Knicks roster necessity

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Crawford defensively is one of the worst starting NBA 2 guards you can find, theres no disagreeing to that.

Crawford has single handly put the Knicks at the bottom in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd quater, and inconsistant has good 4th quaters.

Crawford never put the Knicks on the map. Crawford has never led the Knicks to the playoffs, and done anything special for this team. Crawford isn't even one of the best players on this team, I would rank Richardson, Lee, Marbury, Balkman, and Curry all ahead of Crawford.

Crawford's game is one dementional and he shoots his team in the back alot with his careless wreckless style of play, and being totally non existant on defense.

I think you're crazy for putting so much belief in Crawford as if he can change things around for this Franchise. In the last 2-3 years, he hasn't done jack shit.

Fuck my opinion, its quite simple. Jamal Crawford isn't good for this team. The Bulls found this out a LONG time ago. He's a NBA veteran, not a rookie or sophmore. He's an average player who gets all star minutes and all star responsbility. This is why we suck so much. We depend on average NBA players who don't play defense and have one dementional offensive games to lead this team.

Anyway, I think Isiah should be fired.

crawford is one of the most clutch players in this league, he leads the league the last two seasons in game winning shots, and how can u call somebody one dimensional when that player(crawford) makes currys life so much easier, i rest my case

metrocard

Legend
how can u call somebody one dimensional when that player(crawford) makes currys life so much easier, i rest my case

Accually, I can't debate here with you here.

crawcurry.gif

Your case is rested.

Seriously, We only miss Jamal in a situational sense and not in terms of a full game. On a consistant basis, Jamal is terrible 75% of the minutes he gets.

What this team misses the most is a healthy QRich. Secondly we miss Lees hustle and team play he makes the game easier for everyone. Then third we do miss Jamal but again in a situational sense.

If our team is missing Jamal Crawford that much then we have a very big problem.

If were so dependant on such a streaky inconsistent player then what does that say about the rest of our team? It says they're not very good that's what it says.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Trade: Steve Francis PG :barf: Channing Frye FC :barf: Jerome James FC :barf:[/QUOTE said:
frye has value and can be traded, but what gm in his rite mind is taking burger-king james , or francis???

Kiyaman

Legend
What we really needed then and now is a Head Coach and a coaching staff with a plan that is on the "SAME-PAGE" in making that plan work within the Knick Players.

Any and all Knick Players whom refuse to play acordingly to this plan is shipped out for a player that is used to playing within a rotated system.

metrocard

Legend
What we really needed then and now is a Head Coach and a coaching staff with a plan that is on the "SAME-PAGE" in making that plan work within the Knick Players.

Any and all Knick Players whom refuse to play acordingly to this plan is shipped out for a player that is used to playing within a rotated system.

BLOW IT THE FUCK UP!

Damn, when will the day come?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
People Knicks NEED to get rid of:
Isiah Thomas(basketball IQ: 150; GM and Coaching IQ: 25)
Eddy Curry(sucks)
Jared Jeffries(overpaid)
Quentin Richardson(injury prone)
Jerome James(overpaid)

People Knicks should put on the trading block, due to their value:
Jamal Crawford- 20 ppg for 8 mil./yr.; can be used as 6th man or role player.
Eddy Curry- Sucks, but his 14 ppg is appealing to teams looking for offense.
Zach Randolph- ONLY if the Knicks trade Curry and Crawford, too. If not, leave him on the team

People the Knicks should keep:
Nate Robinson
David Lee
Balkman
Stephon Marbury(he has an expiring contract after this year)
Malik Rose(has an expiring contract after this year)
Zach Randolph(if we trade him, we're gonna get another team's trash; I'd
rather keep him at least for one more season after this one)
Fred Jones(good defender and can shoot free throws-something knicks lack)

People that aren't hurting the team, but doesn't matter if they stay, or if they go:
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Randolph Morris

Guys that are doing chronic damage to the team, due to inconsistency:
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Jared Jeffries
*Stephon Marbury

*= due to injuries, not because they actually played poorly

metrocard

Legend
People Knicks NEED to get rid of:
Isiah Thomas(basketball IQ: 150; GM and Coaching IQ: 25)
Eddy Curry(sucks)
Jared Jeffries(overpaid)
Quentin Richardson(injury prone)
Jerome James(overpaid)

People Knicks should put on the trading block, due to their value:
Jamal Crawford- 20 ppg for 8 mil./yr.; can be used as 6th man or role player.
Eddy Curry- Sucks, but his 14 ppg is appealing to teams looking for offense.
Zach Randolph- ONLY if the Knicks trade Curry and Crawford, too. If not, leave him on the team

People the Knicks should keep:
Nate Robinson
David Lee
Balkman
Stephon Marbury(he has an expiring contract after this year)
Malik Rose(has an expiring contract after this year)
Zach Randolph(if we trade him, we're gonna get another team's trash; I'd
rather keep him at least for one more season after this one)
Fred Jones(good defender and can shoot free throws-something knicks lack)

People that aren't hurting the team, but doesn't matter if they stay, or if they go:
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Randolph Morris

Guys that are doing chronic damage to the team, due to inconsistency:
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Jared Jeffries
*Stephon Marbury

*= due to injuries, not because they actually played poorly

Best post in this thread.

mikelee

Rookie
players we need
-david lee(rebound)
-nate robinson(who can shoot and assist(he starts to have more assits lately)
-balkman (agressive d)
-Malik Rose(maybe- a leader)
-Fred Jones(a good d-fender and a good shooter)
-mardy collins (maybe- i think he could improve)
-eddy curry (had a bad season due to the presence of zach)
-marbury(still has the agressiveness if he was given the opportunities he got from last season)

players we don't need
-Q-Rich(injury)
-Zach (demands for the ball too much, does not have the average FG% for PF, do the things curry used to do last season-scoring)
-Jerome James
-Jared Jeffries (a sucker who cannot shoot)

Lineup
C- Eddy Curry
PF- Malik Rose
SF- Renaldo Balkman
SG- Fred JOnes
PG- Stephon Marbury
reserves- David lee, Crawford, robinson

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
players we need
-david lee(rebound)
-nate robinson(who can shoot and assist(he starts to have more assits lately)
-balkman (agressive d)
-Malik Rose(maybe- a leader)
-Fred Jones(a good d-fender and a good shooter)
-mardy collins (maybe- i think he could improve)
-eddy curry (had a bad season due to the presence of zach)
-marbury(still has the agressiveness if he was given the opportunities he got from last season)

players we don't need
-Q-Rich(injury)
-Zach (demands for the ball too much, does not have the average FG% for PF, do the things curry used to do last season-scoring)
-Jerome James
-Jared Jeffries (a sucker who cannot shoot)

Lineup
C- Eddy Curry
PF- Malik Rose
SF- Renaldo Balkman
SG- Fred JOnes
PG- Stephon Marbury
reserves- David lee, Crawford, robinson

Im dont think we should keep Curry, Malik is not a leader but at this point we mite as well keep him and let his contract expire. Fred Jones is not a good shooter but hes a keeper, Im glad to see you recognizin how good marbury played last year. He still has it in him, It would be best for him to play on another team at this point but if he stays with the Knicks im not complainin, hes my favorite player.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Trade Curry for an expiring contract. Example J will from the Heat. They have a vacancy at center since Shaq left. Draft a defensive minded center or maybe we get lucky and draft a great point guard like Rose. I love Marbury; but I guess if he isn't traded, he will be bought out next year. If they don't draft Rose then they should hold on to Marbury one more year since they are paying for him anyway.

If the Knicks are lucky to draft a very good point guard, they should consider perhaps making a trade for maybe someone like Ben Wallace.

This would be ideal for me:
Buy out Marbury
Draft Derrick Rose
Draft a shooting guard in the second round
Trade Ben Wallace for Q-Rich and Jared Jefferies
Trade Eddy Curry for an expiring contract

Next Year's line up

PG: Rose/Robinson
SG: Crawford/2nd round pick
SF: Lee/Balkman
PF: Randolph/Malik Rose
C: Ben Wallace/ Jerome James

I know it's hard, but I wouldn't mind seeing 2008-2009 like this. If they suck, then they'll have a good draft again. The key is to hold on and not spend more money on dumb contracts. Let's play all these contracts out and have a shot at Lebron James in 2010. I know we could all see him as a Knick, and he does too.

If they don't draft Rose then we can draft another Georgetown Center:
Roy Hibbert. They should keep Marbury for another year, but still trade Curry for an expiring contract. They still should draft a shooting guard in the second round.

PG: Marbury/Robinson
SG: Crawford/2nd round pick
SF: Lee/ Balkman
PF: Randolph/ Rose
C: Hibbert/ Jerome James

Starks

Starter
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYY338_JgvI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYY338_JgvI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
very funny postin that video, he didnt say nothin about bein great, just bein better then last year. Thats obviously not the case, things didnt work out but who thought we would be as bad as we are? I was expectin the same as last year, 9th or 10th with a chance to sneak into the playoffs and get swept.

This poster brings up makin a trade for Ben Wallace, says nothin bad about Marbury so im confused as to why that video got posted. Im sweatin this one, its got me all wet and thinkin hard no homo.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I wouldn't buy out anyone, but I would attempt to trade Curry and Zach for an all-star type caliber player. If the owners agree and accept being a mediocre to bad team for one more season, we can free up plenty of cap space and start making a comeback. Most players in the league would love to play for NY.

I think Morris should have gotten playing time by now. How the hell are they supposed to know what type of talent they have if they don't test him in real game situations? He's 6'11" and can't be any worse than JJ... give the guy a shot man! I still think it was wrong for them to not sign Nichols. There wasn't any question about his shooting ability, and with Q not being able to hit water with piss this season, we are short one shooter.

As of right now, drafting a guard should be the priority unless they can get rid of McFlurry and or Zach. I really like Hibbert at the center position for us because he knows how to defend and rebound.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Looks like it might be a possibility

I had posted previously that the Knicks should trade Curry to the Heat for expiring contracts. According to Hoops Hype, Riley might be interested in Curry since he does need a Center. Riley does not want to wait 2 years to rebuild and Curry might be a piece t his puzzle, plus he is only 25 years old.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYY338_JgvI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYY338_JgvI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Haha! That video is hilarious. What a moron!
"They scared now".
"We got a youthier team".

I'm one of the few people on this site that knew the Randolph trade wouldn't work and the Knicks weren't making the playoffs this year. Damn! What does it take to get Isiah fired?

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I had posted previously that the Knicks should trade Curry to the Heat for expiring contracts. According to Hoops Hype, Riley might be interested in Curry since he does need a Center. Riley does not want to wait 2 years to rebuild and Curry might be a piece t his puzzle, plus he is only 25 years old.

You're right. We need to trade for expiring contracts and apparantly Miami is interested in Curry. An Eddy Curry trade for Jason Williams' expiring contract would work. But that won't happen as long as Isiah is still here. He is such a stubborn, moronic, asshole, he won't admit he made a mistake and accept rebuilding.

dre48ny

Rotation player
If Isaiah wants to start getting some credibility, he must start making moves towards the future as well as trade the players he brought in. He must accept that he messed up!!!! This would be a move in the right direction. Remove salary space and draft perhaps a center or Rose if we get lucky. Apparently Marbury is going to start light practicing with the knicks as part of Rehab. What do the Knicks do with him? Marbury has mad skills, why doesn't he just play like a Jason Kidd or Chris Paul ( Assist first in mind) He has mad dribbling and passing skills. You guys think if he stays next year, he could just spread the ball around a lot more and think of scoring second. He has to be the captain and leader. Sort of like the QB of the court. I think he is more than capable of doing this, it's just getting him to accept this role.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury is the man, he doesn't even speak on the microphone or acknowledges its there.

Isiah will never get credibility; theres no way you can forgive what he's done in New York; I don't care if he brings in Lebron James here.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Haha! That video is hilarious. What a moron!
"They scared now".
"We got a youthier team".

I'm one of the few people on this site that knew the Randolph trade wouldn't work and the Knicks weren't making the playoffs this year. Damn! What does it take to get Isiah fired?

who cares about what he says in an interview, he was only tryin to hype the fans up and Marbury has nothin to do with us suckin, its all Isiah. If Marbury was playin we'd be 4 or 5 games closer to the #8 spot.