Knicks Summer League - Starts July 8th, 2022

mafra

Legend
Yeah, I don?t get the Simms/Hunt love from last night. They made Moody look like the Mailman?.

Grimes talking smack and then laid an egg in the first half.

McBride buried behind Brunson, Rose, & IQ. Who really cares about him?

Rose andKnicks get no benefit of doubt. Dolan and Leon treat us like crap, they don?t need to cater to their fans?

Leon Rose gets applauded bc he drafts NBA bodies. Big deal. Every team drafts a guy who can play some minutes?.

His free agency last year was a total bomb? worst in recent memory?.

Randle, D-Rose, RJ and Thibbs took big steps backwards last season. It?s kind of hard to care or root for them anymore. I?m trying?. But I also realize this roster can?t compete and won?t be competitive for 2-3 years and I have no faith in management. So?.

Kiyaman

Legend
? July 10 ? CHI (5pm ET)
? July 11 ? POR (11pm ET)
? July 14 ? ORL (7:30pm ET)

I'm looking forward to watching Sims Big-Man performance vs opponents ..
Bulls Center Marko Simonovic
And Magic Center Paolo Banchero

I wanted to see the Blazers SG Sharpe go up against Keels and Grimes, but the news of Dame $61M per extension injured Sharpe for the remainder of the SL games .. that's half of the team cap lol

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ski, I don't think I have ever not blame the F.O. from the beginning. Drafting RJ was a total mistake on Mills/Perry part. They are a 100% the blame. With that being said, it doesn't lessen the 'Mistake' which is RJ. So I'm suppose to forgive RJ and hammer Mills/Perry. That ain't happening. The Mistake is all three not just two.

WAIT?? For What Ski? If you know BB and I believe you do. Quit trying to get a good outcome from it. There are to many things wrong with it. Too many players were treated wrong because Mills/Perry trying to prove they know BB. I can't and I want be a party to anything that says 'Wait for another year for RJ' or 'No, the dye isn't cast for RJ'. Wish as you may but it shouldn't take you 3 years to see this was a mistake. Just admit it and be vocal about it. F.O. told you that drafting RJ was a good move. If you think that then maybe I miss judge you, SKI because you know better.

I am optimistic with a true pg that coach will run a correct offensive scheme that will allow RJ and others to play real bb

I am optimistic with a true pg that coach will run a correct offensive scheme that will allow RJ and others to play real bb

It?s good you have optimism. Just don?t let that optimism cloud your judgement.
?To thine on self be true?!!
In your life you have probably never put a value or thought what one of the top1-3(4)draft pick should produce. We are in a very bad state right now as a team. A Transformative player? A player that ?Moves the Needle? of the team. Where do they come from?? Walk up to the Knicks front door and knot on it? Out walking down the street and you can just pick one?
Missed opportunities and a team has to pay for them. THAT RIGHT!!
If what you say about the offense scheme comes true. Then RJ will be non-existent in the offense. Hunt will be at the SF if he continue what I have seen.
Will Perry/Rose let that happen?? Thib?s follow orders and don?t coach because if he did he would have bench RJ.

I enjoyed watching that first Summer League game. Not drawing any real conclusions from it because there is a distinct chance not a single guy on that roster is getting regular minutes when the season starts later this year.

It would not be shocking at all, assuming everyone is healthy, for our rotations to be:

1st unit: MRob, Randle, RJ, Fournier, Brunson
2nd unit: Hartenstein, Toppin, Reddish, Quickley, DRose

From what I can see, Sims and McBride likely need injuries to play. Keels probably has no chance to play this season.

I like Grimes. He?s only the guy who I can see just outright breaking into the rotation, but if he does, he?s there to play defense and shoot open 3s, not be so ball dominant like he looks in Summer League.

Long story short, our SL squad doesn?t really mean much when it counts probably.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 59 - Bulls 24
The Knicks summer league team knows how to out-perform their opponents on both sides of the court.
25 pt Knicks lead on GREAT Team-Defense !!!
Jefferies (11 pts) & Sims (10 pts) shooting above 95% from FG

Kiyaman

Legend
McBride's 3-ball made it a Knicks 30 pt lead .. 75-45
Add Montero's play-making speed & distribution, and Potter's block on the Glass to the Knicks SL 2-0 rotation.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will the Knicks SL 8 Man rotation win a SL Ring ???

PG-McBride
SG-Grimes
SG-Keels
SF-Hunt
C-Sims
6th man Jefferies
PG-Montero
PF-Potter
Knicks 101 - Bulls 69

Let get something straight before I comment. The Bulls looks like a SL team with very little practice and chemistry. So no jumping up and down, please.

I like what I saw of Simm with putting the ball on the floor. Still no jumper!!
Hunt looked good!!
McBride is still looking good not expected by me.

tiger0330

Legend
Play of the game was Grimes driving to basket and making that no look behind his head pass to Jericho for a flush. Bulls looked like 5 guys meeting for the first time playing a game together, Knicks looked good in their defensive switches and ball movement.

mafra

Legend
If Elon Musk could face jail time for backing out of a business deal? Are we able to incarcerate Gaines and Jackson for what they did to this organization!

They should build a statue at MsG: Phil Jackson selecting Cleanthony Early over Nikola Jokic.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 36 - Blazers 37
What the Heck is going on ...
Knicks win first qtr. 24-9
Blazers win 2nd qtr. 28-12

Knicks were 4-10 from FT, 6-22 from 3's, and 13-39 from FG
Grimes the only Knicks in double figures 13 pts on 5-10 FGA

Kiyaman

Legend
Say, no to a back to back .. Knicks ran out of gas in the 2nd quarter, and started shooting more 3-ball shots than 2's .. Knicks shot 29-76 FGA, and 11-41 from the 3's .... While the Blazers stuck to a game plan of getting Knicks center Sims out of the paint to score continuous inside shots making 30-62 FGA, and 10-24 from the 3-ball line !!!

Last edited:
Got a question?
Since other teams pull stars out of SL after two games. Why didn?t the Knicks pulls all of their experience players and see what else you had on the bench??
Not like winning the SL is a big deal.

Kiyaman

Legend
Got a question?
Since other teams pull stars out of SL after two games. Why didn?t the Knicks pulls all of their experience players and see what else you had on the bench??

Remind you of something coach Thibs does .. have a 7 or 8 man rotation at the end of a back to back, having 4 players received 30 min of playing time. Plus the game started at 11 pm.

Today the SL Knicks will beat the Magic by 10 or more points ....

Kiyaman

Legend
Got a question?

Remind you of something coach Thibs does .. have a 7 or 8 man rotation at the end of a back to back, having 4 players received 30 min of playing time. Plus the game started at 11 pm.

Today the SL Knicks are well rested, and will beat the Magic by 10 or more points ....