kENYON SHUT UP AND TAKE CARMELO WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tkf

Benchwarmer
George Karl has been a decent winning regular season coach in Seattle, Milaukie, and Denver.
George Karl does not have the dynamics of being a strategic series playoff coach. Im sure his career playoff record should be around .400 for making the first round.
Gary Payton and Xavier McDaniel took George Karl Sonics to the Finals, then had George Karl fired.
Ray Allen & Sam Cassel took George Karl Bucks to the playoffs each season.
Camby, K.Mart, Melo, and Iverson took George Karl Nuggets to the playoffs each season.
Chauncey Billups took George Karl Nuggets to the western conference playoffs
The feud between Karl vs Cousin probably has a lot to do with Karl career playoff record.

I don't agree with what you are doing here...

you are basically saying Karl was carried by players who really never had a history of carrying teams deep into the playoffs..
that is not a fair analysis at all.

Before karl got to seattle they had not won 50 games since 1981, karl came to seattle in 1991, that is a 10 year drought, karls first year in seattle he won 50+ games. BTW gary payton was there before karl. and they didn't have Karl fired, after they lost to the bulls he coached two more season in which he won 57 and then won 61 games the following year..

After karl left they never touched 50 wins again.. and guess what.. Payton was still there for several years..

do you need me to tell you how similar a pattern was followed in Denver? I think you get the picture..

He had a stud in payton and kemp, went to the finals, he has not had that kind of talent since then. had he not faced jordan he probably wins a ring. In denver he just didn't have the horses to get to the finals, remember carmelo was the best player on that team right? did you really expect carmelo to get the nuggets to the finals?

I don't think your analysis of Karl is fair at all...

The feud between Karl vs Cousin probably has a lot to do with Karl career playoff record.

That doesn't make any sense, can you tell me then what was the cause of the feud between cousins and Westphal?

Tkf

Benchwarmer
u right .. if the Knicks were going to draft a bigman i wouldve took Kaminsky over WCS, Myles Turner, or Zingis
The only reason i could come up with the Knicks selecting Zingis were Dolan trying to pull the russian-fans from the Brooklyn Nets Barkley center to buy season tickets to the Knicks MSG to watch the early growth of russian Zingis.

Im moving to Charlotte NC in a few months so I will be going to see the early growth of Kaminsky NBA career.
Yes, I will be in KO forum comparing Zingis vs Kaminsky the next 4 years.

I might catch some games in charlotte as well

tiger0330

Legend
u right .. if the Knicks were going to draft a bigman i wouldve took Kaminsky over WCS, Myles Turner, or Zingis
The only reason i could come up with the Knicks selecting Zingis were Dolan trying to pull the russian-fans from the Brooklyn Nets Barkley center to buy season tickets to the Knicks MSG to watch the early growth of russian Zingis.

Im moving to Charlotte NC in a few months so I will be going to see the early growth of Kaminsky NBA career.
Yes, I will be in KO forum comparing Zingis vs Kaminsky the next 4 years.
Good luck with this Kiya. Don't be a stranger to KOL and desert the Knicks when you're down there.

Kiyaman

Legend

you are basically saying Karl was carried by players who really never had a history of carrying teams deep into the playoffs..

Before karl got to seattle they had not won 50 games since 1981, karl came to seattle in 1991, that is a 10 year drought, karls first year in seattle he won 50+ games. BTW gary payton was there before karl. and they didn't have Karl fired, after they lost to the bulls he coached two more season in which he won 57 and then won 61 games the following year..

After karl left they never touched 50 wins again.. and guess what.. Payton was still there for several years..

do you need me to tell you how similar a pattern was followed in Denver? I think you get the picture..

He had a stud in payton and kemp, went to the finals, he has not had that kind of talent since then. had he not faced jordan he probably wins a ring. In denver he just didn't have the horses to get to the finals, remember carmelo was the best player on that team right? did you really expect carmelo to get the nuggets to the finals?

That doesn't make any sense, can you tell me then what was the cause of the feud between cousins and Westphal?

I would never mention George Karl not being a decent winning regular season coach .. however I been mentioning Karl not being a strategic coach in a playoff series for decades. Yes, i won more betting against Karl in the playoffs.
I do recall when "Gus Williams & MVP Dennis Johnson" won the championship for the Seattle SuperSonics, then I watch the Sonics organization let the roster go when players became FA.

The big offseason question still holds at ...
Why did George Karl want the Kings organization to trade Cousins???

name some of the center players Karl had in his career

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I would never mention George Karl not being a decent winning regular season coach .. however I been mentioning Karl not being a strategic coach in a playoff series for decades. Yes, i won more betting against Karl in the playoffs.
I do recall when "Gus Williams & MVP Dennis Johnson" won the championship for the Seattle SuperSonics, then I watch the Sonics organization let the roster go when players became FA.

name some of the center players Karl had in his career

Honestly, unless it is red auerbach or phil jackson, you are going to win more than you lose betting against most coaches in the history of the NBA.

You will win more than you lose betting against larry brown, Jerry sloan, heck maybe even pat riley.

my point is that comment really doesn't prove your point neither does it help it.

I also recall when dennis johnson won the championship with the sonics, that was a long time before karl, the point is, that franchise was not relevant for a long time until karl came aboard, the same can be said with Denver and Milwaukee, and karl has shown, when given the horses, he can win in the playoffs.. again, he lost to jordan in the finals, just like jerry sloan and a lot of great coaches in this league.

karl may be a better regular season coach than playoff coach, but that just tells me how good of a coach he is in the regular season, the guy won a ton of games..

that is not a big question, cousins is a problem, he is a headache, why do you think westphal wanted him gone as well. karl wanting cousins gone is more of an indictment of cousins than karl..

Kiyaman

Legend
I might catch some games in charlotte as well

u in the Charlotte neighborhood .. Good chance we might bumb heads

that is not a big question, cousins is a problem, he is a headache, why do you think westphal wanted him gone as well. karl wanting cousins gone is more of an indictment of cousins than karl..

Cousins is no more of a problem/headache than any other young star player on a consistent losing franchise, a franchise that hasnt made the playoffs since 2005-6 season.
Westphal future as a coach was over in Seattle

Good luck with this Kiya. Don't be a stranger to KOL and desert the Knicks when you're down there

Tiger .. u know I made KOL my Knicks homeroom

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer
u in the Charlotte neighborhood .. Good chance we might bumb heads

Cousins is no more of a problem/headache than any other young star player on a consistent losing franchise, a franchise that hasnt made the playoffs since 2005-6 season.
Westphal future as a coach was over in Seattle

Tiger .. u know I made KOL my Knicks homeroom

I live in Atlanta, but I have friends in charlotte, not a far drive at all..

as far as cousins, not every young player who experienced losing was such a problem for two, well respected coaches. Remember cousins is the same guy who approached sean Elliot a commentator and tried to pick a fight. he has issues, and for a guy as talented as he is, for two coaches to want to trade him at this point in his career should raise some antennas..

good luck with the charlotte move.. maybe we run into each other at a charlotte game.

Steezo

Benchwarmer
Chauncey Billups took George Karl Nuggets to the western conference playoffs

I wish folks would stop spewing such BS, this is beyond false, let alone the fact they lost to the same team as the year previous, w/ the league's best player since Jordan playing at his peak in '08.

Last edited:

Steezo

Benchwarmer

We can't forget that years like 2013 happened, and I won't EVEN bring up the years Houston (somehow) repeated.......

Tkf

Benchwarmer
We can't forget that years like 2013 happened, and I won't EVEN bring up the years Houston (somehow) repeated.......

yea, Denver won 57 games in 2013, a franchise record, he did it with lawson, gallo, chandler, faried...