It's official. Knicks resolve Marbury situation

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree on the skill point Paul but you might want to understand that this young team is learning how to win together. They are tapping into a level of confidence that the coaching staff and Marbury's conduct didn't allow last year.

It is imperative that these Knicks believe they are winners so they can take the next step towards the playoffs and beyond. The only way they can believe in themselves is to play together as a team with no default "Superstars". At least not one that has the affect on a team like Marbury tends to.

Like I said before, Marbury is a good player. However, him getting on the court and contributing is not necessary at this time and as long as he plays the part of the good soldier while on the bench, he will eventually earn his spot on the roster sooner than later.

Great Point!

Marbury has a teammate problem since his arrival across the river on the New Jersey Nets. His talent is unquestionable outstanding but when your teammates dont show up to make your talent even better there is a problem.
If Walsh can find a 6.10 shotblocker within the next two months to put alongside of Zach & Lee frontcourt rotation (not Jefferies)....this way upcomming Star Wilson Chandler playingtime could be at his natural position SF.
The Knicks could FOOL us all by making a push for the playoffs by activating Marbury in February to let him come off the bench to provide a deeper depth for this team. Teammates cant get mad when alot of pressure been lifted off their shoulders and put on Marbury....for the Playoff run or the success in the Playoffs.
:peace::beer::peace:

Toons

is the Bo$$
Exiled Stephon Marbury Stephon Marbury was summoned yesterday morning to a 45-minute meeting with Knick president Donnie Walsh at the team's Westchester headquarters, and the sides held preliminary discussions about a buyout, two sources told The Post.

Marbury, who has no agent, was joined by Players Association attorney Hal Biagas.

The ball is now rolling for a Marbury-Knick divorce. A team source said an official breakup could happen in one week

portega1968

El Cacique
was just gonna post this. if he is gone in a week....i owonder if i should snatch him up in my fantasy league

I was doing just THAT this morning in my ESPN league but I decided to wait for the game week to be over on Sunday so I won't have to drop two games from my roster... but I'm definitely picking him up on Monday.

Regarding this buyout story, has anyone else considered that maybe the buyout talk is a distraction and what really may be on the table is a trade? It's curious Walsh didn't go ahead and tell him to negotiate with other teams knowing that would factor into the eventual savings (another headfake)

Maybe a 3way between Miami, NY and GS in the works? Maybe Donnie telling Steph if he agreed to a lesser buyout amount it would make a trade happen?

Just food for thought considering Walsh has consistently shown throughout his decades in the league that he is against a buyout for nothing.

Anyways, at least there is hope this ongoing drama will finally reach a decisive moment sooner than later.

Now, I'm already thinking about all the dirty laundry that's gonna feed the media once he leaves the Knicks... no doubt lotsa Page 6 material folks.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
the thing I don't understand is reading the article saying that the Knicks want him to agree to not sign with an Eastern conference team, but knowing his history all the teams he go to end up being bad so wouldn't you want him to stay in the East and even go to an Atlantic Division team like Boston?

jzero29

Rotation player
Fair enough, but I never said they were an elite team...so you just dropped an unsolicited "Dolphins blow" on a team that was 1-15 last year and is now 5-4. I'd say the Lions, Raiders, Seahawks, etc. blow. I'd say the Dolphins are playing perfectly fine right now for what they have.
Okay so they don't blow, they are worse they are just a tease.

I agree on the skill point Paul but you might want to understand that this young team is learning how to win together. They are tapping into a level of confidence that the coaching staff and Marbury's conduct didn't allow last year.

It is imperative that these Knicks believe they are winners so they can take the next step towards the playoffs and beyond. The only way they can believe in themselves is to play together as a team with no default "Superstars". At least not one that has the affect on a team like Marbury tends to.

Like I said before, Marbury is a good player. However, him getting on the court and contributing is not necessary at this time and as long as he plays the part of the good soldier while on the bench, he will eventually earn his spot on the roster sooner than later.
Don't think he can earn a spot on roster. D'antoni really doesn't like him. He activated an injured curry over steph???

WiL8000

Rotation player
When Marbury was first traded to the Knicks I was psyched and thought if he could succeed anywhere, it would be in New York. While his talent could never be questioned, a lot of people were telling me how he alienated his teammates everywhere he went, again I thought not in New York, why would he make the same mistakes on the team he always wanted to lead. Like a lot of Knicks fans I too was fed up with all the drama last season.

I originally wanted to see him rectify himself and have a chance to play this season in New York, but at the same time I understand the Knicks decision. I also was hoping they'd trade Marbury to get something in return, but likely would just get players with bad contracts and continue the unwise decisions that have plagued this organization.

The good news is that hefty salary will be off the books after the season and if he's bought out, this situation will no longer be a distraction for the team and fans sooner than waiting the entire season. Of course there's a chance he'll play in the eastern conference and that's his right if he's bought out, but I'm so ready for this saga to end and just focus on who's out there playing.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
anything is possible Wil...if we get LeBron im buying courtside season tickets, and you could quote me on that

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
I mean honestly WTF! You got 21 mil on the team atleast let him play it out!? And its not like he's even out of shape or anything. He's not only the best talent on the team but he's also in better sahpe than anyone else on this team it seems. WHy Dantoni refused to play him we may never know...

....yea tru

portega1968

El Cacique
I think the reason why D'Antoni hasn't played Steph is obvious. He did it to earn the commitment to his game plan from all the other players. He knew that having Steph in the rotation would continue the "Steph should be the starter at PG" argument and who knows how many other distractions. By proving to the team that Steph is no longer in the equation, he now has their full attention, commitment and loyalty. Curry also was an example that if you don't put in the effort, you're not getting minutes regardless of your paycheck.

It's true that you should play your best and most expensive player, but if that is gonna really rub the wrong way on the other guys that'll be here next year, then D'Antoni placed the team above the star player and I won't blame him for that. No doubt he could've gone about it in a more thoughful manner, but the intention is still right.

Just my humble opinion, not intended to hate on Steph and somewhat based on what happened last year after Steph and Isiah got into it on the Phoenix flight (everything really went downhill after that). Also, look at how benching Steph in the first game led to losing the following two games cause of all the Steph talk; but once Walsh met with Steph and backed D'Antoni, the team started to play with much more energy again.