Informal Game Thread: Knicks vs Suns - Saturday Matinee - December 20, 2014

Even if we stink, I'm not going to say no to a rare Saturday afternoon game. Melo expected to play today. So, there's that. Suns have lots of interesting young talent and it wouldn't be crazy to think maybe one of these guys could be our focus in the future. Let's go Knicks!

Suns have lost 6 of their last 7 and they are going to be hungry for a win given that they are a team with playoff aspirations in that brutal Western Conference.

With Melo back, he starts along with Calderon, THJ, Acy, and Aldrich. Interesting to see if Wear, who started last game with Melo out, is one of the first guys off the bench.

Fans start booing with us down 15 - 4 halfway through the 1st quarter. Calderon quiets the boos with an immediate 3-pointer, but for how long?

Dalembert, Jason Smith, and Prigioni all early subs in the 1st quarter. Calderon and Melo only 2 starters left in the game with over 5 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for keeping the light on in the game thread HTR10. Would anybody sign Dragic for max money or near max money this off-season, I think we should be looking for a big but I like Dragic, just not sure with Calderon having another year or if Dragic is worth max money.

I like this frontcourt of Dalembert, Jason Smith, and Melo. It gives us size, some rebounding, some defense, and a second shooter in the frontline with some offensive range.

Thanks for keeping the light on in the game thread HTR10. Would anybody sign Dragic for max money or near max money this off-season, I think we should be looking for a big but I like Dragic, just not sure with Calderon having another year or if Dragic is worth max money.

I like Dragic a lot, but unless we are moving Calderon's contract, I can't see him being one of our targets. Who knows though, a backcourt of Calderon and Dragic could theoretically work in the triangle.

Wear comes in for Melo and we continue to roll with the big frontcourt. Just like that, we've come all the way back and are only down 2 after being down by as much as 11 in the first quarter.

Larkin makes up a heads up play to get a layup on a loose ball and we have our first lead of the afternoon.

Calderon with 8 and Melo and Jason Smith each with 7, accounting for two-thirds our scoring so far. We need a 2 guard who can show up on a regular basis and we'd maybe have something on the offensive end. Our defense, on the other hand, is way more than one piece from being there

tiger0330

Legend
You know we are in all these games. I see DFish still thinks the Knicks have a shot at the playoffs and I have visions of Bargs coming back and making the difference in these close games, guys that want the Knicks to tank would really hate Bargnani then dashing the hopes of the Knicks getting a chance at a top 5 pick if they make the playoffs.

You know we are in all these games. I see DFish still thinks the Knicks have a shot at the playoffs and I have visions of Bargs coming back and making the difference in these close games, guys that want the Knicks to tank would really hate Bargnani then dashing the hopes of the Knicks getting a chance at a top 5 pick if they make the playoffs.

Yeah, definitely a possibility, but I'm at the point where I'm not even sure Bargnani will even play this season. Already more than 30 games and still doesn't seem like his return is imminent.

We played a bad first 6 minutes and then were the better team for the last quarter and a half of the 1st half. Leading at the half, we definitely need to come out just as tough in the opening minute of the 2nd half or the Suns will blow right back past us.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, definitely a possibility, but I'm at the point where I'm not even sure Bargnani will even play this season. Already more than 30 games and still doesn't seem like his return is imminent.

We played a bad first 6 minutes and then were the better team for the last quarter and a half of the 1st half. Leading at the half, we definitely need to come out just as tough in the opening minute of the 2nd half or the Suns will blow right back past us.
I think Barg's is close, he practiced for 20 minutes with the team. I think we see him no later than mid-January unless he has another setback which with him is always a possibility.

Good game so far. Knicks with the 1 point lead going into the 4th quarter. Man, does Isiah's son seem to be a doofus. Lots of talent on offense, but he just doesn't seem to take the game very seriously. Let's see if we have the legs left to hold onto this lead or if this will be yet another heartbreaker.

We come out ice cold and they come out hot to start the 4th quarter. Just like that, we're back in the usual hole in the 4th quarter. Three minutes wiped out a great effort for the last two plus quarters.

Wow, this new lineup of Melo, THJ, Calderon, Prigs, and Aldrich instantly get the lead back to 1. Here we go.