If we get the #2, then who do we pick??

Who do you want at #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
Because if the Grizzlies draft Rubio, he'll stay in Spain. Why would Rubio leave for Memphis, when he can stay in Spain and make more money. I'm pretty sure he's stated that he won't leave Spain for Memphis anyway (who would?). The Grizzlies drafting Rubio, and not trading him, is basically a wasted pick for them.

I think we have to do whatever it takes to get Rubio. We need someone to build around. At the moment, we just have some good role players. Lee, Chandler, Nate; these guys aren't guys you can build around. We shouldn't just wait for a slim chance of getting Lebron/Wade in 2010, if we can get a superstar in the draft.

Exactly my point.
I dont know why people have a hard time understanding this.

dave2138

Rotation player
He loses roughly 2.5 mil over 4 years if Sacramento picks him at 4 and not Memphis at 2. Maybe he makes more money in endorsements by going to NY/Boston, but then every rookie should demand that they play in NY...

I hate when rookies like Eli Manning/Steve Francis choose where they want to play..why can't they just suck it up like the other 99.99% of rookies in sports. Yes, he has an insane buyout, but shouldn't the reward of going into the NBA and being closer to free agency in 4 years be enough for him.

He's not going back to Europe..there has been enough drama already for him over there, he can't really turn back now. There is no proof that he is staying in Spain if Memphis or Oklahoma pick him, all rumors. Maybe he will be pissed if he has to go, but too much pressure to come over.

I'm just trying to make the point that its better for him to just play the 4 years in Memphis, prove himself as an elite pg and then sign with a big market team afterwards.

I don't think anybody should expect a trade..we hear rumors like this every year and most of the time wind up never happening.

There is better than a slim chance of the Knicks getting a player to build around next off season. Even if its not Lebron/Wade, there are still a few other options that are good enough to go after. Patience is the key..it could really backfire to put the franchise on a 19 year old's back expecting him to be Steve Nash right away.

GetRealistic

Starter
He loses roughly 2.5 mil over 4 years if Sacramento picks him at 4 and not Memphis at 2. Maybe he makes more money in endorsements by going to NY/Boston, but then every rookie should demand that they play in NY...

I hate when rookies like Eli Manning/Steve Francis choose where they want to play..why can't they just suck it up like the other 99.99% of rookies in sports. Yes, he has an insane buyout, but shouldn't the reward of going into the NBA and being closer to free agency in 4 years be enough for him.

He's not going back to Europe..there has been enough drama already for him over there, he can't really turn back now. There is no proof that he is staying in Spain if Memphis or Oklahoma pick him, all rumors. Maybe he will be pissed if he has to go, but too much pressure to come over.

I'm just trying to make the point that its better for him to just play the 4 years in Memphis, prove himself as an elite pg and then sign with a big market team afterwards.

I don't think anybody should expect a trade..we hear rumors like this every year and most of the time wind up never happening.

There is better than a slim chance of the Knicks getting a player to build around next off season. Even if its not Lebron/Wade, there are still a few other options that are good enough to go after. Patience is the key..it could really backfire to put the franchise on a 19 year old's back expecting him to be Steve Nash right away.

I agree if i was David Stern or would cut this nonsense out right now... IF they player doesn't want to play where he is drafted he doesn't play... I would make Rubio say he will play anywhere he's drafted before draft night or hes not eligible for the draft.

Sure Memphis is a small market but if Rubio is as great as everybody claims he is a lineup of Rubio, Mayo, Gay, ?, and Gasol would be a nice little team if they jell together. Great players get endorsement money wherever they plan. Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Carmello, and Lebron all play in small media markets and do just fine. Shit Chris Bosh plays in Canada and he does fine endorsement wise.

Rubio would be great to have but a team like Washington is interested and they have equal if not better trading assets then we do and the 5th pick. Why would Memphis not want the 5th pick over the 8th? AT the 5th pick they are more assured to get the player they want.

ANU

Starter
the only way i'd trade all that shit metro would for the 2 would be if i knew, or had a feeling the clippers where gonna draft rubio.but then if memphis felt the same, they're is no way they'd pass up the chance at griffin.
chandler the 8th, and mobley's contract for darko and the 2 is a decent trade for both teams.memphis gets outta paying darko 14 mill over two seasons, and pays mobley 2 or 3 mill from his ensured contract, and get a young forward, along with the 8th, where they may get a shot at hill .that's what i'd offer, and that is all i would offer.if the clippers draft rubio, we draft griffin, sign and trade lee to whoever drafted curry/flynn/ or lawson.

richtree

Rotation player
Blake is # 1

So the next 3 best pieces are

Thabeet

D. DeRozen

R.Rubio

Rubio is a long term project for an established team --

So whoever is picking # 2 should pick btw DeRozen/Thabeet

Rubio and Harden will be 4 and 5 picks

I said it before, Knicks should focus on getting a late first round pick

This draft has great depth with guys like Sam Young (solid NBA player)

Earl Clark, and T. Williams (Lousville)

Terek Evans (spelling sux, i know) very nice passer and can rebound, and defend from point posititon.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Blake is # 1

So the next 3 best pieces are

Thabeet

D. DeRozen

R.Rubio

Rubio is a long term project for an established team --

So whoever is picking # 2 should pick btw DeRozen/Thabeet

Rubio and Harden will be 4 and 5 picks

I said it before, Knicks should focus on getting a late first round pick

This draft has great depth with guys like Sam Young (solid NBA player)

Earl Clark, and T. Williams (Lousville)

Terek Evans (spelling sux, i know) very nice passer and can rebound, and defend from point posititon.

Derozan at 2 or 3
??? Seriously?

He's a guy with a lot of potential but that's it. At best, I see him being drafted by us only if flynn, curry, evans, williams or any of the top 4 (blake, rubio, thabeet, harden) don't drop to us. Derozan will probably be our last option.

richtree

Rotation player
I bet he goes before we pick -- you people all read articles to get your knowledge, I can figured it out with my own eyes.,

Go back and look at where I told you James Harden is the truth and a top 5 pick before the season started.

Draft now

1. Blake
2. Thabeet
3. Harden
4. DeRozen
5. Rubio
6. Evans
7. Curry
8. Hill
9. Clark
10. Lawson
Watch T. Williams, W. Ellington and Sam Young fly up draft boards