Knicks Insider: "All Things Knicks"

mafra

Legend
With Joe Harris wanting time stay in BKLYN, and with GH wanting Indy, it?s time to look at BB (Sac) or Bertrans (WAS).

No reunion for Danilo Gallinari with the Knicks. 32-year-old Gallo signs a 3-year 61.5 million dollar deal with Atlanta. Better them than us at that price.

Kiyaman

Legend
Whereas Knicks and Hawks are main teams with cap space to sign Gordon Hayward, a sign and trade puts him in play as an option for contending teams. I?d look for the Celtics to try to arrange a sign and trade if Hayward does want to leave.

Please! Please! Do not bring Gordon Hayward weak-asshy game to NY !!!
Hayward has been the Boston Celtricks biggest down fall since signing him.

mafra

Legend
I just hope we rent out our cap space for future picks. I really don?t want a repeat of last year, where we just sign a bunch of bodies (whoever is left) on 1 year deals.

It?s going to be a really good draft class (3 stud PGs).

Nobody wants to watch Jeff Teague, Carmelo, and a few other vets hoard minutes and shots in another fruitless campaign to nowhere.

Knicks sign guard Alec Burks to a 1 year 6 million dollar deal.

We are very much doing what we did last year. Signing a bunch of short term deals to meet the league minimum salary requirement. Yawn.

Davis Bertrans off the board because he got 5 years 80 million from the Wizards.

mafra

Legend
Morris re-ups with LAC for 4/64.

HOU signs C-Woods (supposed NYK
Target) for 3/41...

AB a 35% + shooter from 3... He?ll replace the Wayne Ellington spot. Like I said, if we sign a bunch of these stiffs I will vomit. I would prefer they just give all the minutes to the kids to find out who has a future.

I don?t want to see AB taking minutes away from DSJ, Frank, Quickly.
We have Bullock. But, if this is the shooter we get... Fine! After 2 decades, this is what life is like for us. Free Agents shun NYK. We don?t even get meetings....

Drafting Obi Toppin and signing Alec Burks isn?t what we hoped for after waiting
8 months. What?s going to get really depressing is when KNicks start 4-18.

Alec Burks has agreed to a one-year, $6M deal to join the Knicks.

We've seen this movie before. The veteran SG should get lots of touches off the bench and will be able to pad his stats in garbage time as the Knicks project to be a lottery team once again. The one-year deal for Burks allows the Knicks to keep their financial flexibility for next summer and they'll have the chance to flip him at the deadline for a minor asset. Based on some of the contracts being doled out this isn't a bad way for New York to fill out their roster.

mafra

Legend
Bullock and Burks the SG rotation...

?One really nice thing about newest Knick Alec Burks is that he?s a great ball-mover for his position, finishing in the 86th percentile in AST% last season among wings acc. to @cleantheglass.?

Then again... we were told Wayne E could
Shoot the 3. Problem is these vets come here, we suck, and they play dispirited and disinterested and that translates into bad basketball from role players. A role player needs to be 100% invested to even have a min impact on a game, on W/L.

Bottom feeders sign these vets hoping for career averages, but usually you get career lows bc a role player is useless if not in the ideal situation.

Like Wayne, I suspect AB will play like trash and won?t be an asset come trade deadline.

Also, this takes valuable minutes away from DSJ, Frank, and IQ. But, things are flexible right now... hard to see what the final picture will look like.

But, RJ-Toppin-MItch need a guy like Burks for spacing.

Does this mean they feel IQ can play PG?

Will we just use 5 guards interchangeably?

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Burks is serviceable, can’t expect much for what we signed him for. I think the opposite, he might exceed expectations being on a 1 year deal and looking for more security, with more playing time on a rebuilding Knicks squad he might have a decent year. I’m expecting DJ or JT signing next since these 2 played for Thibs.

mafra

Legend
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
The Knicks remain in the Hayward hunt with salary-cap space, league sources say, but have held firm on lower figures than Indiana's

Hayward has a huge admirer in Tom Thibodeau and the Knicks, I'm told, have shown some willingness tonight to go beyond an initial two-year offer
8:53 PM ? Nov 20, 2020

mafra

Legend
With DJ Augustine signing w/ MIL and Dunn with ATL,I expect NYK will either sign Jeff Teague (2/18), trade for Rozier, Wall, or RW...

Or, we just go with what we got?

With DJ Augustine signing w/ MIL and Dunn with ATL,I expect NYK will either sign Jeff Teague (2/18), trade for Rozier, Wall, or RW...

We have to spend some money to hit the minimum I think. Teague isn?t a crazy choice. I get the impression we?re not in play for a major trade. It might be that we go with what we got. Lottery team.

Technically, VanVleet is still out there, I guess.

mafra

Legend
I bet we toss our money to a MKG or KCP, Melo, Teague and call it a wrap. Prepare for another 23 win season.

tiger0330

Legend
We have to spend some money to hit the minimum I think. Teague isn’t a crazy choice. I get the impression we’re not in play for a major trade. It might be that we go with what we got. Lottery team.

Technically, VanVleet is still out there, I guess.
FV resigns with the Raps 85M/4yrs.

tiger0330

Legend

The other option is to bring back Payton. I doubt Thibs wants to give the reins over to either DSJ or Nits.

mafra

Legend
Isola said something about how players don?t like Frank at PG bc they never know what he?s going to do. I think Frank is nothing but a combo guard / wing defender.

I think the PG is DSJ with IQ, right now. Burks and Frankie will help some with ball handling.