Knicks In Talks With Denver About Turiaf

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
game_37.jpg

As the Knicks attempt to create enough cap space to sign Tyson Chandler, the team has been in talks with the Nuggets about a deal involving Ronny Turiaf.

Turiaf was acquired by New York from the Warriors during the summer of 2010 in the David Lee sign-and-trade.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217142/Denver_Discussing_Turiaf_Trade_With_Knicks#ixzz1g2yI1yLZ

Very interested to see who this'll be for. At $4.2M, it could very well be the Birdman! Perhaps the return of The Gov? Surely not Wilson Chandler.

Perhaps center Koufos and, get this for a name, Chukwudiebere Maduabum a 6'9" Nigerian PF. Mad you a bum?

Could even be Douglas and Turiaf for Andre Miller?

Either way, if a trade does materialize, let's hope it bolsters this already tidily improved Knick team.:69:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I see no scenario where denver wants turiaf. There are many deals that I would love, getting wil, 3way getting us felton....I just don't see it happening. Which makes me think why the f did we s&t dlee to gsw? azu hasnt touched a court and i cant remember that lanky kids name and will probably never hear it again. if i remember correctly we knew about turiafs health issues and many predicted his marginal value despite making 4mil.

mafra

Legend
I would think it would be Turiaf+ for Andre Miller.

AM is due 7.8 mil this season though. NYK need to shed 4 mil. So, how to make this work?

1) DEN payroll at 28 mil. Leaves them plenty of room to absorb some contract. Maybe they are cool with bringing the local Denver kid back... Take Billups back. He only has 1 year left on his contract. Sure, it's 14 mil (doble AM) but they want to appease fans and make CB part of the org moving fwd. Do CB a solid. Maybe Knicks kick in a player like Bill Walker or Derrick Brown for their help getting us cap releif. NBA trade machine says Miller for Billups & Walker works, and says DEN gets better end of the deal.

2) Maybe DEN still signs Nene, and even wants Turiaf along with Billups. Turiaf-Billups-Walker is about 19 mil. DEN's payroll at about 28 mil now. 28+19 is 47. Add Nene and Nuggets good to go. But take Billups out of the equation, then a trade for Miller would have to be Turiaf + another 3 mil. This means that 2 players have to go: Walker, Rautins, Balkman, Brown.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Crazy⑧s;188498 said:
game_37.jpg

As the Knicks attempt to create enough cap space to sign Tyson Chandler, the team has been in talks with the Nuggets about a deal involving Ronny Turiaf.

Turiaf was acquired by New York from the Warriors during the summer of 2010 in the David Lee sign-and-trade.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217142/Denver_Discussing_Turiaf_Trade_With_Knicks#ixzz1g2yI1yLZ

Very interested to see who this'll be for. At $4.2M, it could very well be the Birdman! Perhaps the return of The Gov? Surely not Wilson Chandler.

Perhaps center Koufos and, get this for a name, Chukwudiebere Maduabum a 6'9" Nigerian PF. Mad you a bum?

Could even be Douglas and Turiaf for Andre Miller?

Either way, if a trade does materialize, let's hope it bolsters this already tidily improved Knick team.:69:

If they are making the trade to free up cap in order to sign Tyson, they would be looking for a 2nd round pick at most; they just want to remove his salary off the books.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This is about creating enough cap space to sign Chandler since Billups being amnestied does not give us enough space. We are currently $2 mil over the cap. Amnestying Billups' $14 mil will give us approx $12 mil in cap space. I believe we are offering Chandler $14.5 mil a year.

We are probably trading Turiaf to Denver for a 2nd round pick and possibly a player making less than $2 mil. Or possibly just for a 2nd round pick and that is it. Denver is below the cap enough to absorb Turiaf's contract so the salaries do not need to match.

la2ny

Starter
Damn, it would be nice to send Chauncey back home considering Denver could absorb his salary, but I don't think they want him :( , I'm hoping though they take him with Turiaf