgov in the Fiba games to know the
potential of talent he can give on the court.
We seen the big effort of defensive hustling talent of Toney Douglas in
his first Knick SLG toutnament, as well as rookie Landry Fields.
We seen 3 seasons of Wilson Chandler defensive effort on multi-positions
to know what we can expect from his performance.
We all witness several athletic crazy moves of Anthony Randolph to know
when he get the right "coach" he will know where to focus & filter all that
athletic energy at on the court and at what position.
The talent u see coming from just these 5 players in the 17 Knick games
has nothing to do with Dantoni coaching. Has Dantoni coaching showed
any improvement in Felton skills?

Felton talent has always been above Duhon talent, its the Bobcats organization
that did not see any improvement in Felton performance after 5 seasons.
Will Felton improve as a Knick? maybe.
However, there is not a Natural Marajuana plant grown yet that can make
a person dream of Felton's talent coming close to running Mr. Steve Nash
SSOL system. So u need to check what u are smoking, and stop trying to
pass it to board members b/c it aint natural, its mixed chemicals.

When? where? how? and with who? :smokin::smokin::smokin:
smoking chemicals cause a serious type of mental cancer

Ok, so I get that you are the resident D'antoni hating troll here. But are you actually a Knicks fan?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Ok, so I get that you are the resident D'antoni hating troll here. But are you actually a Knicks fan?

You don't have to approve of D'Antoni to be a Knick fan.

I don't like D'Antoni as a coach, but I like Amar'e Stoudemire, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields, Ronny Turiaf, Timofey Mozgov, etc.

Many people didn't like Isiah Thomas, and they're still Knick fans.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
You don't have to approve of D'Antoni to be a Knick fan.

I don't like D'Antoni as a coach, but I like Amar'e Stoudemire, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields, Ronny Turiaf, Timofey Mozgov, etc.

Many people didn't like Isiah Thomas, and they're still Knick fans.

Yea, I guess I didn't really articulate my perception of Kiyaman very well. Kiyaman just seems really negative about the Knicks in every one of his posts. It's just hard for me to believe that he actually roots for the team. His never-ending D'antoni bashing is only an epitome of a more general pattern of behavior.

And for the record, not giving D'antoni ANY credit for providing a system that allows felton to thrive and put up career numbers is just plain asinine.