Knick offseason workouts

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Damn Jerome makes me so mad. I wish we could get rid of him. HE aint good for anything, and his fat ass takes up two seats on the bench. We gotta drop em for realz.

I really feel like we goin to be nice this year... i mean look at all the players we have heard about that have been workin out this year:
Stephon
Jamal
Nate
Reynaldo
David Lee
Curry
Jared Jeffries
Q
Chandler
Nicholas (I really hope we sign this kid)

I'm sure the other guys are doin good too but since the majority of our team has a year under their belts together i think we are really going to excel this year. I cant wait less than two months away baby....

Jerome is getting ready for a life in the music industry after he gets bought out LOL
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/search/locations.php?oid=499854

Bigg D, Bigg Music
The cool kids are kicking it at Cielo
BY RAINA MCLEOD
We know you know the advantages of a live musical performance versus a DJ spinning tunes you can hear on the radio for free, so we won?t insult you with the details. But we will tell you about the newest place to get your fix and groove with celebrity performers and Miami?s urban chic, brought to you by superproducer Bigg D and New York Knicks baller Jerome James. If you?ve never heard of Bigg D and his Bottom Shelf Band, then you must have been under some wack music rock for the past year and a half.

jzero29

Rotation player
More power to him!

Hey, more power to him(jefferies). I'm glad to hear he's taking responsibility and wants to improve himself. Because evry little improvement by a player makes the team as a group better. We still have to see if he'll be here when season starts.
I hate to agree with the 1 and only, but he's right. Yeah we have off only 2 weeks a year or whatever, he's got 5 months, but for weeks at a time, during the season, he is away from his family on road trips, travel dates, official training camps, practices when he is home. During the season they have very little time to be with their families, so when they spend as much as possible with their family when they have no official obligation elsewhere, can you fault them? We come home from work and see our families, sit on the couch and watch the knicks, who may be in boston or LA or where ever, away from their family.
On the other hand, I'd love to see them there, but it's their choice. I can'[t say that I'd choose any different from them. You miss a lot of little league games and school plays or whatever when you have to be away, I wouldn't want to miss one by choice. Plus curry did just get robbed, I'd want to be with my wife/family. Zach is moving cities. I don't know if he plans to buy a home here or what, but i'm sure he doesn't have one already, it's not like he'd just take a 1 hr commute to work from portland to here. It's a long trip. Cut these guys some slack. Second, is his family uprooting and comming with him to NY or will they stay in portland? if they stay, it will be more than just away games he doesn't see them at all, give the guy some time.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm glad somebody has seen the light...yes they get paid millions of dollars but they are human just like we are but only in they are in the spotlight...we all would like to see all 15 players (16 in our case) in the gym together all summer but it doesn't work like that...give them some slack

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Give Them A Break No Way

CURRY IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM NOW AND HE COULD HAVE TAKEN THE FAMILY ON A VACATION DOWN THERE TO WORK WITH THE GUYS FOR A LITTLE. PLUS IT WOULD HAVE GIVIN THEM A CHANCE TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL. I DONT THINK HE IS TAKING THIS RESPONSIBLITIY THE RIGHT WAY AND IF HE DOSNT THEN WE SHOULD CHANGE HIS ROLE. ZACK DEF SHOULD HAVE MADE IT HE SHE COME OFF THE BENCH AND LET LEE ROCK :barf:

Kiyaman

Legend
Another knick and his offseason summer of improvement.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_23043.shtml

It's nice to here that Jared is working out hard this offseason, but his bad season had alot to do with him not knowing the talents of his teammates. Jared Jefferies main talent is being a complimentary defensive player with his teammates. Last season he played a One on One defense that did not help the team in anyway. Oponents left Jared Jefferies open and free on offense on many occasions and when given the ball Jared did not have a clue what to do with it. Plus his blocking-out and rebounding were poor because he never established frontcourt teammate position with his teammates.

This offseason I would've been more happy to hear of Jared Jefferies scrimaging in pickup games with a couple of his Knick Teammates to get a BOND of each other talents so no expectation would arrive in this regular season games.

It's a BIG Suprise to hear of Marbury participating in the offseason with teammates in scrimaging and working on their skillz together (this is a first time for Marbury that I can recall).
It would be nice to hear of Curry & Zach in the gym or camp together this offseason working their talents into a frontcourt tandem.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
CURRY IS THE LEADER OF THE TEAM NOW AND HE COULD HAVE TAKEN THE FAMILY ON A VACATION DOWN THERE TO WORK WITH THE GUYS FOR A LITTLE. PLUS IT WOULD HAVE GIVIN THEM A CHANCE TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL. I DONT THINK HE IS TAKING THIS RESPONSIBLITIY THE RIGHT WAY AND IF HE DOSNT THEN WE SHOULD CHANGE HIS ROLE. ZACK DEF SHOULD HAVE MADE IT HE SHE COME OFF THE BENCH AND LET LEE ROCK :barf:

Let me Duct tape your family and stick a more than one gun in your family's faces. Are you a partial idiot or a full one? I'll say you're a complete idiot. Eddy family could have been killed, and now your saying he should shake it off like it didn't happen? Your a digrace as a human being. Have your stupid David Lee bias, but not at the sake of human kindness. You should never post here again but unfourtnately you will.

metrocard

Legend
Let me Duct tape your family and stick a more than one gun in your family's faces. Are you a partial idiot or a full one? I'll say you're a complete idiot. Eddy family could have been killed, and now your saying he should shake it off like it didn't happen? Your a digrace as a human being. Have your stupid David Lee bias, but not at the sake of human kindness. You should never post here again but unfourtnately you will.

This is why this guy should be banned. He takes everything too serious and personal, never really has anything informational to say and just dumbs down the IQ of the forum. Dr. Carpy hasn't changed either, He's even flamed his ass kissing buddy 1 and Only in the past. He's never going to change, new or old posters just ignore this guy cause he'll challenge you to a fight or an eating contest if you correct him.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Settle down Cher, or I'll send you to time out. Eddy Curry family faced the situation that I described. Why would NYC-Boy think Curry should leave his family. There's alot mental scarring that took place that day inthe Curry household. Facing death scares most people. Do you think Eddy's gonna feel secure leaving his family and going on the road? Not for some time I'd imagine. To say someone should be okay enough to participate in a impromptu (ad lib: without advance preparation) camp? That's not assinine, it's extremely cruel. I'm not sorry I posted what I did previously, because it the truth. Anyone who isn't sympathethic to Curry's plight is below algae, and far removed from being close to human.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Here's some offseason news about E-city

Good news.....do you remember how sweet is was when Ewing would post his man up then step out, and hit the turnaround fade away baby jumper :)

well - looks like Curry has added it to his arensal :)
Can't wait to see it the games this season!!!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2007/08/eddy_curry_is_shooting_jumpers.html

****EXCERPT****
But I'm hearing Curry has showed off a new dimension to his game: an outside J. Nate says that Eddy is doing so comfortably within a scrimmage. A little catch-and-shoot. A pop-out. A little Patrick Ewing-style.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I agree with Carpy. I must have over looked that post or I would have defiantly jumped on it. The sad thing is there are so many people out there with a similar view. I once heard a guy say that the Katrina victims would have left if they wanted to, as if it's their own fault for dieing. It's airhead logic and completely stupid. The same goes for the Curry situation. This man was held at gun point, his wife, his kids, and we want to know why he's not at an optional work out? I'm sure Thomas and Dolian told him to take all the time he needs as he should take all the time he needs.

Trin_Starr

Starter

Dr. Carpy - I understand where you are coming with from the Eddy Curry traumatic experience and all, but damn...that post was uncalled for....there's no need for any personal insults especially to a newbie who probably has no beef with you.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You are free to disagree and express your own views but it shouldn't have to be in such a hostile manner.

Let's keep the posts civil please

Josh

Rookie

So, how is prison, anyway?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Sorry Trin.

I get tired of people who act like athletes are automated beings created to entertain the rest of us. Curry is first and foremost a human being. He deserves all our compassion. That what I was trying to emphasize. I would never wish that type of ordeal to happen to anyone, not even Metro. The duct tape stuff anybody with an IQ understood that happened to Curry's helpless family. No one normal would want to subject their family to such an awful ordeal. So to act like I'd do something like this, is moronic (That means you Josh). If it wouldn't be okay to happen to anyone normals fam, why is it cool that it happened to Curry.

Last edited:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
So, how is prison, anyway?

Josh = Metro.

I get it now. You are one in the same. Both entities lack any true basketball knowledge. I've never been to prison. I never will go to prison. I'm an educated Buppy (Black Urban Professional). My wife and beamer would miss me. I ain't going anywhere. Metro, figured you were bigger than creating a second alias.

Josh

Rookie
Uhh...wow.

/And the sad thing is that you're serious...
//Seriously, what does being sarcastic and saying that you're "in prison" have to do with my basketball knowledge?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Uhh...wow.

/And the sad thing is that you're serious...
//Seriously, what does being sarcastic and saying that you're "in prison" have to do with my basketball knowledge?

Why would I be serious about you? You're a nobody. I read all of your 16 amazing posts. They evidence that you know nothing or a little less that that. So c'mon parrot, I look forward to your next amazing response.

Josh

Rookie
Why would I be serious about you? You're a nobody. I read all of your 16 amazing posts. They evidence that you know nothing or a little less that that. So c'mon parrot, I look forward to your next amazing response.

...Dude. I mean...wow.

You really take things WAY too seriously.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i agree nyc-boy's comments were a little harsh but dr. carpy, come on man take it easy. you can get your point across without being that insulting.